Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+

rrc

Forum veteran
It swaps a card from my GY with a card in their hand, not RNG but choice. So it is double annoying. With oneiro it would be even more annoying. After Vilge: R , my oneiro is in their hand. I won't be getting it back. That's not even close to squirrel. What about yeet? You won't like playing against NG with yeet and oneiro anymore. Devotion?
Yes, that is pretty annoying if the opponent steals Heatwave and use it against you by swapping it with a 4P card. They gain effectively 6 provisions worth with that swap. But in that case Vilge still plays for 6 for 13 and gaining some value from the provision difference between the cards swapped. Stealing Oneiro is also annoying, but NG hardly needs more consistency. NG is the most consistent faction in the game where they can play all the cards they want. If their purpose is to stop you from using Oneiro, it is still a big price they are paying with 13P. Heatwave? They already have YenInvo, Vincent, Vilge (the other Vilge) etc.

I am not supporting NG. I hate these "skilful deck manipulation" thingy (clog and mill). But I don't see this card as a big threat or more annoying than Hyperthin playing for 45+ points in 3 cards in short R3, or Snowdrop+Leader for 3 million points.
Post automatically merged:

It swaps a card from my GY with a card in their hand, not RNG but choice. So it is double annoying. With oneiro it would be even more annoying. After Vilge: R , my oneiro is in their hand. I won't be getting it back. That's not even close to squirrel. What about yeet? You won't like playing against NG with yeet and oneiro anymore. Devotion?
BTW, for the first season, I am anyhow not playing Oneiro/Heatwave as I will want to get to know Torque and become best friends with him :p

Vilgefortz Renegade:

For me he is a very match-up dependent card. His value certainly depends on whether your opponent plays a use his own graveyard strategy. Most value he will get by stealing Melussine.

The main drawbacks are the following:
1. Probably you want to put Vyper into your opponent´s graveyard. This you want to do most probably in round 1, but there is a low probabilty that you find valuable targets there.
2. Value of the cards in the graveyard are matchup dependent for obvious reasons.
3. Maybe you only have cards in hand you do not want to swap if you have him

The most comparable card is Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream. Of course you can argue that you pay 1 provision more for 6 body and no provision limit. But, from my perspective, Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream is completely overpriced and only sees competitive play within Crow Messenger.

Evaluation: I would give him a 4 out of 10. The combo with Vyper can be funny and you can really fuck your opponent in specific match ups. But 13 provisions are way too expensive to justify playing this very match up dependent cards. Maybe other synergising cards can help.

I suspect there will be some new card that needs to be in the opponent's graveyard to work. Vypper already exists, sure, but who says there can't be something else as well. :p
Yes, that's my bet as well, so not only you steal an important graveyard unit, you also plant the whatever upcoming new garbage card in their gy, which then causes even more grief.

Vilgefortz Renegade:

For me he is a very match-up dependent card. His value certainly depends on whether your opponent plays a use his own graveyard strategy. Most value he will get by stealing Melussine.

The main drawbacks are the following:
1. Probably you want to put Vyper into your opponent´s graveyard. This you want to do most probably in round 1, but there is a low probabilty that you find valuable targets there.
2. Value of the cards in the graveyard are matchup dependent for obvious reasons.
3. Maybe you only have cards in hand you do not want to swap if you have him

The most comparable card is Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream. Of course you can argue that you pay 1 provision more for 6 body and no provision limit. But, from my perspective, Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream is completely overpriced and only sees competitive play within Crow Messenger.

Evaluation: I would give him a 4 out of 10. The combo with Vyper can be funny and you can really fuck your opponent in specific match ups. But 13 provisions are way too expensive to justify playing this very match up dependent cards. Maybe other synergising cards can help.
Regarding the comparison to Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream I would add that Vilgefortz playing the card takes 2 turns, rather than just 1, with 1 turn being a 6 point play (+ whatever you "discard") and the other turn being the card from the opponent's graveyard, so without cards that synergize of being placed in the opponent's graveyard he is a 1p more expensive Blue Dream, which forces you to play a card for the value of a 4p card during the other turn.

waiting till card release
And moooooooooooonths till patch?

Or longer -> Tunnel Drill?

But you're right of course. Last patch i also whined and was wrong about some most of my whining after the patch dropped.
Post automatically merged:

Talking about me whining: i thought i bought Vilgefortz leader skin, but now it appears not so! Booooh!

Last edited:
There were no soldiers in Thanned coup? I'm doing right waiting for a little support to this archetype? Because it's a coup!

There were no soldiers in Thanned coup? I'm doing right waiting for a little support to this archetype? Because it's a coup!
Apparently a coup only with mages. I'm pretty sure (and hope) that soldiers is the archetype that will be supported next. Rhetz de Mellis-Stoke, Braibant, Muir Moss, Renuald, Morteisen.... so many Nilfgaardians that still aren't in the game.

I wish for some cards that benefits from having a huge army, like Ard Feainn Crossbowman do. Maybe something that get boost from other units armor, or a soldier that did something similar to Boatbuilders.

rrc

Forum veteran
Seems like an amazing card!! I don't know how many Heatwave/Oneiro NG can get with the new Vilgefortz:R and with this card. So, any special card the opponent plays is now NG's card. At least it is not as toxic as Alchemist by stealing the card, but rather use a copy of the card. This needs to be drawn in R1 or R2 for full potential. In R3, may be only with certain cards or speciflc leader it can be useful. Either way, it is also an engine!

I think this card will definitely see play and pushing Assimilate even stronger.

Oh, it will definitely see play. A 5 for 5 Assimilate engine alone is pretty nice, and this one has a potentially extremely powerful Order ability on top of that.

It might even see a ton of play, especially if even one of the remaining two cards has synergy with it.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Regarding Imperial Practicioner:

Although this type of design is interesting, its very problematic.
For example Viper Witcher Alchemist is one of the most hated cards on the past 2-3 months, and there's been a huge outcry for it to be reworked, not just nerfed. And still nothing has been done in that case.
Terranova is a an expensive gold, that create equally expensive golds for huge value, not to mention the assimilate value.

Now this new NG bronze, someone on reddit already figured out a way to create a ton of NG balls for yourself for the following rounds. This is clearly something the devs didnt predict in its design, and the cards was revealed a few hours and this strategy for multiple scenarios was already discovered, and we all know how scenarios were so problematic which - after many months of suffering - lead to them getting doomed status to prevent multiple scenarios, with very RNG esque exceptions.

Either devs will change the card before release or i see an hotfix shortly after.

rrc

Forum veteran
Regarding Imperial Practicioner:

Although this type of design is interesting, its very problematic.
For example Viper Witcher Alchemist is one of the most hated cards on the past 2-3 months, and there's been a huge outcry for it to be reworked, not just nerfed. And still nothing has been done in that case.
Terranova is a an expensive gold, that create equally expensive golds for huge value, not to mention the assimilate value.

Now this new NG bronze, someone on reddit already figured out a way to create a ton of NG balls for yourself for the following rounds. This is clearly something the devs didnt predict in its design, and the cards was revealed a few hours and this strategy for multiple scenarios was already discovered, and we all know how scenarios were so problematic which - after many months of suffering - lead to them getting doomed status to prevent multiple scenarios, with very RNG esque exceptions.

Either devs will change the card before release or i see an hotfix shortly after.
How would it help getting a scenario? Heatwave the Scenario will not put it in GY, right? Can you please explain the hypothesis? Sorry, I don't visit reddit.

Top Bottom