"I got cyberpunked.. "

+
Suburo Arasaka an old man was seen in 2023 as well as in 2077. How thats possible being already an old man in 2023 is still live in 2077.

They explained that very well. You have to read the discs laying around.

----

Btw, could it possibly be that the silence was caused by guys having Christmas with their families?
The game is a very good one on PC ... I wouldn't have nightmares if I were them.
Only fear would be to get bought by EA ...

Regards

Their silence makes me think they learned a valuable lesson about over-hyping their ability to deliver on a project which had a scope that was undeliverable on the majority of hardware.

We will get what they give us as they come to better grips with the hardware they have to work with. All of the issues that they are having would have been caught by a third party QA company had COVID-19 not completely prevented that process from occurring. Those companies test A LOT of hardware configs so would have noted the serious issues on low-end hardware. A lot of gamers, especially on PC and last gen consoles, haven't yet come to grips with the fact that their hardware isn't going to measure up to most new graphics demands thanks to the 20XX series of Nvidia gpus and later. The GTX 1080ti is now on the low-end of medium tier gaming rigs. There isn't a great deal of optimization that is going to deliver amazing visuals to those systems. The PS4/Xbone base systems are both now medium tier laptops in terms of gaming performance. They would have to rip out the entire lighting system and reimplement better rasterized lighting to massively increase visual fidelity on those platforms and older cards. It won't happen, their deal with Nvidia will actively prevent it from occurring (there is a reason there is a Nvidia RTX logo in the opening scrawl).

Realistically this game only released because there was no third party QA telling them to chill the fuck out and finish their game.

As for rolling in their money, nah, half to three quarters of them are sitting at home stressed about whether they will have a job this time next year, and probably tormenting themselves while reading our threads. Their dev's aren't talking to us because they are with their families, and because engaging with us is a terrible idea for the devs themselves. Management has indicated a desire to fix the game, what that means is anyone's guess at this point, but it is confirmed to including making it playable, not pretty but playable, on last gen consoles. Then we will have bug fixes, more patching, minor content patches, balance patches and so forth and so on.

I highly doubt that they will release a roadmap, because their roadmap depends entirely on the amount of performance they can squeeze out of the older toasters half of us are running (games unplayable on my 2 year old, $3k gaming laptop for instance and compared to my desktop that thing is a fucking toaster). Folks need to keep in mind that performance is what is going to be the primary limiting factor on what additional features are implemented. Half the bugs we see in game are related to the performance of our systems. This includes when the physics engine breaks for some folks, as I have yet to see it happen in my game, where as some other games have multiple flying cars in the same area.

Exactly! Excellent post.

The game was on its way to being one of the best games ever created up until 2018 when Keanu Reeves got involved. Then some genius over at CDPR decided to scrap everything and build the game around Johnny Silverhand. Now we have what we have. A mediocre boring game with some of the weakest RPG mechanics/features I have ever seen and a big beautiful world that feels dead. So disappointing.
I think you can mark the downfall a little before even that, the game started its downward spiral in 2016 when Adam Badowski took over and started demanding changes senior devs were against which caused them to leave.
Post automatically merged:

Naaaah man, you got 'No Maned Skied'. :V
I hope I get No Man Skyed when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077.

Suburo Arasaka an old man was seen in 2023 as well as in 2077. How thats possible being already an old man in 2023 is still live in 2077.
Johnny's arm in 2023 is the same tech we see all around 2077. Probably more expensive and not common in 2023. But Saburo probably already had implants in his body. Real answer. They didn't want to model a younger looking Saburo. So they just use the regular model. He even wears the same clothing.

Johnny's arm in 2023 is the same tech we see all around 2077. Probably more expensive and not common in 2023. But Saburo probably already had implants in his body. Real answer. They didn't want to model a younger looking Saburo. So they just use the regular model.

That's factually wrong.

Saburo was born in 1919. By 2023 he's already a hundred years old. He looks old because by the time they could get him to live forever, he was already an old man. It's information you can find in the game :shrug:

Tech can extend your life, it can't rejuvenate you.

That's factually wrong.

Saburo was born in 1919. By 2023 he's already a hundred years old. He looks old because by the time they could get him to live forever, he was already an old man. It's information you can find in the game :shrug:

It's still the same model. They didn't try to have two different variants. Also, the tech can't extend the body forever. But they can't swap out his entire face, to look younger? The girl in the ripperdoc. Who had her jaw off. Has a seamless face. It's just inconsistencies.

In a french 1995 dice and paper rpg, you could. This was called "to be leonized".
I don't know if the idea was stolen from CP2020 or from a movie like Soylent Green or something.

Anyway does he looks like a 97 yo something man ? Or she as a 77 yo something old woman ?
(and yes, no, yes, no, yes *erase V's memories*)

There is a huge timegap issue here. The whole samurai band in 77 looks like they are in their early fifties when some of them should be like 15-25 yo in 2003-2008.

Maybe the game is not set in 2077 ? And V is really cyberpsycho ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom