Good Golds for Dwarves?

+
Good Golds for Dwarves?

Was wondering some good golds for dwarves, or just good gold in general? I got Zoltan Chivay already, and don't know if Renew is still good enough to run over anything else. I got Triss Merigold and Saes as my other two. Any advice?

Off the top of my head, Ithlinne, Zoltan, Gigni, Saskia. Most Dwarf decks run those four. Royal Decree and Tamer can work too. I don't think I'd run Renew in Dwarves. It is a dead card R1 and Dwarf decks ideally go hard to win R1. You might be able to make Yen good with Iboost.

Restlessdingo32;n9155960 said:
Off the top of my head, Ithlinne, Zoltan, Gigni, Saskia. Most Dwarf decks run those four. Royal Decree and Tamer can work too. I don't think I'd run Renew in Dwarves. It is a dead card R1 and Dwarf decks ideally go hard to win R1. You might be able to make Yen good with Iboost.

Fair enough, I just had renew from before the update, since it was pretty strong then. Thanks for the advice.

For me, Ithiline and Zoltan Chivay are a must have, the other two slots are can be discussed and rely on the deck. I only have Saskia along with the three witchers and Brouver Hoog as leader, which allows you to put 28 strength in play with a single turn and burns many cards. Geralt: Igni and Royal Decree I´d go with

Eliadann;n9380691 said:
For me, Ithiline and Zoltan Chivay are a must have, the other two slots are can be discussed and rely on the deck. I only have Saskia along with the three witchers and Brouver Hoog as leader, which allows you to put 28 strength in play with a single turn and burns many cards. Geralt: Igni and Royal Decree I´d go with

That necro. And you give him advices just before the patch where everything will change.. xD

KasumiGoto;n9381571 said:
That necro. And you give him advices just before the patch where everything will change.. xD
Also, Ithline... Apart from buff Dwarves, she's a net negative imo.

And why Royal Decree? To pull her?

HenryGrosmont;n9382721 said:
Also, Ithline... Apart from buff Dwarves, she's a net negative imo.
And why Royal Decree? To pull her?

Exactly. She is basically the ability to play a game breaking situational card twice in a row. If she is a must have, Royal Decree to pull her is a must too

Eliadann;n9383241 said:
Exactly. She is basically the ability to play a game breaking situational card twice in a row. If she is a must have, Royal Decree to pull her is a must too
Strongly disagree on Royal Decree. There are better options than that. And what is that game breaking situational card are you talking about?

HenryGrosmont;n9384001 said:
Strongly disagree on Royal Decree. There are better options than that. And what is that game breaking situational card are you talking about?

Some people see Ithiline just as resilient dwarves booster, but being able to play lacerate or adrenaline rush (to give you two examples) twice in a row can be very strong move, situationally speaking

Eliadann;n9385241 said:
Some people see Ithiline just as resilient dwarves booster, but being able to play lacerate or adrenaline rush (to give you two examples) twice in a row can be very strong move, situationally speaking

Sorry if I wasnn't clear, why is it gamebreaking?

Probably because any time there is a special card that is strictly better than any other card in the game, (read: mardroeme -meta), Ithiline represents the ability to play that card twice.

Her ability to possibly double the effect of a special card is something which always needs to be taken into consideration when CDPR goes forth and releases new cards.

HenryGrosmont;n9384001 said:

Swims Dorfs had Decree in it in place of Saskia a bit ago. Presumably to trade the tempo for consistency because potion spam gives plenty. It's possibly a moot point since the patch is on the horizon. But I believe that is the logic behind it.

It isn't like Saskia was auto-include anyway... Pumpkin dropped it from his deck too, albeit for different reasons.

I think hes talking about AR BTW. To be honest it is a dumb card, simply because disregarding CA entirely for outrageous carry-over shouldn't be a thing.

Restlessdingo32;n9386711 said:
Swims Dorfs had Decree in it in place of Saskia a bit ago. Presumably to trade the tempo for consistency because potion spam gives plenty. It's possibly a moot point since the patch is on the horizon. But I believe that is the logic behind it.

It isn't like Saskia was auto-include anyway... Pumpkin dropped it from his deck too, albeit for different reasons.

I think hes talking about AR BTW. To be honest it is a dumb card, simply because disregarding CA entirely for outrageous carry-over shouldn't be a thing.
I see now. I ran Ragh-Nar-Roog in mine, along with a few other nasty surprises, and if I did carry over a large unit, it was only because of the opponent being fixated on dealing with my disruptions. What I'm trying to say here, is that if he left my removals alone, I would just walk into the second round with low units but his deck would've been decimated by then.

I do not like Saskia there too much either. A glorified Aelirenn, excuse my French... :)

Top Bottom