[H]Enthusiast, "The Witcher" and hottest VIDEO CARDS

+
[H]Enthusiast, "The Witcher" and hottest VIDEO CARDS

Sifting through articles that popped up about "The Witcher" recently, I stumbled upon this technical appraisal of how well the game runs on some of the newest video cards. Thought this subforum was most adequate to post this and that you guys (and gals, naturally) may find the article interesting. Enjoy and feel free to comment :D

An interesting article. I finally received my GF 8800GT 512Mb two days ago, and I can definitely confirm the test results. There are only a few differences between their configuration and mine, but I can play the game with a great fluidity. Here are my configs, both software and hardware:Graphic Options:resolution 1440x900 (native resolution for my screen)All options to high, AA 4x AF 8x (haven't tried to push it to 16x yet, might try it later today)Hardware Config:Intel Pentium D Dual Core 3,06GhzAsRock ConRoe45PN-LNvidia GeForce 8800GT 512Mb (differently from the article one, mine has: Core Clock 660 MHz, Shader Clock 1650 MHz, Memory Clock 1900 MHz)2Gb RAM DDR2 (pagefile set to 4Gb)

Ouch, that Pentium D will bottleneck your 8800GT......but 16xAF should be absolutely nothing for an 8800GT (I have one too). AF is done at virtually no performance cost by 8800 series cards.

Top Bottom