How We Do Things

+
But still, it only goes to prove my point. Wars got a point there. (Not that i want my punishment to be increased or anything.. :D ) When i insulted i got 10 days, when he did (i read his posts, he really didn't) he got 6 months and a ban, how do you explain that?

Not discussing that . But I will review it .

She used to be a she, but now she's a he? I guess that answers the question of what kind of doctor she is, at least.
I think Warzy missed the memo on that. Oh yeah, I'm calling him Warzy now because we're cool like that.

With this anagram generator I found online, I'll bestow upon all of ye nicknames of mighty lulz.

Yeah that's nifty. You know what else is nifty, 227 is the area code for the country Niger, so from now we should just call you Phone. Yup, now we know who was Phone.

Aw, isn't that nice, Warzy and Phoney ^^

Edit: I have no more thoughts on this thread topic Wait...nope, nothing.

Forum veteran
Thats Mr. Thew Arse to you... Mr. Twotwo Seven...
That's Señor Dos-Veintisiete, actually. With the R rolled unnecessarily.

Aw, isn't that nice, Warzy and Phoney ^^
Phone is a stupid nickname, so don't expect it to receive a warm reception. No one will ever call me that. Also, how dare you speak to me in such a tone?

Wow, phone puns are really hard. By the way, your anagram: Cram Thrash Fled

Just a quick question, why don't you read his arguments in this topic, about why his ban was unjust and do something about it? I mean i believe he said everything there is to say about the matter. (If there is anything more to say about it, i really don't want to hear it. This is getting old and tiresome and quickly.) I'm starting to get the feeling, even if he was right, which i'm not saying he is, you guys wouldn't correct that mistake. You guys don't seem to go beyond covering eachothers... backs.

And by the way, you are one of the moderators i like. Not bossy, power mad or annoying. Like some of the... other moderators here.

I was not party to whatever got Warsend banned, I don't know how long he got banned. I do know he is posting now, and I didn't notice his absence at all... so I am assuming it was a ban of maybe 24 hours, or that the ban was rescinded altogether... I don't know, I am late to the party on this.

I am curious however, how many of the other bannings you think were overzealous? Should the obvious trolls who were banned be allowed to return? How bout the guy who kept advocating rape dungeons as a romance option? They are the only ones I know of who have been permanently banned, and even they were given multiple warnings and temp bans before they were shut out completely. The mods here don;t ban lightly, even when they would be fully justified in doing so. And when they do ban someone, or issue an infraction, there is usually a history behind it beyong the one post that gets the button pushed on it.

...Kiss ass.

Whatever man, yeah, I consider the mods here cool, because I have been to forums where the nonsense is allowed to run rampant, and I have been to forums where you can get banned for the most bullshit reasons imaginable. I also consider the mods here friends, even if I do not always agree with their opinions. DB especially because not only is she one of the most even tempered mods I have known on any forum, but because she is also a prolific poster with a dearth of interesting things to say.

I MISS RAPE DUNGEON GUY!

I think. Which one was he?

The guy I -really- miss is the one who did the stream-of-consciousness writing while pretty obviously stoned? He only posted a half dozen times but every time was genius.

Does anyone else find Tom-Tom's avatar intimidating? I kind of want to stop breathing when I see it. ...and then start breathing again. Screw you.

The guy I -really- miss is the one who did the stream-of-consciousness writing while pretty obviously stoned? He only posted a half dozen times but every time was genius.

He was good, wasn't he? I vaguely remember seeing him around not long ago.

I was not party to whatever got Warsend banned, I don't know how long he got banned. I do know he is posting now, and I didn't notice his absence at all... so I am assuming it was a ban of maybe 24 hours, or that the ban was rescinded altogether... I don't know, I am late to the party on this.

I am curious however, how many of the other bannings you think were overzealous? Should the obvious trolls who were banned be allowed to return? How bout the guy who kept advocating rape dungeons as a romance option? They are the only ones I know of who have been permanently banned, and even they were given multiple warnings and temp bans before they were shut out completely. The mods here don;t ban lightly, even when they would be fully justified in doing so. And when they do ban someone, or issue an infraction, there is usually a history behind it beyong the one post that gets the button pushed on it.

