help with 4k studdering and freezing at 1080p

+
help with 4k studdering and freezing at 1080p

Hi, i have been trying to play the game in 4k but it's almost unplayable because of the studdering. I wouldn't say it's lagging but just not smooth at all. l set my desktop to 1920x1080 and it was smooth but freezes now and it didn't freeze any while at 3840x2160 just like a jittering. My system specs are:
4th Gen core i7 4770k
8 gb of 2400mhz ram
Asrock fatality z87 killer mother board
2 Nvidia gtx 970's in sli
Sony xbr55x850b 55" 4k tv

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I do not think they have support at 4k. SLI has been performing badly just like crossfire. I couldn't do it with crossfire r9 295x2. ( so you might gett better performance off one card, but might not be a problem)

For 1080P. Make sure you run fullscreen
Turn FPS to unlimited,
Turn off hairworks.
if your GPU is overcloked, overpower it ( people havve had power issues with the card)
turn off any FPS overlays you are using

could you give me more details about when it is freezing in 1080? is it in the very beginning, in inventory, so i can help determine where the issue might lay. Just saying it freezes it could be a lot of things.

I guess you have the latest Nvidia drivers?

I'm not really sure if SLI 970's are meant to handle 4k gaming properly, what settings are you running at and what framerate are you expecting to get?

Thanks for the replies but I got it working great now. I just had to turn down some of the settings but didn't hurt the quality of the game one bit. I have been playing for 8 hours now with only one freeze. Love the game and it looks beautiful :)

Top Bottom