How to earn money/get filthy rich?

+
How to earn money/get filthy rich?

Hi, I'm at chapter III and still broke. I would love to buy another armor for geralt, but I'm about 4500 bucks away from it. What is a fast (and fun) way of earning money?Anachronist

I realise you're further into the game than Act I, but, in my experience so far, selling excess ingredients earns quite a lot of money. Abigail pays 20 orins and 15 orins respectively for two very easy to come by ingredients (forgot which ones, but i had dozens of them without trying). I made well over 1000 orins from her alone in Act I, which is a lot at that stage. I wouldn't be surprised if there are disporportionately valuable ingredients in later parts of the game as well...

I'm still in Act 1 and have around 3k, most books I've found in the houses, and got information by talking to npcs, and one book from a drunk at the inn so I gather I've saved maybe 1k already. :pMost money came from quests, trophies, fist fights, poker games and random npcs walking around at night outside as well as the bhargest skulls which sell for 5 each thats 50 per 10 you kill. But I'm a packrat so I save every ingredient, book, and other items and dump it in the storage. I'm thinking perhaps making potions and selling em could be a viable option or maybe not since just the alcohol costs 20-50gold each. I guess poker games is the way to go since you could be pulling in around 300 orin pots per game if you're lucky and you can play the same people over and over after awhile since they get their money back eventually ...

Selling Incredients does provide a lot of money income. I use got the Int 4 - Double Incredients Skills.. and going down into the serwers, hunting drowned... well.. each of them does drop like 3-4 parts... they close in on my in packs of 5 to 6 drowned... gets me a stack full of them in one tour through the serwers... whenever i need to go from merchant square to temple street... i take the serwers or graveyard (Graveyard by night, serwers by day)... one tour there and back.. gets like 100 Gold each time, not counting gambling (always highest bids) and barfights.. along with picking up food and drinks, selling them to bars.. collecting ressources in the swamp... So far i read all the books (bought and resold), got the 5k Armor.. carry the wards (against drowned and such) and have a nice supply of potions by collecting like everything.Also nice are Ghost Oil potions.. need 3 incredients (easy to come by).. sell for 20 a piece. (Only get profit if you found the base for the potion as well.. otherwise the cheapest base costs 20 too)Once you got like everything... the cash flows... :D

Fistfights are easy and in act II, you get 50 gold per fight.But i dropped a habit of saying hi to Thaler and that dwarf in the inn, Mungo something, play a game with each and win. Just remember- always place the highest bets. If your opponent raises, rise even more. The max amount in game to me so far (chapter III) was with van Werde, over 1200 in a game.

Found a nice little bug to make money in act IV, in town visited blacksmith checked out what he could make then worked my way through house as normal looking for bits, got to the sisters house forget the name but in a wardrobe or copboard i found all the swords the blacksmith could make and they never ran out as i looted them dropped them, so sold a few

You can play poker with Thaler. He never runs out of money, you can play with him forever, and starting bet for each game is 110. So you'll get atleast 110 orens per game.Even if you happen to lose, he'll have more money to bet, and next game you win you get 240 orens... so you can never really lose ever.

In act 3 theres a dwarf who sells you books. Sell them back to him for more than what you paid for thats what i do.

Make money by playing poker dice...just keep going back to them.. I've played hundered of games now and I've only lost VERY few.. the opponent usually ends up breaking his own winning hand, lol.I've never had to worry about cash.

There's another infinite money bug in Act 3.If you've got some read meteorite, go to the workshop in the Merchant Quarter, and give it to the alchemist there. In return, he'll give you a book worth 40 orens. Thing is, every time you initiate conversation with him after that, he'll give you another copy of the book. You can pretty much do this for as long as you want, but if you leave the building you'll need more red meteorite if you want to do it again. I did it enough to be able to afford the 5k armour...

poker dice here for me too, i normally win, but on the rare occasion i go on a losing streak i can always reload the save game i made just before i started playing..had an insane match with that de wett guy the other day, he kept raising until the pot had over 2k in it, (i had 2 pairs and he needed 1 good roll for a high straight) he rolled and ended up with 1 pair, that's my biggest win.i've currently got around 7k and that's mainly from doing all the side quests. 1000 for opening the tower for kalkstein, 400 for saving some people in the cemetery, 150-250 for various ingredient quests, it all adds up pretty quickly.. I actually went kinda broke at the end of act II from paying for the storm and various books, then buying a rune sword, i actually ended up with less than 1k, but have built it all back up nice and fast i'm currently trying to decide whether or not to buy that 5k armour..

There's a way to make some cash, but you need to be EXTRA patient to reap any benefits.Save -ALL- food you find in act II, I litteraly mean anything thats edible.Go to the gardener. Ask him about his mercenery days, give him something to eat, ask for roses in return.You can turn food worth 1 oren to roses worth 6 oren. Thing is you have to do this a gazilion times before you can find yourself with enough money heh.

I play dice, too... Used to carry everything to a shop and sell it, but noticed that it was a waste of time and effort. Even beginner dice gives you 200-400 gold each time you play without losing. Bid high, and raise as much as you can. The dice AI seems a bit dumb, often when the opponent has a better hand after first roll, they end up botching it. Maybe the AI gets better at professional stages. I'm still playing beginner.

Uhm.. i'm guessing things might change later on in the game, but so far I've only at about 1/2 in act 1, with yet to do the cave beneath the walls quest, the crypt quest and have just gotten Odo and that merchant dudes trust. I've roughly played about 5-6 hours and yesterday I was up at almost 1K orrens. Then I bought some books and stuff, and lost everything else to Odo in poker. Had 6 orren left. i went back to the Inn and did a FEW rounds of poker with Zoltan and that other gambler in there and am now at about 700 orrens again. So I can't really understand money being a problem so far in this game..:p- Zoink

got to agree with the rest, fisfights and poker make easy money, and you hardly loose in either never lost fistfights, 3 in poker so far). thing I found is the opponent in poker tends to roll his own pairs away making you get an easy win, just bit as high as you can and keep raising if you can, good for a 400+ orens a game (highest so far for me was 1021 from thalar)also going into every house and looting everything you can, won't give you so much money but good for 20+ orens aswell, if your not lazy also go to the blacksmith and sell weapons (not your witcher blades ofc :D) as allot of houses got daggers too which sell for 40 orens or more

I had 5K going into act 2... If you ruin your hand the dumb poker AI will up the anti and then just beat him when you reroll for a hell of alot more than usual. I had a couple 900+ games off odo and haren in act 1.Also look in houses, some of them have books so you don't hafta waste money on them.

I'd say dice poker is by far the best way to get money. I'm in act II and so far I have about 12000 orens, at least 8000 of which is from dice poker I ruined a quest and had to re-start, lost me about 4 hours of game time and 6000 orens, I kept exiting and re-entering the in to play munro and gained it back in about an hour. Just save every time before you play, that way if you lose, you can reload. Though if you don't reload, you will find the more you lose, the higher the opponent you lost to will bet, so often the first time you win against the oponnent you were losing to, you will win it all back, plus some.

Top Bottom