How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
Dudes! Chill! They didn't have to give this to us for free in the first place. Has the word "grateful" left everyone's vocab?

Eriash said:
Please keep in mind how big traffic we are dealing with right now.
Why didn't you spread the files to other mirrors? Downloading about 1.5 GB (patch + language file) with only 30 kb/s (or even slower) is really annoying ::) :dead:

Well, the downloading isn't going fast, but anyway, a big hug to CD Projekt for giving away this addon for free. I really like you guys!

MrSnoot said:
MrSnoot said:
Please keep in mind how big traffic we are dealing with right now.
Why didn't you spread the files to other mirrors? Downloading about 1.5 GB (patch + language file) with only 30 kb/s (or even slower) is really annoying ::) :dead:
That was our completely conscious decision. We are supporting sciagnij.pl cause we are sure that you will not download spam ware, viruses troyans etcetera from it.We can’t give Enhanced to some plaguing mirror.Of course you can download the game from other sources – but then it’s your own decisionBests

Bukload said:
Well, the downloading isn't going fast, but anyway, a big hug to CD Projekt for giving away this addon for free. I really like you guys!
Thank you for the kind words - we need them today :)

Check the tech section (first entry now) or the fan news (my entry) I am downloading with LeechGet for an hour only and it's still going to be finished yetrunning most of the time at 100 - 200 Kb/s , timewise it runs with up to 700 Kb/s

Well I'd like to thank u for all your efforts, rare in this day and age. I have no problem waiting for however long the download takes, and just glad there are still developers out there who care about the consumer. I look forward to playing the new version of this great game.

We are here for you and we are really doing all we can to make it more smooth and fast.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16830.new#new - Hexenmeister Raven did some nice suggestions here.I dont take resposibility for it but maybe it will help ?

Actually I wouldn't say they are giving it for free but instead I'd say they are lending it for free. If - or should I say when - CDProjekt goes down, we won't have any servers to authenticate hence we cannot install the 1.4 patch. I understand that CDProjekt wants to make sure that only people who own the game are allowed to play it but requiring an internet connection to play is not the right way, imo.

"How to get the EE-patch super easy" is a bit exagerated, isn't it? I like the idea and the design of this website and thanks for the free upgrade and all the good work of course, but downloading problems like we have at the moment are well known actually. A torrent or few mirrors of the good stuff would be appropriate and could help a lot, thanks. At the moment I see no big sense in trying to get large files like that at one overloaded and thus unstable tube. I am gonna check back tomorrow or this evening. Oh well... :'(

Fearlessjay said:
Well I'd like to thank u for all your efforts, rare in this day and age. I have no problem waiting for however long the download takes, and just glad there are still developers out there who care about the consumer. I look forward to playing the new version of this great game.
Quoted for truth! You guys are awesome! :beer:

Eriash said:
We are here for you and we are really doing all we can to make it more smooth and fast.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16830.new#new - Hexenmeister Raven did some nice suggestions here.I dont take resposibility for it but maybe it will help ?
Stay cool, Eriash... everything I do will always work ;)Well, my download is finished, completely... ;D without stress :whistle:

I'm not allowed to do this... if I were allowed to, I wouldn't have enough space on my website.... sorry. ;)Try LeechGet, it works fine.

Top Bottom