How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
I for myself have downloaded the german language, english (UK) language and the 1GB enhanced patch, and I haven't tried to install yet, becase of the server registration problems, but mine should work and shoul be uncensored.But I don't know, what is with the US version of language pack, maybe those censored thing comes with this language pack? I don't know, sorry.But there was something to get the EE also uncensored like the original 1.3 game, but I can't find it... with the uncut mod it should work...EDIT: here it is, what I meanthttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16536.msg390814#msg390814

Exactly Umgee!Hey Hex,I decided to go with your advice of using LeechGet 2007.I am trying to follow your advice but what do I put when ask for "number of tasks" ? Already pointed to the url and selected where to install it ....now I am just stuck here.

my question is, is the Enhanced Version Unrated? ie: the US version was rated 18, while the UK version was unrated...language, nudity etc.....what is the rating for the Enhanced edition and is the US different from the UK? thanks,.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
I for myself have downloaded the german language, english (UK) language and the 1GB enhanced patch, and I haven't tried to install yet, becase of the server registration problems, but mine should work and shoul be uncensored.But I don't know, what is with the US version of language pack, maybe those censored thing comes with this language pack? I don't know, sorry.But there was something to get the EE also uncensored like the original 1.3 game, but I can't find it... with the uncut mod it should work...EDIT: here it is, what I meanthttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16536.msg390814#msg390814
i read the u.s version censored nudity also, so those differences would be in the patch, which is why it's not compatible.

@slasher:number of tasks- is the number of splits that LeechGet will make, choose 5 and it will download five pieces of the download (internal), then click ok and wait til finished

@Umgee:The patch itself is for all languages/countrys the same, so it can't be in there... for my logic... it must be in the original and the files will stay while patching to EE or it must come with the language packs. ;) but I'm not sure about this, it's only my womens logic.... :pEDIT: UUps: posted two times, hope no moderator sees this

Hex,Holy poop on a stick (why can't I swear, the witcher is a M rated game so the board should be M rated as well...but don't want to be banned so playing it safe)IT WORKS...Downloading appears to be fine using my new friend of LeechGet.Thank you so very much Hex...first time I ever wrote on a message board and just greatfull I had some one that did not hesitate to respond and help me with this!Thanks again Hex....OHH and how your cat doing?

@UmgeeSince I have about 50% left in my download let me tell you exactly what different about the US and UK version.First off I am in the US and did by the UK version because I hate the censore crap here in the US and wanted to play how the developers intended (but I did add...lets say more mature patches I found elseware :)But anyway I digress. The UK version does show nudity on the cards and the Female Dryiad are completly nude along with the female vampires. I stoped playing once I heard of EE so been away from the game for a while and got to act 3 I beleive so there may be more nudity (heard somewhere that the water nyph are nude as well)...but lets get this straight the nudity is not just placed there....well maybe the cards are....but if you watch certain movies the female vampires are usual very sexual and provacative to lure the victims in and I believe original dryiads where nude because they where from the pure earth so they stayed pure and free which is why the they are nude.I do recomend getting the UK version if they are the same price. (got my from newegg.com) But if UK version is more money then it your choice:)Hope that helped :)

ZeroPhoenix said:
:(Nothing's ever easy is it?Here's my problem.While installing the mega patch, I get an error during the actualization process, after I've validated I have a game, etc.Error (111)C:\\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\fx00.bfWhat the heck do I do now?It forced me to reinstall the witcher, and did the same thing over again.
Kinda posted during a busy streak. Can anyone help me out?I've had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times now over this stupid bug. I redownloaded the patch from 3 different sites now, and EVERY single one of them has given me the same result.

Download now but seem like only one download source and download is SOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOW! (avg 15kb/sec)Need more download sources!

Sorry mate, but there are a lot more serious issues in the world today than mild bad language. AND I AM BEING VERY SERIOUS. No problems with CDP - but how frustrating was the EE patch. In the end I gave up and have brought the retail version.

@ Marvinsam I do understand how frustrating its trust me mate we are all doing ower best here to help Ive been trying to DL it all day with no luck for I know everyone want the EE today

Здравствуйте.Я никак не могу зарегистрировать игру.Прошел по ссылке активации, полученной в письме - попал на форум.На сайт не могу войти, используя IE7, хотя вхожу при использовании Firefox.Требует разрешить Cookie. У меня всё разрешено.Как зарегистрировать игру?Help me! Please!!

Guys I am really surprised everyone is complaining how slow it is.I came back from work, and I thought the servers would be saturated, and it would take me forever.BUT....I have all the files. I got the update and the language pack in about 3-4 hours !! I used FlashGet, I don't know if it helped.For the upgrade I got a speed of 100 to 120 Kb/s.For my language pack, I'd sat 60 to 100 Kb/s.I will now install. Cant wait. The only reason that had kept me from replaying the game, was that I felt I had spent 40% of the time staring at loading screens.I sure hope loading time have been reduced by at least 60%.

Gaudin said:
Здравствуйте.Я никак не могу зарегистрировать игру.Прошел по ссылке активации, полученной в письме - попал на форум.На сайт не могу войти, используя IE7, хотя вхожу при использовании Firefox.Требует разрешить Cookie. У меня всё разрешено.Как зарегистрировать игру?Help me! Please!!
MOD Translate Hello.I did not register a game.Link has been activated, received a letter - came to the forum.At the site can not enter, using IE7, although I go when using Firefox.Requires permit Cookie. I have all allowed.How to register the game?----------------------------------------------------------------You will need to go to this link for help go to the In-game Tech part of the forum and plz try to use english for help ues a Translator if need be MOD Translate Вам нужно будет перейти на эту ссылку за помощью к игре In-техническая часть форума и plz пытаются использовать английский язык за помощью ues Переводчик в случае необходимости

Thanks to the developers who put the time into all of this.I have one question that could probably solve most of the people's problems and questions.I am from the US, and don't know if I need to download both the English Language Pack and the TWEE patch. Do I need to download them both? If I do, is there any particular order to install them in? Please reply as fast as you can, I'm almost done, just bought this game, addicted to it, and love it! Again, thanks for your support and developing an amazing RPG

Well, OK, I downloaded the files 3 times today. Everything downloaded just fine every time. After verifying my game was a registered copy, and beginning the install I get:Feature Transfer ErrorFeature: CensoredFile:Error: Catastrophic FailureReally don't understand this, as I have the original USA version of the game and have only patched to version 1.2. Haven't done anything wierd, so I truly don't get what's going on.Can anyone explain or help, please?

@ChargedI was successfull at this so let me help you (i not a mod just a user)You have to do the EE patch first THEN the language pack.

Top Bottom