Whatever man, yeah, I consider the mods here cool, because I have been to forums where the nonsense is allowed to run rampant, and I have been to forums where you can get banned for the most bullshit reasons imaginable. I also consider the mods here friends, even if I do not always agree with their opinions. DB especially because not only is she one of the most even tempered mods I have known on any forum, but because she is also a prolific poster with a dearth of interesting things to say.

I don't know how long he got banned. But i'm sure his ban didn't got rescinded since he seemed upset about it. By the way, do you notice his absence normally? :D And as i stated, this is not about him. I wouldn't know about the guy who advocated rape dungeons or any other guy for that matter since i haven't been around that long. I was annoyed by the behavior of a single moderator. Apparently i'm not allowed to say which one. I stated why and which one before, if you wish to know why do i say all this, read my previous posts. I don't want to get a second infraction. My main point was justice, it wasn't just bans. (And threatening people because you don't like what they say. Again only a single moderator does this.) Anyway, one of my points was that, if you read it, me getting an infraction of 10 days while Wars gets an infraction of 6 months and gets banned for doing a similar thing to what i did. (What he said wasn't even as bad as the thing i've said.) What did he do? Did he ask for rape dungeons as well? (Again, not that i want my punishment to be increased :D ) I mean, they could have given him one or the other, why both? Why for 6 months? Also, the thing he got those two for is really... well, not a good reason to say the least. I have already read it. I'm just lacking other examples to give, but like i've said, i haven't been around for that long. That is if i'm even allowed to give those examples if i had them.

And what history are we talking about here, can you elaborate?

I wouldn't get hung up on kiss ass thing, since it was a joke. Sorry if i offended you.

Are you guys gonna keep this up until i start to hate my name? Can't you please stop? Please? Or at least stop using my name, how about that?

Oh,we notice when Wars is gone. We totally notice. It's so much..quieter. I can hear my endless ranting again.

I'm kind of interested in why you would expect anything like justice on a private forum? Or even public forum? Justice is generally the concern of governments and philosophy. Very few of us provide justice in our homes or at our work. Even the form of justice is pretty debatable. Justice for whom? And with what end?

The purpose of a forum is communication, but here only for those who have computer access, can read and type English, navigate the internet, successfully execute the sign-up procedure and comply with the rules you agreed to while signing up.

Not sure what part of that would imply a just or even fair venue.

Once here, you have to abide by the rules, enforced at will by volunteer adminstrators for a corporate entity and aimed at supporting their goals, not yours. Try posting cat-pics in the FAQ thread, for example. All this so we can have a free, ( financially) forum to fuel drool over a game we have yet to buy.

And make fun of Wisdom, Flash, Redge, Chris, Slim,Wars, Schiff, Dec, Chris, 228, Smily, Oedo, Gregski, Dino, Spider, Chris, Gord, brain12, Dragon, and Dragon and whoever else posts here more twice. But, mostly Chris.

Are you guys gonna keep this up until i start to hate my name? Can't you please stop? Please? Or at least stop using my name, how about that?

But this isn't about you! Fine, i will not use your name anymore. Happy?

Oh,we notice when Wars is gone. We totally notice. It's so much..quieter. I can hear my endless ranting again.

I'm kind of interested in why you would expect anything like justice on a private forum? Or even public forum? Justice is generally the concern of governments and philosophy. Very few of us provide justice in our homes or at our work. Even the form of justice is pretty debatable. Justice for whom? And with what end?

The purpose of a forum is communication, but here only for those who have computer access, can read and type English, navigate the internet, successfully execute the sign-up procedure and comply with the rules you agreed to while signing up.

Not sure what part of that would imply a just or even fair venue.

Once here, you have to abide by the rules, enforced at will by volunteer adminstrators for a corporate entity and aimed at supporting their goals, not yours. Try posting cat-pics in the FAQ thread, for example. All this so we can have a free, ( financially) forum to fuel drool over a game we have yet to buy.

And make fun of Wisdom, Flash, Redge, Chris, Slim,Wars, Schiff, Dec, Chris, 228, Smily, Oedo, Gregski, Dino, Spider, Chris, Gord, brain12, Dragon, and Dragon and whoever else posts here more twice. But, mostly Chris.

