How do you plan to play 'V'?

+

What role(s) will your 'V' have?

• Total voters
Could someone just quickly sum up what each of these are, because the names doesn't really tell a lot, like for instance Warrior, Mage and rogue does? :D

Solo- The combat role, in 2077 they will likely have all the shooty shooty bang bang skills as well as more agile and stealth related skills

Netrunner- The hacker role, they will involve jacking your brain into computers, people and who knows what else.

Techie- The engineer role, they will likely involve maintaining and upgrading technology as well as probably having some form of crafting.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be some skills from each tree that will be so useful you shouldn't pass on them, but my plan right now is to lean heavily toward Netrunning & Solo with maybe the occasional "can't miss" Techie ability thrown in.

I voted Netrunner/Solo for being closest.

Solo and Techie elements will likely be covered to a notable level. How much is left for Netrunner things, time will tell.

Can't decide yet - too few details and too much absent opportunities. So... As intuitively as possible at first and see where it takes me along the way.

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

I don't know what the abilities for each class are.

But probably solo/techie because I never liked hacking.

In fact I don't even like the internet, I just use it because I got thrown off GlasNet.

This is why hacking can be cool, from Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex. Both are expert hand to hand combatants, but Batou's more rigged for carnage with his hands and cyberbody. They are also good friends.

Ah, I laugh every time.

Don't &*^% with the Major, kids.

Depends on how the game feels, in all honesty. I personally could go 100% techie or netrunner, but Skyrim spoiled me with its freeform class system and ability to go jack-of-all-trades. Same reason why I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut more than the original game: with the addition of New Game Plus, you could play a specific build during your first run and then go back and keep adding onto your body to eventually max everything out. That added far more replayability to the game than simply starting from scratch each and every time if you wanted to go down a slightly different path. So it really depends on how the game is constructed, how linear it actually is despite the open world, and the opportunities each class brings.

I am always for NG+ to be added to games so when you play a certain way at start, you don't have to do everything from level 1 again, which would turn people off and instead start with a high level character stated a different way. As for your choices, there really is not enough info to judge what will be good or not. My style would lean toward a pure netrunner, but it depends on how netrunning is, if it is fun then definitely, but if it is not fun, I will probably lean toward techie and then solo.

As for classes, I actually prefer them, although I like the job system more than a fixed class system like in some PRG. The problem with a classless system is that you become a jack of all trades with nothing really defining about you. I love skyrim, but just playing for a few days and I am already a knife wielding ninja wizard who throws fireballs, reanimates the undead, snipes people with arrows, summons monsters, fights with a sword, and brews potions and blacksmith on the side and that is usually at the early stages, later my character becomes even more broken. Just for the RPG elements, I like having some restrictions on roles so you are forced to play a certain way and then when you start a new game you can play a different way and and have a different experience.

I mentioned the job system in RPG's which is cool. They are like classes, but you can change them during the gameplay. So you will have a job like a wizard, soldier, healer, archer...etc. And as you play them, the character levels up that particular job you are equipped with and if you want to level up the other job you need to switch job. Whatever job you are equipped with, you are restricted to that role and its abilities, although certain skills will be shared among the jobs so when it levels up in one, it will be shared. I though that was pretty neat. So you are restricted to a type of play, but those moments where you might need a different type of character, you can switch to it and use it.

Dunno what those roles are , so...I'm going to chrome on cyber to the teeths , hack everything I can and shoot everyone between the eye! wait..they have sniper rifle right ? lol

Just reading the forums and articles, I am guessing you cannot be a regular human being. I was just wondering if you could choose not to mod yourself; but that would make the game boring or super hard. Is that why you can't be a normal human? Just a thought; I could see if given the choice to be a normal human, would be like those movies where you are a traditionalist who doesn't believe in augments and mods so he's got to solve things very differently. I am assuming you can't . Just curious if it is possible or not considered that cyber-psychosis is in the lore and if you over augment yourself can you fall to cyber psychosis or not?

There was the one recent interview with a couple of the CDPR people, one was quest designer, and the other I can't remember off of the top of my head. But they did say that there are at least a couple cyber implants that you are required to get to advance the story. So I imagine the rest are up to you if you're wanting to play a minimal cyberware character. Pretty sure it's been mentioned in other places that you can't overdo the cyberware to the point of cyber psychosis, since that would break the story, which makes sense.

I think, this is a unique game, I won't be forced to be good to get the good ending or be bad to get the bad ending. in this game we can do almost anything and it will have totally different outcomes, I will do what I find the most fun or interetingt or what I'm more curious about,
V is intelligent and badass, we'll see...

Now this is extremely important, that there are totaly different outcomes, it increases replayability greatly.
Be sure that I will try to use the arm blades as often as I can!

Top Bottom