Hard on EE completely different from Hard on Regular Witcher?

+
Hard on EE completely different from Hard on Regular Witcher?

A BIG THANKS to the developers for perfecting a masterpiece! And an even bigger thanks for doing this as support for free. This will not go unrecognized and whatever comes as your next product - people will trust in you, me at least, i will.So a question please, to the developers or anybody further down the road with TWEE:Has the balance/difficulty been changed in TWEE? I would particularly like to know if the hard mode has become even a little harder later on in the game (which I hope for)?Thank you in advance for your answers.

Afaik the balancing is more or less the same, though the combat system has changed slightly which may have affected balance to some extent. However, there are several mods out there that increase difficulty (pre EE), but I'm fairly certain that at least my talent point mod works for the EE as well.Hope that helps.

Thank you for the fast answer. So we will have to see which effects the combat system change will bring. Judging from the first few minutes it has a nicer "flow" than before (might be euphoria, too). I will use your talent point mod - I saw it before, but was afraid it would conflict with TWEE. The good thing about it is that it has a stronger effect in the later parts of the game where such an effect is needed the most. Good job there :)As far as the other difficulty mods go (I found two by peter oszyk and cpcmad, please excuse me if I scrambled the names out of my mind a little), I am even more uncertain how they will coexist with TWEE (besides that I like the current run speed of Geralt, more speed would hinder my immersion). I think for the time being I will "just" use hard unmodded difficulty level - and your talent point mod.

Please note that the talent point mod mainly reduces the number of bronze talents you get (post Act I mainly) and somewhat reduces the silver talents. Gold is more or less the same. I'm considering changing that though, but haven't received much feedback :)

Hehe, then I will keep some feedback incoming... prepare for curses when I cant decide how to spend my precious points ;)

It just seems that in some parts the game's a bit more difficult. Am I imagining things? I don't think I am since I got killed at the start of chapter 1 by those Barghets, heh, but thats really the only thing I've noticed different difficulty-wise. Someone mentioned Boss Battles as mroe difficult now too.

I haven't noticed an increase in difficulty. I wish the developers had changed something about that. Drowners and bandits can still be killed with just one sequence, and Group Style is still all-powerful. Barghests may be just a tad more difficult (but not noticeably so), but they're still too easy with Spectre Oil. I think I'm going to look for some mods to rectify that.

Is it just me or is the EE version of the game more balanced to make hard mode hard.or maby i just suck at playing now.

Still think it's rather easy, even on hard. Guess it comes with experience; the only fights that I've had trouble with so far are those in close containments i.e. where you can move as freely and risk getting stuck.The Beast is more balanced for sure: I survived two stuns from it and only killed it not by stunning, but with knock-down (almost impossible before). Still a challenge, but much better so :beer:

sig970 said:
I'm in Chapter III on hard, and it doesn't seem any harder the TW original version did.
I agree. witcher ee doesn't seem to be any harder to vanilla witcher..then again I'm using everything on my advantage that alchemy can offer. I think people may find hard too hard because they don't know how to use oils, bombs and potions correctly. Maybe boss battles have been made harder, but with some tactics you can overcome anything game throws at you..The beast may seem insanely difficult at first, but old tricks still work more or less.How to beat the beast pocketguide.1.. Remember to prepare before the famous beast fight (after having sex with Abigeil that is hehe). So what does preparing mean? Basicly you need to meditate all your poison away and regain full health. It also includes sevaral other factors.a) Make 3 potions: Swallow, blizzard and towny oil. -> Drink swallow and towny oil BEFORE the cutscene. Drink bllizzard when fight begins. .b) Oil your sword with specter oil before the cutscene. You know how to make oils, right? Or atleats you made sure to buy one dose of it from Abigeil? If not.. tough luck.c).Distribute all your extra talents as you see fit. My advice to bump up Aard sign, strenght perks and the extra damage perks of fast and group style.d: (optional) if you still find the fight too hard, you could forge a better sword. No matter the choises you made previously, there are atleast 2 red and 1 blue meteor stones to be found in the first chapter. 2.When the fight begins.First remember to drink the bllizard potion you just made. Then use group style on green doggies. After first wawe you may want to use aard sign on the small flames on the corners as those are spawn points for green doggies.. Also its wise to try keeping abigiel on her feet through the first wawe. Her healing spell is just too good. Also when attacking beast the key thing is to constantly use aard sign and fast style. Don't go crazy with the sword though. one or two strikes, then back away..and when it's health is below 60 there is a chance to stun the beast with Aard sign. We all know what that means..coup de grace!

All you need is a maxed out Aard. Fill all available Bronze Talent slots before facing the Beast.The fight works like this: Fight starts, you charge Aard to the max and release, stunned or knocked down Beast gets killed by a single blow. Easy.Personally I won't use Igni this time through the game, which so far made my life in certain situations noticeably harder.

The only thing that i have found to be more really difficult. is the Dice playing. Before i really had no problem, but now i get out diced very easily and have resorted to saving each game before a match. :beer:

Dezer said:
1.. Remember to prepare before the famous beast fight (after having sex with Abigeil that is hehe). So what does preparing mean? Basicly you need to meditate all your poison away and regain full health. It also includes sevaral other factors.a) Make 3 potions: Swallow, blizzard and towny oil. -> Drink swallow and towny oil BEFORE the cutscene. Drink bllizzard when fight begins. .b) Oil your sword with specter oil before the cutscene. You know how to make oils, right? Or atleats you made sure to buy one dose of it from Abigeil? If not.. tough luck.c).Distribute all your extra talents as you see fit. My advice to bump up Aard sign, strenght perks and the extra damage perks of fast and group style.d: (optional) if you still find the fight too hard, you could forge a better sword. No matter the choises you made previously, there are atleast 2 red and 1 blue meteor stones to be found in the first chapter.
Just remember that the clock automatically turns to midnight when you leave the cave, so make sure you drink your potions just before that. Rest till 23:00 if you have to. And now in EE, I did just fine with Swallow, Tawny & Specter Oil.

Hi!I am getting the EE version today, and I've waited all this time to finally play the game. I just wanted to know what the overall consensus was. Should I play on Medium or Hard? I like a challenge but not a super ridiculous hard where you no longer are enjoying the game and story but doing the same parts over and over a million times. I don't want to be challenged to the point of ruining the game flow and story but I don't want a cakewalk either. For example if a game has 4 levels of difficulty I usually choose the 3rd. With only 3 usually on hard but it varies game to game. Thanks for any advice! :)

For me, Hard is Easy, and I'm no hardcore player. ;) You'll most likely run into a few minor difficulties in Chapter I, but after that everything will become too easy as you level up. I'll even recommend you, in addition to playing on Hard, that you download some mods that add even more difficulty. :)

Hard is... well hard.IF your new to the game, if you dont know full and well how to develop a charecter, if you have difficulty with alchemy you will find hard to be very frustrating.Espically at certain points in the game... the Beast for instance.Even at 'medinum' the game can present a challange.

I am totally new to the game but of course not new to CRPG or gaming at all. I don't mind a couple hard parts or fights but I don't want to be stuck for ever in one spot, I don't have a ton of time to game these days, so I want to enjoy the time I do have. That said I don't want a shallow experience either, perhaps Medium is best?

Hmm, the Beast is hard on Hard, but that's about the only point in the game where you might be stuck. Is it worth selecting Medium and not having any challenge throughout the game because of that? I didn't know you were new to the game; I thought you'd played it before EE. If you're not yet familiar with the game mechanic, then I guess Medium would be the best for you. It was for me.

Top Bottom