How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
slasher1313 said:
@ChargedI was successfull at this so let me help you (i not a mod just a user)You have to do the EE patch first THEN the language pack.
thanks man, I appreciate the help.

I can't start the game I keep getting this error:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fpls help I spent all day downloading the patch and I want to be able to play

andromada said:
I can't start the game I keep getting this error:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fpls help I spent all day downloading the patch and I want to be able to play
Have you downloaded the patch from the official location? If not, that'd be your problem. Also, YOU MUST have Administrator privileges. You may also have a corrupt download, try downloading again, or try to be sure the CHECKSUM is identical to the original file.

I just got it downloaded (EE) and when it checks to see if the game was registered I get a error message "The romote name can not be resolved: 'secure.thewitcher.com' " Though I have checked my profile and I am indeed registered..any thoughts?

So I do have to register in order to install Enhanced Edition? Or can I install it without registering, I don't have CD key, I bought it in Canada like last year and I see it has no CD key. Can some one help me get one so I can register?

I dont know about you guys, but I am literally tearing off my freaking hair trying to install the patch.I did it once... everything went fine and then I was asked to wait while the files are modified - can take up to 2 hours.My PC stopped responding, and it completely screwed up the whole thing. I tried to rerun the upgrade, but it wouldnt let me anymore.Had to uninstall the game completely, and reinstall it.Tried to upgrade again, but this time I cant connect to the server to verify my version is registered - it did the first time with no issue.Now it gives meUNABLE TO CONNECT TO REMOTE SERVERBeen trying to install for 3 hours. I give up for today. Totally disgusted.Anyone else experiencing horrible lengths while trying to upgrade?Huh? Is it even normal it takes several minutes for the application to start after I double clicked the Upgrade.exe??

PaulKearsy said:
So I do have to register in order to install Enhanced Edition? Or can I install it without registering, I don't have CD key, I bought it in Canada like last year and I see it has no CD key. Can some one help me get one so I can register?
Yeah, right. 99.9% of the time, you can't buy a used PC game with a key. I suggest you actually go out and buy the game.

andromada said:
The mss32.dll issue is most likely sound related (Audigy? EAX?)Try disabling hardware acceleration in your sound drivers, or see this thread:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.0

ch4rg3d said:
ch4rg3d said:
Yeah, right. 99.9% of the time, you can't buy a used PC game with a key. I suggest you actually go out and buy the game.
I did Buy the game, I actually have the box, It's just for some reason in Canada the game Never came with a CD key which i need.

This is the worst download/ update experience I've ever had. EVER! Why you couldn't have had this done by an in-game update feature is beyond me and really betrays the so-called "enhancements" you've made.

PaulKearsy said:
Most of us Canadians didn't get a CD key with our purchase, you have to contact ATARI Support on ATARI's Website so that they send you one by e-mail. I did this right away when I purchased it last year and got a CD KEY in my e-mail the next day I send my request to them. Hope that helpsSully

LordSullivan said:
LordSullivan said:
Most of us Canadians didn't get a CD key with our purchase, you have to contact ATARI Support on ATARI's Website so that they send you one by e-mail. I did this right away when I purchased it last year and got a CD KEY in my e-mail the next day I send my request to them. Hope that helpsSully
Thanks That solve pretty much my two problems :p

i got problem in getting the patch. i had downloaded the patch and the language pack but when i tried to launch it, i was told to register which i did mths ago when i purchase the older the witcher. also another error is language file not found. what's the actual problem???*sob* ???

BigHeadDog said:
i got problem in getting the patch. i had downloaded the patch and the language pack but when i tried to launch it, i was told to register which i did mths ago when i purchase the older the witcher. also another error is language file not found. what's the actual problem???*sob* ???
1. Yes, verification of your registration is required. You don't have the 'game owner' icon on this forum, which means that your registration isn't stored here (see http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/). If it was, entering your forum name and password would be enough to verify your key.2. When you install the game, make sure all the files you want to install (patch, language files and (optional) the additional adventures) are in the same directory. When the list of options appears, unselect everything that you don't have (only keep the language file that you actually have, selected). That should do the trick.

ok, I've read all posts here, allow me to make a few points;1. towards the devs; do not feel bad about all the "hate" posts, it is just a normal reaction of people totally hooked in the game, so it is actually a good thing (and guys, we hate you for not having TW2 ready yet, so there is no logic in it and hence don't feel bad, we deeply love you for the game really ;))2. I unistalled the game, installed it again and it seems the game is registered... so no problem there3. I have no idea about computers man and programming and I can't understand s#it of what you all guys have been talking about, so "should I try dowloading the patch now, or wait a few days till you have fixed everything? Is there a chance I can dl it now?thanx, I can't wait playing the ee version

Cheiron said:
Cheiron said:
1. Yes, verification of your registration is required. You don't have the 'game owner' icon on this forum, which means that your registration isn't stored here (see http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/). If it was, entering your forum name and password would be enough to verify your key.2. When you install the game, make sure all the files you want to install (patch, language files and (optional) the additional adventures) are in the same directory. When the list of options appears, unselect everything that you don't have (only keep the language file that you actually have, selected). That should do the trick.
does able to log into this forum means that i am registered? i tried to reg at the reg lik but was told that i reg already, which amazes me. how to see that the witcher game is linked to my account???

ScoiataelDNL said:
ok, I've read all posts here, allow me to make a few points;2. I unistalled the game, installed it again and it seems the game is registered... so no problem there
You have the game owner icon, so just keep your forum username and password at hand when you install the game, and everything should be fine (well, assuming the verification server isn't overloaded. If it is, just try again in 15 minutes or so)
ScoiataelDNL said:
3. I have no idea about computers man and programming and I can't understand s#it of what you all guys have been talking about, so "should I try dowloading the patch now, or wait a few days till you have fixed everything? Is there a chance I can dl it now?thanx, I can't wait playing the ee version
Considering the large amount of people who downloaded the game, it's no wonder that a small (verbal) percentage has problems. Downloading was a bit slow for me, but installation went smooth, and believe me, EE is really worth all the effort and time!Well, you've read the thread, so you probably know this already, but I'll try to summarize:I've read a lot of the posts as well, and I have the impression that the problems are mostly related toa) Not being able to download from the Polish site (see below)b) Not being able to install the game (most common cause: either incomplete downloads, or not having all the files in one directory)b) Not having your registration key, which is required for installation (as I said at [2], you should be fine here)c) Not being able to run the game (most common cause: an Audigy or EAX soundcard... disable hardware acceleration or see the thread about the topic to fix this issue)Now, regarding downloading and installation, just follow the instructions at http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.htmlThe only change from that FAQ that I can recommend, is that you download the patch (and if you have the UK or US version of the game, the English language pack) from a mirror site like fileshack.com, instead of from the Polish site. The Polish site is a bit overloaded with all the attention it gets (or at least it was yesterday), so the mirrors are a lot faster. It only took me 20 minutes to download both files from fileshack. And use a good download manager that is able to resume broken downloads (like FlashGet - http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm ). You don't have to know a lot about computers to be able to use it, and it saves a lot of stress if your 1.1GB download stops at 90%, because it will just resume the download, instead of having to start from 0 again.Hope that helps

Top Bottom