How i have to create a dialog for a NPG?

+
How i have to create a dialog for a NPG?

I've a problem to create a Dialog for a Quest, to asseign in a NPG.After i create a dialog, i don't find it in a list.How can i do? ???

I've got a similar problem. The dialog doesn't appear in the list when i make a quest....

sometimes, it's just a matter of saving everything, closing and then reopening D'Jinni ... otherwise, wait for the more experienced modders, like Ailinon :)

I think you have done already, but maybe not ::)you must set the dialog as quest, not normal dialog...http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_conversationsEdit 1: Mmmm, but i see the conv-type is quest... strange. it works not much in my mod, but this is working...Edit 2: But maybe you set not the whole dialog as quest, only parts... ok - im out of ideas :)

The thing is: The description of Quests in the Djinni Wiki does NOT work correctly!!There is a quest tutorial from Vaernus somewhere in the Wiki, you have to use "hidden" journal entrys for quests. A tutorial from my team is in work, but it will take a while (a longer while), because it is really much stuff, that has to be corrected. There are several things that are not working like described in the Wiki.@Bruchido and Vinzenzo N:If you need a tutorial on this quest thingy, I can write you a short one and place it on my homepage, if necessary.

@Hexenmeister Raven The thing is: The description of Quests in the Djinni Wiki does NOT work correctly!!
But the tut in the german handbook works fine and i see not realy a difference to the wiki... but anyway,nice to have more tutorials...

we have not been able to make our quests work using the basic quest tutorial (i don't know, maybe what we want to do is too complex ?)but using global flags and hidden journal entries does work for us, we we've stuck to that rather than beating our heads against a brick wall :)

I would have preferred to use the D'Jinni quest system (because my quests are quite simple..) instead of making scripts...edit:
But maybe you set not the whole dialog as quest, only parts... ok - im out of ideas Smiley
Yes... that was the problem. Because i had some lines of conversation that has nothing to do with the quest so i tought i could choose "Dialog" and select "Quest" only for the lines of the quest...Ok... problem solved thx! :D

the flags and JE method is not nearly as complicated as it might seem ... basically, for any "event" in our mod that impacts the plot or dialogue, we define both a global dialog flag and create a hidden journal entry. Then when we need to do something that is impacted by that event, we can choose whichever of those "flags" is more appropriate to achieve what we want.obviously it's easier to manage dialogue with dialogue-specific flags, but sometimes the impact is more far-reaching and in those cases, hidden journal entries provide more flexibility :)

I have a new question concerning dialogs: i want a dialog node to appear only when it's rayning so i put this script ...
Code:
int StartingConditional(){object oPC= GetPCSpeaker();object oArea = GetArea(oPC);if (GetCurrentWeather(oArea)==WEATHER_RAIN){return TRUE;}else return FALSE;}
here in condition script
but i dunno why it's not working..here is the module http://digilander.libero.it/succopera86/rkm.adv

Hmm... i am not sure, but try the following (it is nearly the same, but who knows):int StartingConditional(){object oPC= GetPCSpeaker();object oArea = GetArea(oPC); if (GetCurrentWeather(oArea)==WEATHER_RAIN) {

Top Bottom