Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

+
Restlessdingo32;n9389221 said:
Nah it was a joke :). I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

Sounded like one but i wasn't sure.

Well, the Dev Stream is an hour away. Maybe we'll get some info regarding Eithne. I hope i'm not right.

The most infuriating one to me is probably Schirru. "no change to schirru", they just said. And we can see during the stream that scorch is NOT limited to silver and bronze. So basically Schirru creates a scorch (sacrificing a card in your hand for it) that can kill himself. if you choose to not create it, then he's just a 10 strength gold body. Oh but wait, gold body don't have any meaning anymore now.

I'm considering calling him the worst ST gold card next patch. I mean I would probably take Milva or the new Iorverth over him pretty much any day. It seemed that Ithline was buffed, and saessenthessis seemed buffed to 10 as well.

It seems to me that they didn't consider the impact that the big change had on some of the cards around. Also Yen con doesn't have any armour, so even with her death wish, she can be killed in one turn by a 7 damage ability (and it's starting to be quite common right now : Alzur's thunder, assassins, iorverth, Madman Lugos, cyclops, Eskel, Assassinate, nithral and Imlerith if in frost, and so on and so on).

On the other hand, I don't know how the idea of having a 1 strength disloyal kambi that can be damaged by everything (including savage bears, as they are inchanged as well so they can wound golds) in the same faction as a faction with savage bear was approved by the devs.

Kambi just kind of become a gold that will instantly wipe out everything on the board with just one savage bear played on your side first, rather than a 3 turn timer gold that you could react to or play around.

Last edited:
I am not overal happy with this change. As suggestion, I´d keep leader cards as all gold units were before patch. Safe and unique, not being targeted by spells and effects through "leader" tag

Zefyris;n9391431 said:
Kambi just kind of become a gold that will instantly wipe out everything on the board with just one savage bear played on your side first, rather than a 3 turn timer gold that you could react to or play around.

But it will also kill all gold units now, meaning your opponent gets a 16 gold unit and you get nothing, unless you have some weird Morkvarg thing going on.

4RM3D;n9392131 said:
But it will also kill all gold units now, meaning your opponent gets a 16 gold unit and you get nothing, unless you have some weird Morkvarg thing going on.

I need to check but apparently Kambi is now loyal instead, so that would mean that the combo with the bear isn't possible. The fact that it kills gold just means that whoever has more CA wins, except if the opponent has something that can lock kambi in hand as his last card, pretty much. Also, that 16str gold unit is also killable easily.

Edit: it is indeed loyal now.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I was expecting major changes to compensate for the being destructable. They're mostly the same so what's the point of using a lot of them?

Snake_Foxhounder;n9392591 said:
Quite frankly, I was expecting major changes to compensate for the being destructable. They're mostly the same so what's the point of using a lot of them?

Well, those with deploy ability are played for that ability mainly, not for body on board. And those with passive ability will have bigger body and either deathwish or armor so that they punish opponent or can´t be generally removed by one card only.

I've destroyed enough golds before this change to feel fairly comfortable about the whole thing.

Golds are always vunerable to my eyes anyway, protected or not, now i just don't have to use d-shackles

Win win.

Last edited:
Gold cards are so weak now...

So terrible!Gold cards can so easy to be.killed.Very frustrating and very bad experience,there are only 4 gold cards in a deck,but they are easy to be killed now,there is no difference from bronze cards.Pls fix it.Dont effect Gold card,The experience is so bad!!!!!!!!

I think this is a really bad change; instead of allowing Golds to be targeted they should have nerfed insane golds that go to 20+ value.

Lantea;n9400841 said:
I think this is a really bad change; instead of allowing Golds to be targeted they should have nerfed insane golds that go to 20+ value.

But you can just, like, Gigni them now, for instance, so I don't see the point.

Sure, it's true that there are golds that spread out more value on the board and those will get better now, but it's logical that there is a power shift. It happens after every patch.

Quite frankly the people who are complaining are probably the once that used the golden Villentretenmerth strategy, which was fun for a short while but got boring. It wasn't that overpowered though.

Good change. Interactivity is always better imo. There will always be whiners. First the game is too "random" and "chance-based", and now Gold have lost their OP status. What do you want, really? For some it's never good. All I know is that I won over 90% of the games where I ended up with all 4 of my golds and my opponent did not, and lost more than I won when it was the other way around.

Last edited:
I haven't played any game just yet (spent my day off afternoon creating new decks) but so far, nothing that made me jump about Gold cards, all of them seem viable and balanced.
And to be fair, with all the trust I have for CDPR I did cover my eyes while checking some cards...like Decoy I was like "plse don't make the mistake of making it targeting Golds" but no. At the end of the day they don't seem to have felt into any "traps" the "golds can be targeted" system could lay on their path.

The only thing that made me jump from my chair wasn't even Gold....And by the way, mark my words but Stammelford's tremors is going to be nerfed in the next patch. Is that just me or this card is ridiculous. I mean, it doesn't only triggers on your opponent's unit, you can literally convert your priestesses into golems...that's insane!

Top Bottom