How to change Toxicity of Potions

+
How to change Toxicity of Potions

You can change the toxicity of potion by hex editing the it_potion00x.ncs file. It is compiled, by you can look for the value and change it. simple hex value.Look at two that are over powered in game. Swallow and Tanny Owl. These both cause toxic from 15 to 20 random for each and is considered medium.Look inside file using a hex editor almost at the bottom below Toxin string is a value 0F = 15. I changed for Swallow to 20 (14 hex), and Tanny Owl to 30 (1E hex). Swallow is potion 004 and Owl is 003. Maybe a nice mod to incourage better potion making for the good effects of Albedo and Rubedo, and Nigerado is to make the most useful potions more toxic to use, complicating things. Here is a start. Just place in you data folder. That file also contains the time length of potion as noted by another poster in this forum, and follows his example.Remove the txt extension to use leaving just the .ncs.

Well, I already do all potions in albedo if I can, except one in Nigredo and one in Rubedo. I have to, I've set difficulty a bit high, I guess, need more balance.

It appears Albedo subtracts 20 off all potions drank (including the first one) for the one hour it last. If you drank a Cat potion, it does not even register any more toxic since it is

Yes I know, I did already thought about somethink like this. Like a single use potion needed to kill the Striga, or other kind of boss like her. Even for trophies boss, why not. Hard to do before the official SDK, indeed.

Top Bottom