Haven't been able to play since launch. Crashes on startup.

+
Haven't been able to play since launch. Crashes on startup.

Hello,

I hope that someone can help me as I'm going crazy here. I've searched for solutions high and low with no success.

The symptom of my problem is that when I start the game the screen goes black and I get "The Witcher 3 has stopped working" and offers to close it. I purchased the game on steam, but I'm 99% sure that it's not a Steam issue, but a problem with drivers or something like that. Here's what I have tried so far:

1. Installed latest version of .NET and Microsoft Visal C ++
2. Tried both the latest version of Nvidia drivers and also downgraded it to an older version
3. Made sure I have the latest version of DirectX
4. Re-installed the game and also verified the game cache
5. Made sure that I have the latest Windows 7 updates
6. Updating up to 1.04
7. Removing GeForce experience.

Here are my specs:
i5 - 4590 3.30GHz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 760
64bit Windows 7

After posting this on the Steam forum it appears that I am not alone with this problem. I feel that I have done everything I could to help myself with this problem so now I hope that I can get some assistance. I really love the Witcher series and I think they were really high quality games so it was a massive disappointment for me that a week after buying the game I'm still unable to play it.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance!

Hello,

I hope that someone can help me as I'm going crazy here. I've searched for solutions high and low with no success.

The symptom of my problem is that when I start the game the screen goes black and I get "The Witcher 3 has stopped working" and offers to close it. I purchased the game on steam, but I'm 99% sure that it's not a Steam issue, but a problem with drivers or something like that. Here's what I have tried so far:

1. Installed latest version of .NET and Microsoft Visal C ++
2. Tried both the latest version of Nvidia drivers and also downgraded it to an older version
3. Made sure I have the latest version of DirectX
4. Re-installed the game and also verified the game cache
5. Made sure that I have the latest Windows 7 updates
6. Updating up to 1.04
7. Removing GeForce experience.

Here are my specs:
i5 - 4590 3.30GHz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 760
64bit Windows 7

After posting this on the Steam forum it appears that I am not alone with this problem. I feel that I have done everything I could to help myself with this problem so now I hope that I can get some assistance. I really love the Witcher series and I think they were really high quality games so it was a massive disappointment for me that a week after buying the game I'm still unable to play it.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance!

There's a few threads like this so you're not alone. Same thing happens to me also, game won't boot, unless I 'force warp' the dxcpl.exe file, and then it's a slide show in there.

I did take a look and found a thread suggesting using dxcpl which worked, but as some people commented the lag is legendary making it impossible to play.

Top Bottom