GoG: Easter Sale Promos...?

+
GoG: Easter Sale Promos...?

Easter *was* near, and i was honestly wondering; will gog host some promos, offers and packages for holiday sales on discount? Just like Christmas past? And if so, when does the "feast" begin...? :cool:

Excellent question.

Personally, I hope Steam is gonna do something as well. I'd like to pick up some indie games and a couple of DmC DLCs.

Aver

Forum veteran
Sorry McFly, but in our timeline Easter was a month ago.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=easter&btnG=&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=

[Edit]
Oh, I see. You are from Greece and you have different date of Easter than most of the world. But yeah, as there was no promo for a "normal" Easter, then I doubt that there will be promo for an Orthodox Easter.

Aver said:
Sorry McFly, but in our timeline Easter was a month ago.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=easter&btnG=&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&gs_l=

[Edit]
Oh, I see. You are from Greece and you have different date of Easter than most of the world. But yeah, as there was no promo for a "normal" Easter, then I doubt that there will be promo for an Orthodox Easter.

No promos then? Damn. The christmas ones were sweet and i simply lost them... Too bad, i was hoping to make amends and buy me and some friends some gifts from GoG... Thankfully, each and every weekend and new week has some different offers. And about religion, the theme was not. GoG holiday, not chuch one, was the one researched...

You are aware GOG has regular sales right? Like right now they have a 50% discount on selected games (I recommend both Oddworld games and Alien Shooter 2). Recently they had a sale thing stacking up to 80% on D&D cRPG's. And so on.

Volsung said:
You are aware GOG has regular sales right? Like right now they have a 50% discount on selected games (I recommend both Oddworld games and Alien Shooter 2). Recently they had a sale thing stacking up to 80% on D&D cRPG's. And so on.

But of course. As soon as i saw both Oddworld titles 3 euros each. I HAD to get them. But other than that, i was hoping for some more discounts... Never mind. This simply means i will have to be content by just buying fewer games in total than i wanted to begin with... :eek:

As far as Oddworlds games go, you could buy them for 0.75$ (for both) during an indie bundle sale about a month ago, not on GOG though ;)

Damn, seriously? What bundle? Not the Humble Bundle that's for sure, I usually get those. Did they come Linux ready?

I just installed Abe's Oddysee through Wine on my netbook. Runs fine except for the movies, which play painfully slow, so I moved those files elsewhere and played a bare-bones game.

Fantasta said:
As far as Oddworlds games go, you could buy them for 0.75$ (for both) during an indie bundle sale about a month ago, not on GOG though ;)/>/>

Erm, that's great news, but no thanks... I would never purchase anything if it weren't on GoG. I would even pay for them full price, if they weren't on discount, actually. But that means i would have had to purchase fewer titles anyway...

And since you mentioned oddworld, they are currently working on the pc version of Munchee's Odyssey HD. Something tells me, when it's ready, it will be on GoG too!

Volsung said:
Damn, seriously? What bundle? Not the Humble Bundle that's for sure, I usually get those. Did they come Linux ready?
It was Groupees bundle. Oddworld was bundled as a DRM-free game, plus you could get a Steam key, unfortunately no GOG key. But the good thing is some bundles have recently started adding GOG keys too -- e.g. IGS bundles -- and Groupees I think are going to do that too.

Volsung said:
mariobros777, I'm just curious: why are all your posts voted up?

Sorry, isn't this a bit out of topic? Really like talking about anything, but isn't this a bit too random...? Well, i myself tend to rate up other people's comments sometimes, so isn't it a bit likely that some people would do the same to me? Some answers i provided, like the one with the daggers/finishing moves etc were rated good by many people. Is that bad? :confused:

mariobros777 said:
Sorry, isn't this a bit out of topic? Really like talking about anything, but isn't this a bit too random...? Well, i myself tend to rate up other people's comments sometimes, so isn't it a bit likely that some people would do the same to me? Some answers i provided, like the one with the daggers/finishing moves etc were rated good by many people. Is that bad? :confused:/>

/>

What a success! Someone has devotion for your words, seriously... Perhaps I've given all my +1 to ungrateful people />

Wichat said:
/>/>

What a success! Someone has devotion for your words, seriously... Perhaps I've given all my +1 to ungrateful people />/>

What an uneeded ironic implication... If there has to be a chain of off-topic break, please, be my guest, if you find it so amusing. Besides, the mistake was mine to begin with (to answer an already off-topic quote). And who is the "ungrateful people" exactly? Someone had a bad day or something...? Shall i grab the bucket 'o water and the trollslayer silver sword now, or there is still hope that my thread won't be flammed and trolled, perchance...? (humor is said to pacify)

Anyways. An on-topic question to return... well, on-topic. Does GoG have special offers each and every weekend, or on occasion??

