GOTY Edition nex gen upgrade?

+
As the title says, Will my Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition update to nex gen? I ask becasue my current updated version is 1.32.
Notes say the nex gen update will update the game to 4.0? Am I missing somthing. Is the update only for vanilla Witcher 3 Wild Hunt?

All the game versions will receive the update (PC, Playstation, Xbox, day-one game, GOTY, whatever,...)
So you will update your GOTY edition to the version 4.0 from 1.32 :)

I figured it would be something like 1.4 or 2.0 ...... Makes me wonder how many versions they actually made before deciding 4.0 was finally good enough

The Next Gen Update will move your game to Version 4.0 And you should get it soon depending on what platform your using (Steam origin or GoG)

I'm having an issue with this, I have the GOTY edition of the game on PS5, updated to 1.4. I can access new options i.e. the camera options, alternate niilfgaard, alternate dandelion, quick sign-casting etc.

But I cannot seem to access or see any options to do with the new performance modes.
The game is definitely still running at 30fps; it's almost as if I'm running the updated PS4 version on my PS5.
Post automatically merged:

I'm having an issue with this, I have the GOTY edition of the game on PS5, updated to 1.4. I can access new options i.e. the camera options, alternate niilfgaard, alternate dandelion, quick sign-casting etc.

But I cannot seem to access or see any options to do with the new performance modes.
The game is definitely still running at 30fps; it's almost as if I'm running the updated PS4 version on my PS5.
Edit: I meant v 4.00 not 1.4

Hi,

I have The Witcher GOTY Edition on PS4 Disc, installed the game on the PS5, it downloaded a 20 Gig update so it is now version 4, but when I load the game there are no display settings for Ray Tracing or Performance mode in the options, display settings area, it feels I don't have the complete next gen version?, is there something else I need to do?, thank you.

Hi,

I have The Witcher GOTY Edition on PS4 Disc, installed the game on the PS5, it downloaded a 20 Gig update so it is now version 4, but when I load the game there are no display settings for Ray Tracing or Performance mode in the options, display settings area, it feels I don't have the complete next gen version?, is there something else I need to do?, thank you.
Sorry, odd question, but you have two versions of the games installed now ?
PS4 and PS5 should have different SKU, so different game.
If not, check if the PS5 version (different of the PS4 version) is available for free on the store.

Just a guess, but maybe you just updated the PS4 game only (so obviously, no next-gen options available).
It should be like Cyberpunk :

If not, check if the PS5 version (different of the PS4 version) is available for free on the store.

Just a guess, but maybe you just updated the PS4 game only (so obviously, no next-gen options available).
This worked for me.

I found that because I have the GOTY version it caused some complications.
I searched on the store and found that the regular version on Witcher 3 was for sale, which of course I don't want because I own GOTY PS4 edition; However if you click the options button on the PS5 store page of Witcher 3 (the three dots) you can direct yourself to The WItcher 3 - Complete Edition which you can purchase for free if you own GOTY PS4 edition like myself and yes The Complete Edition has an option for a PS4 and PS5 download.

Hope my reply helps.

Thanks

Thanks for replying that suggestion link helped. :)

I did not have two versions of the game installed, I had the PS4 disc version installed on my PS5, and I was under the impression that if you owned the copy for PS4 and it's installed on your PS5 it will be patched to the next gen version like other games have done, not the case here.

When I chose the 'free nextgen upgrade' from the store it was trying to charge me for the game, even though the disc was inserted and game already installed.

So I deleted the PS4 version from the PS5, found the game in my games library, the game had a lock symbol on it, ejected / re-inserted the game disc, the lock symbol was removed and then when I clicked on the game I was given the option to install the PS4 or PS5 version for free now!, so now it's downloading / installing the PS5 version, happy days, thanks again, I hope this helps others also.

Hope my reply helps.
Sure, it would certainely help ;)
Thanks for replying that suggestion link helped. :)
So I deleted the PS4 version from the PS5, found the game in my games library, the game had a lock symbol on it, ejected / re-inserted the game disc, the lock symbol was removed and then when I clicked on the game I was given the option to install the PS4 or PS5 version for free now!, so now it's downloading / installing the PS5 version, happy days, thanks again, I hope this helps others also.
Nice ;)

as long as you have purchased any version of the game, the update will be free im sure

Guest 4670038

All the game versions will receive the update (PC, Playstation, Xbox, day-one game, GOTY, whatever,...)
So you will update your GOTY edition to the version 4.0 from 1.32 :)
Do you know when? It's now noonday on the 14th and I'm still not seeing an upgrade option for ORIGIN. Has it just not dropped yet?

Has anyone gotten RTSS OSD work in Witcher 3 Next Gen?
I know I can delete the d311on12.dll file in the bin folder inside Witcher 3, but I don't know if that breaks anything in terms of graphical settings and visuals.

EDIT: The file can be deleted without issues.

Last edited:
Do you know when? It's now noonday on the 14th and I'm still not seeing an upgrade option for ORIGIN. Has it just not dropped yet?
Origins seem to be a problem... I take a look and The Witcher 3 is even no longer available to purchase (or I didn't see it). So I guess relation between CDPR and EA stopped at some point).
So I suggest to try to contact the CDPR support to keep them aware and maybe have some infos about this issue.
I can't find a category, so at least this one could do the job ("contact us" button).

Wasn't able to get the free upgrade in the on-console PS store, the Complete Edition is all that came up with a price tag. Had to go to the Playstation website, Game Library, and download from there. Hope this helps someone out there.

Guest 4670038

Origins seem to be a problem... I take a look and The Witcher 3 is even no longer available to purchase (or I didn't see it). So I guess relation between CDPR and EA stopped at some point).
So I suggest to try to contact the CDPR support to keep them aware and maybe have some infos about this issue.
I can't find a category, so at least this one could do the job ("contact us" button).
Actually, I think uninstalling then reinstalling via GOG connect did the trick. I haven't launched the game yet, as it is still downloading the dlc, but the added features are showing up in the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE i.e. ULTRA+, FSR etc..

As the title says, Will my Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition update to nex gen? I ask becasue my current updated version is 1.32.
Notes say the nex gen update will update the game to 4.0? Am I missing somthing. Is the update only for vanilla Witcher 3 Wild Hunt?
Actually, I think uninstalling then reinstalling via GOG connect did the trick. I haven't launched the game yet, as it is still downloading the dlc, but the added features are showing up in the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE i.e. ULTRA+, FSR etc..

Never mind. It did not work. Just launched it and it is still at v1.31. Sorry for the false hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom