GWENT: Novigrad | Card Reveals Megathread

+
I can feel the Flying Redanian is going to be seen a lot in all Guorun's decks XD

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
That Flying Redanian card can be super powerful. It can be a Roach+Ruehin+Phoenix!

It's 4 pts like Phoenix and Ruehin, but only 10 provisions. It can come from deck, like Roach, or GY, like Ruehin or Cerys.

And can come to board on all rounds, like Phoenix, and all turns, like Ruehin.

Cant be countered by locks, like Ruehin or Cerys, and cant be countered by artefact removal, unlike Phoenix.

Only counters are Seize and Banish... and we'll see how hard it is to fulfill its condition to summon, you can never spend crowns, basically its "hoard mode" all match :shrug:

Or you pile up 9 crowns on the turn before the last and use them all on last turn. But I agree it's not as easy as it may look. Let's see once the whole set of cards is revealed

Text corrections

Day 3

Imke
- Ranged: Every allied turn, on turn end, gain 2 Crowns.

Day 4

The Flying Redenian
- Hoard 9: Every allied turn, on turn end, Summon this unit from your deck or graveyard to a random allied row.

Bincy Blumerholdt
- I think it should be "Ranged: Whenever you gain Crowns, boost self by the amount gained." Similar to Hemdall's format.

Tidecloark Ransackers
- Deathblow: Gain 2 Crowns.

Day 5

Hvitr and Aelydia
- Hoard 6: Damage a unit by 2 instead.

Cleaver
- Order: Play a Special card from your deck with 9 Provision cost or less. This value is raised by 1 for every 2 Crime cards in your starting deck.

Just want consistency :beer:

You guys found the cards already, but let me post them anyway in order to be easily found via redtracker ;)

So here we have cards from Wednesday:

Imke
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Imke.png

Tavern Brawl
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Tavern_Brawl.png

Hammond
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Hammond.png

Tidecloak Hideaway
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Tidecloak_Hideaway.png

Sewer Raiders
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Sewer_Riders.png

Eventide Plunder
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Eventide_Plunder.png

Next batch of reveals!

Novigradian Justice (Syndicate/Scoia'tael)
Card-Reveal-813x813_Card-Reveal_Novigradian_Justice.png

Sir Skewertooth
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Sir_Skewertooth.png

Cleaver's Muscle (Syndicate/Scoia'tael)
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Cleaver_s_Muscle.png

Swindle
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Swindle.png

Coerced Blacksmith
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Coerced_Blacksmith.png

Ferko The Sculptor
Card_Reveal_813x813_Card-Reveal_Ferko_The_Sculptor.png

I really like what I'm seeing so far. 3 archetypes are coming out pretty obviously (crowns, crime, swarm).

Of course, like every expansion of every multiplayer game, it's most probably gonna be super powerful at first but still looks nice

I wonder if Novigradian Justice has the Crime tag as its primary category and if that counts for Dana.

Yes, it's a Crime and counts for Dana.
From SirPumpkn's twitter:

This IS a crime card, which means in a Dana deck it counts as +1, which allows Dana to reach 13. This means Dana can tutor Oak/Gambit. If you boost a dwarf and mulligan it back into the deck, Justice will pull it and create a BASE copy, so no boost on the duplicate.

My biggest question going forward is if the Syndicate will expand to other regions, allowing for cards based on characters outside of Novigrad. For example, the Rats. Maybe they're at least leaving the door open for such possibilities, by not calling the faction "Novigrad" or "Novigrad Syndicate".

They would have to bend the existing lore a little there, but with - hopefully - many years ahead, Gwent will take on a story of its own. I would really like to see small story sequences for each expansion - just a few single-player matches like the tutorial.

Can someone help me figure out what the point is of Novigradian Justice in SC dwarves? I have been trying to make dwarves playable for a long time now in SC and at first glance I was like "hey cool something that might help" and then I looked at provisions and was like "11 provisions for a spawned bronze card?????". Then I thought about it some more and I can't really think of what you would use this for that would be worth that many provisions. I hope I am missing something here.

What about 2 defenders and immediantly boosting them with Brouver or playing a Dennis Cramer with Dana afterwards? Thus you will get 2 engines boosting themselves every turn and it should become pretty hard to stop both of them.

Novigradian Justice, also, works well with Bare Knuckle Brawlers (intimidate). Effectively, you are getting on the board two engines, much like Waters of Brokilon.

Top Bottom