Guest 2091327

Was wondering about all the +1 posts too, but I guess the mods can see who is actually voting for whom.

GOG have an offer every weekend, plus usually a 1-game 1-day offer during the week as well. Just head over there and you'll see it. Had a think about Psychonauts this weekend as I saw good reviews for it, but didn't buy it in the end. Thought it was a bit too cartoonish for my like. Oh well. Probably wouldn't have played it in ages anyway.

Pangaea said:
Was wondering about all the +1 posts too, but I guess the mods can see who is actually voting for whom.

GOG have an offer every weekend, plus usually a 1-game 1-day offer during the week as well. Just head over there and you'll see it.

Ok. Will check it out. Thanks for the reply!

Hmm? I always wondered what could a moderator's job here might be. Thanks for pointing us to the right direction. Finding who voted up my posts! Yeah, that's the spirit. Keep up the good work up, you three (you know who)! Also, i always thought that this might be a mature community, for mature people. If some people turned it into their personal quest to vote down all my posts or learn WHO and WHY rated them up, congratulations! That has to be the most kindergarden thing ever i 've ever seen on a forum anywhere! As Henselt says, you managed to entertain and piss me off at the same time. But nonetheless, ENTERTAIN! :p

Also, things like these prove that the places of the trolls' origins (who and where were the trolls invented from...?) are good and true, and on the right direction of the compass...

Let us all wear our troll masks and happily play kindergarden. If that is what makes you happy like little kids, i will play with you, i don't want you start crying on me or something... And for the love of troll, eh, god, let the good moderators here gather to find out who gives my posts vote ups! If the witcher is 18+, this here place should be 8+.

P.S. Just to let you know, "I" gave Pangaea +1. Do not start an inquisition, or crying because you cannot find out and guess!

mariobros777 said:
Hmm? I always wondered what could a moderator's job here might be. Thanks for pointing us to the right direction. Finding who voted up my posts! Yeah, that's the spirit. Keep up the good work up, you three (you know who)! Also, i always thought that this might be a mature community, for mature people. If some people turned it into their personal quest to vote down all my posts or learn WHO and WHY rated them up, congratulations! That has to be the most kindergarden thing ever i 've ever seen on a forum anywhere! As Henselt says, you managed to entertain and piss me off at the same time. But nonetheless, ENTERTAIN! :p/>/>/>

Also, things like these prove that the places of the trolls' origins (who and where were the trolls invented from...?) are good and true, and on the right direction of the compass...

Let us all wear our troll masks and happily play kindergarden. If that is what makes you happy like little kids, i will play with you, i don't want you start crying on me or something... And for the love of troll, eh, god, let the good moderators here gather to find out who gives my posts vote ups! If the witcher is 18+, this here place should be 8+.

P.S. Just to let you know, "I" gave Pangaea +1. Do not start an inquisition, or crying because you cannot find out and guess!

Angry about +1 or -1? Who can critize that? IMO, seriously, this is an anonymous forum, one of many, and give importance to these green and red parallelograms is a matter of personal priorities. I personally give more value to the posts they respond directly to mine, compared to those which appear voted + or - . Matter of taste, I guess.

Moreover, it should not be surprising to you that among the thousands of posts published here, just those from the same user are displayed with a vote a few seconds after being submited. Never happened (that I can remember), and it is natural that attracted the attention.

Do not bother if we have commented about it. There was no intention of it. Once again, congratulation for having friends who support you this way. And please, don't call trolls somebody who you don't know, although you could feel that you're surrounded by childer there's no need to assume the role of a babysitter, even though the good will is appreciated. ;)/>

About OP, GOG is making more offers lately.

mariobros777 said:
Hmm? I always wondered what could a moderator's job here might be. Thanks for pointing us to the right direction. Finding who voted up my posts! Yeah, that's the spirit. Keep up the good work up, you three (you know who)! Also, i always thought that this might be a mature community, for mature people. If some people turned it into their personal quest to vote down all my posts or learn WHO and WHY rated them up, congratulations! That has to be the most kindergarden thing ever i 've ever seen on a forum anywhere! As Henselt says, you managed to entertain and piss me off at the same time. But nonetheless, ENTERTAIN! :p/>

Oh but this is a sensible community. Finding out who's upvoting posts and disputing horns in a game is what sensible people do. There aren't any more important things to worry about! First world problems are still problems!

Before any of you "sensible" people start pointing fingers, I was the one who upvoted his post. Me. For speaking the truth.

Alrighty then, now that I've seen posts that are so incredibly pointless, it makes 4chan look like a forum for members of Mensa, I'm gonna take my leave. You made me very hungry and I've gotta satiate that need!

Top Bottom