HELP Witcher 3 Failed To Launch

+
Since 2 weeks ago, sometimes when i tried launching witcher 3 from steam (click play), the game sometimes won't start (silent hang maybe?), and also no wicther 3 proscess in task manager. Before there was no problem at all, could launch normally without internet connection. At first after 60 hrs of play this issue start appearing, but now, it's much frequent every (8-10 hrs)

Does anybody encounter this problem?

I know my spec is not too good, more like "servicable", playing at 20-25 fps. (i5 8250U, NVIDIA 940MX, 12GB RAM)

But this is the first time i encountered this issue.

In the past , i had no problem whatsoever when tried to run the game, almost no crash (exept when fast travel from vizima to velen, only happened twice)

Already tried recomended steps : updating display driver, reinsall C++, verify ingerity files via steam, reinstalling the game and still encounter this issue

Sry for bad english

Edit: after hard restart (some how if this issues happened, after close steam after failed to launch the game, when tried to shutdown my laptop, it instantly goes into shutting down loop), the game manged to get working again, then after 8-10 hours, the issue is happening again

Last edited:
From steam, but if failed to launch from steam, then when i tried to launch it via game .exe same thing happened

haven't tried to launch the game from direct .exe

Edit : is it possible some cloud problem (my saves are usually stored in the steam cloud) so when there are no conection (unstable) it made the game failed to launch?

Edit : is it possible some cloud problem (my saves are usually stored in the steam cloud) so when there are no conection (unstable) it made the game failed to launch?
When it happen, you could try to disconnect your PC from the net, launch Steam in offline mode and try to launch the game (but I doubt it will change anything).
You can also check if there is exceptions for the game (and its folders) in your antivirus (or add them if there are not)

Top Bottom