But the justice is important EVERYWHERE! Even in Sardland! (Where there is only justice for Sards... Many Sards... So many!) You sometimes make my head hurt. Tactical head hurt i call it.

You have to post cat-pics in the FAQ thread, for example. I love cat pics. LOVE CAT PICS!

Dear Sard, as i read your post, a great sadness takes over me... I would like to be there to stop the silence from taking over your mind once again, but sadly i'm unable to do so. I'm reading your post from afar.. I hear you hear those ranting voices again... Which can only mean you stopped taking your medication again.. A shame.. At least you have cat pictures that you love...... Please give a few coppers to the messenger that gives you this message.. Yeah.

I knew you would notice me when i'm gone! You missed me right... Hah!... Wait... say what? :D

Also, that's long list of people to make fun of man.. How do you keep track of it all?

And even though I think it's just a bit heathen that none of the mods are familiar with the game this is based on, I think they do a fantastic job, and are in fact at the moment my favorite mods of any forum I visit.

so is that to say you don't like yourself, or you just don't visit your own forum any more?
http://datafortress2020forums.110mb.com/

the planets must have aligned because as of this moment it is not going down like a 2 euro vamp :p

Phone is a stupid nickname, so don't expect it to receive a warm reception. No one will ever call me that. Also, how dare you speak to me in such a tone?

Wow, phone puns are really hard.

You just can't seem to get a hang of these puns, they're just not ringing with you- I think it's better if you just hold off on them, lest you come off as phony.

By the way, your anagram: Cram Thrash Fled

Yup, sounds like a typical weekend night.

@ people: I say we engage in some merry making and put this behind us; let's hope for the best in the future, I'm sure everyone has learned something from this incident, so continuing on is counterproductive.

so is that to say you don't like yourself, or you just don't visit your own forum any more?
http://datafortress2020forums.110mb.com/

the planets must have aligned because as of this moment it is not going down like a 2 euro vamp :p

Nobody visits my forums any more... It doesn't help that they were down for over a year, but even before that no one visits them, and I am such a shitty Mod that I blocked new users from signing up, because for every user that signed up I got 200 spambot accounts trying to sell shoes and boner meds...

What's with all this arguing in this thread? Its a user vs mod war in here. Im sure am late for the party. What happened in here? And why should I be made fun of Sardukhar? Anyway I have a question for the mods. What is considered inappropriate in the forums when it comes to lanquage and posting? Cursing doesn't seem like a problem but I want to be sure.

I don't know how things work around here, but on MMO-Champion they have a fairly decent infraction/banning system; when you get infracted, you get something like 5 points. I'm assuming you can also get more, depending on the severity of the infraction, but the "normal" infraction is 5 points. The infractions have a date when they expire, and once they have expired, they no longer exist in any form, at least in any form that matters as far as banning goes. They usually expire in a couple weeks to a couple months or so, although more severe infractions can last longer. I'm not sure there even are permanent infractions. Once they expire, there's no record of them.

If you accumulate 15 points, as in three existing 5-point infractions, or one or two more severe ones, you get banned. The ban is then again in effect for a couple of months or so, and once it expires, there's no record of it. So, if you get infracted, regardless of how unjust it was, there's no permanent record of it. You can swallow your pride, wait for it to expire, and have tabula rasa again.

I'm not saying you need to copy that system, but I personally like the fact there's nothing permanent over there, and things don't last unnecessarily long. I know this wouldn't necessarily do anything to help a situation where someone thinks they got infracted unjustly if they can't drop it, but it's easier to drop it if there's no record of anything. Just saying. :cool:

What's with all this arguing in this thread? Its a user vs mod war in here. Im sure am late for the party. What happened in here? And why should I be made fun of Sardukhar? Anyway I have a question for the mods. What is considered inappropriate in the forums when it comes to lanquage and posting? Cursing doesn't seem like a problem but I want to be sure.

Cursing isn't explicitly forbidden, but we'll probably step and ask for it to be toned down if it's excessive or if it's aimed at another user rather than just general curses. So "Fuck it" would probably be ignored, but "Fuck off" wouldn't.

I think this is a throw-back to the Witcher forums when people realised that having a curse filter was limiting people's ability to have "My favourite quotes from the game" threads.

And I don't think there's any rule against making fun of Sard.

Top Bottom