GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
The premium versions are only for those that have purchased Thronebreaker.
Thanks, that wasn't specified anywhere, was thinking it's a bug or something.
Post automatically merged:

Question about IHUARRAAUQX: twice now the opponent played it on Melee, it Summoned TIBOR for the opponent and GERALT PROFESSIONAL for me both on Melee Row of course.

GERALT PROFESSIONAL didn't do anything even though description says: "Deploy, Melee: Damage an enemy by 3."
Deploy: Trigger this ability when played.

The description indicates that if the card is played it should do something, but being brought in by TIBOR it didn't do anything. Doesn't seem right.
Screenshot (57).png

Post automatically merged:

ASSIRE + ROACH combo: is it normal that you can play Assire on Ranged row, put Roach back in your deck and he immediately popes up on the board? Feels like an explot. Makes Assire a 10 point card with 8 supply cost:
Screenshot (58).png

Last edited:
Question about IHUARRAAUQX: twice now the opponent played it on Melee, it Summoned TIBOR for the opponent and GERALT PROFESSIONAL for me both on Melee Row of course.

GERALT PROFESSIONAL didn't do anything even though description says: "Deploy, Melee: Damage an enemy by 3."
Deploy: Trigger this ability when played.

The description indicates that if the card is played it should do something, but being brought in by TIBOR it didn't do anything. Doesn't seem right.

It's working as intended. See this thread for more info: Summoned Units do not Trigger Their Deploy Ability (e.g. Vilgefortz)

ASSIRE + ROACH combo: is it normal that you can play Assire on Ranged row, put Roach back in your deck and he immediately popes up on the board? Feels like an explot. Makes Assire a 10 point card with 8 supply cost:

A 10 for 8 isn't really that special. The point of the game is to find good combos. Whether or not it's intended, is a different matter. That I am not sure off.

Hi! So in the last developer stream Jason Slama said we would get reward points for our daily rounds won instead of ore. That would make sense as reward points are a very rare thing at the moment. So far, we still get ore. Any words on that?

Hi! So in the last developer stream Jason Slama said we would get reward points for our daily rounds won instead of ore. That would make sense as reward points are a very rare thing at the moment. So far, we still get ore. Any words on that?

You'll get it once you've reached prestige level 4.

A 10 for 8 isn't really that special. The point of the game is to find good combos. Whether or not it's intended, is a different matter. That I am not sure off.
The problem is not the combo but timing of events: ASSIRE on Deploy shuffles a card from graveyard back. Roach is summoned WHEN you play a gold card. At the time Assire shuffled the card back the gold card (Assire) has already been played and Roach shouldn't trigger.
Sure, at the next gold card Roach would show up anyway, but if the player has no more gold cards left Roach should stay put.

Greetings Burza.
First congrads for the great new Gwent and fantastic Thronebreaker.
I love these two new games a loooooot.
Well at the same time I must admit gwent is really unbalanced, not much better than the open PTR.
Yes there are some changes of cost of some op cards, but still, problems exist.

① Bearmaster ( forgive me I forgot the new name), he is incredibly strong even the cost is 6 right now. If used properly, this card could be 10 points or something, much, much higher than the expected 5-8 point for a 6 cost bronze that can be used multiple times. Really hope the cost increases to 7 or 8. On pro ladder there are so many people bringing Xaviers, proving that bearmaster is too good ( sadly ghouls are not usable because of Xaviers. Nerf bearmaster and Xaviers!).

②Artifacts. You probably have known the combo between artifacts and scorch, epidemic, schirru etc... There are decks using so many artifacts, while a normal deck can only destroy 1 or 2 artis. Only decks bring white frost stand a chance. Those decks modify points and kill 20-50 points in one card, with the help of all of the artifacts. And it is incounterable. When the engine starts roaring, nothing stops it. Players see their cards burned in an instant. This is so frustrating. The existence of decks with white frost have already proven that artifact-removal based decks are not healthy. Players need to use extreme methods to counter.
Really hope artifacts damage or boost a random enemy, or the flexibility and potential of artifacts is beyond ones imagination, and limit the design of new cards.

③An artifact: Sihil. It is still so good that if one cannot destroy it, in a long round it is done. LIke the old imlerith, not healthy at all. Set a duration of 6 or something will be much better, at thee same time the cost can be lowered a little bit.

④Golden froth. Well, this card is not that op but still a little bit too strong when facing non-Eithne decks ( god damn Eithne she is dominating the ladder).

I will appreciate if you seriously consider my words. Thanks for your patience.

have you ever considered fixing the issues with unfair deal mechanics?

Go play Magic the Gathering and then come back here. In Homecoming the variance of the draw might have increased a bit, but nowhere near problematic levels. Furthermore, in Homecoming, you now have the possibility to dump "bad" cards in round 1 or 2.

The ability to manage deck were limited horribly comparing to beta (except Skelige discard with Bran). Most of the cards are balanced but not to each other but to their cost. So when we are able to play only 16 to 18 card among our 25 that are chosen in random, then in most cases who win the match is totally random.
For now only arena is worth playing. Is there a chance to reduce RNG in Gwent?

@Burza46 Plz coment this:
GWENT HOMECOMING — AN OPEN LETTER FROM MARCIN IWIŃSKI AND THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Focusing on skill and player agency

We heard you discussing the “Create” mechanic. At first, we thought it would be an interesting addition to the game, but — as time passed — we realized that this form of wide RNG is not something that fits our focus on player skill. We will be extra careful with these types of mechanics in the redesign process. That said, if we manage to find some cards interesting enough to include, but ‘too crazy for Ranked’, they will still have their place in Arena and Casual Mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9smfm9
And 1 more question does Dev team understeand that Homecoming is too random & too inconsistent ?
and what will they do with those problems?

@LemberGG

"Please comment on this" is not a valid question nor is the Ask a Dev thread meant for such things. Furthermore, you are already implying things with your second question, pushing anyone that does what to answer it into a corner. Next time, please think about reformulating your questions. For example: "I think that Homecoming is too random/inconsistent. Is CDPR planning on reducing the randomness [insert an example here to clarify]?"

As for the example you've linked, that's an extreme case taken out of context. I am not saying that RNG is not an issue, but you should look at the average situation, not a Hail Mary.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

Hey people,

First of all, congratulations, cause this is beautiful game, amazing idea and great fun to play!!! However i have a question about game balance. Nilfgaard and Monsters are pretty OP. Well, not maybe OP, but every kid playes them without any thought. They are too easy to play, and they had to many moves to go with random cards. I'm playing Scoia with artefacts. And it's a lot of fun. But only if my deck is good in that particular moment. I'm fresh player, so I need to work on my strategic moves etc. But still...those two are very easy to play. Anyway thank you for that game. I'm waiting for mobile version :D

Just got the new version of Gwent, get confused by the deck building system after the tutorial and deleted my Northern Realms starter pack.....

How Can I reset it or get it back?

Much more confusing than the older version ;/

However i have a question about game balance. Nilfgaard and Monsters are pretty OP. [...]

You actually haven't asked the question, so I've moved the post to the discussion thread. Also, Nilfgaard and Monsters and popular because they are easier to play for beginners, I think. They aren't particular stronger than other factions, though. More importantly, Eithne with artifacts and control is considered one of the strongest decks now.

Just got the new version of Gwent, get confused by the deck building system after the tutorial and deleted my Northern Realms starter pack.....

How Can I reset it or get it back?

Removing a deck cannot be undone. All you can do is recreate it again. I would recommend against it because the starter decks are pretty bad. Just FYI, I've posted the NR starter deck below.
1540938538936.jpeg

Top Bottom