I Have had enough ! NG HAS TO GET SOME HARDER CARDS!

+
There is a reason why there is NO cards in gwent bronze that AUTO 2 damage every turn for 5 provision.
Cards that do 2 damage per turn exist with order, has lots of ways to counter it, and cost more provision.
Having armor as a requirement for 2 auto damage and giving 4 charges to give 2 units armor... basically negates this one condition.

NG atm as I have pointed out even before the recent (quite...stupid patch frankly speaking) had too much control, flexibility, point slam, destroy/poison cards for low provision. Look at Yennifer invocation for example.
[...]
I am sure they have good intentions and want to make the game better, although I am not sure if they actually want to balance the game.
But the results are the same. The game is in worse shape now than ever before imo because of the recent changes. Good intentions does not always translate to good results, and the devs for a bit has been producing very questionable patches.

I will provide reasoning so it does not seem like just toxic complaint.
1. Look at the Renfri update that took them 1 month to nerf it and "balance" it.
Renfri almost had an unanimous "CRY" from the community as too powerful, and it really didn't take much thought to notice that. [...] It should have never been released in that state and the nerf that follows (which took too long) proved that they had severe oversight.

2. The recent NG patch.
They reworked many NG solider Cards. Which is a good thing. But they needed to hotpatch it after 2 weeks when they found out it was just... too broken. Yes it is good they hotpatched it, but lets all just take a minute to think about this. Should it have been released in the first place?
Them fixing it hotpatch by a degree of almost 40% of a couple of soldier cards they reworked, by reducing the deploy damage from 2->1, by reducing Power from 5->3, are examples of their lack of care of quality control before release of patches.

3. They are killing their own previous hard worked decks.
After 2 seasons, the deck inflation and their inability to balance rest of the cards will make current patches obsolete.
These new overpowered cards they are releasing leads to only a few decks being able to stand against them. All of the old decks they have worked hard to create are now obsolete. Example: I don't see the witcher decks anymore, their provisions have become.. "outdated." Not all decks have to stay alive, yes there will be new meta every season. But they seem to force people to play cards with their new ones... or enjoy losing.

After watching the last season of Game of Thrones, and the Season 4 of Ozarks.
[...]
This season is like the last season of GoT. Like the last season of Ozarks. [...]

There is a saying, that water that stays in one place, rots. I hope we get this water flowing again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood why people rant so much with this, like its much different in any other card game...

I'm pretty sure the developers test their product, to some extent at least, but since the pool of cards is increasing patch after patch, it certainly becomes more and more difficult to test every possible outcome. Therefore, the majority of testing is done by their player base, which is not surprising at all.

This is extremely common these days in on-line platforms and not just the card games...

I have never found bronze cards that play for solid value to be problematic in the game. Bronze, 5-provision cards that play for 10 to 12 points are definitely disproportionate to other bronze cards — but not to many golds we accept as “fun”.

The real problem with certain bronzes (whether NG or any other faction) is the cards that play for highly variable amounts (5 to 30+ points) depending purely upon random factors (like draw sequence, or particular matchups — especially those that auto win against opponents with soundly designed decks).

The NG bronze against which there should be an outcry is none of the new soldiers. Nor is it the old favorite target, Blightmaker. The only real problem that has caught my attention is Imperial Practicioner. This card (with Operator and Renegade) is the epitome of binary — on a good draw (admittedly a very erratic draw), the deck can only be defeated by opposing decks with enormous, usually anti-synergistic, levels of removal.

So, not only is the deck highly binary, it promotes poor quality of play and highly uninteractive play styles that are not fun to encounter. For a long time, I blamed OP gold targets (e.g. Mushy Truffle or Renfri), but with the new Tibor (a very reasonable card when there is only one copy), I have realized that the problem is Practitioner. And it could be easily fixed by copying the top card from the opponent’s original deck in the opponent’s current graveyard.

I have no objection to OP garbage jammed in a player’s deck being used against them; I do object to a player being able to inject OP garbage into an opponent’s deck so they can target it for use against the opponent — and this is what Practitioner allows.

Last edited:
I never understood why people rant so much with this, like its much different in any other card game...

I'm pretty sure the developers test their product, to some extent at least, but since the pool of cards is increasing patch after patch, it certainly becomes more and more difficult to test every possible outcome. Therefore, the majority of testing is done by their player base, which is not surprising at all.

This is extremely common these days in on-line platforms and not just the card games...
So because it is typical, lets just accept it?
One thing is power creep, but they just need to test the content a little bit more before release.
The meta results will do the rest.

Last edited:
So because it is typical, lets just accept it?
One thing is power creep, but they just need to test the content a little bit more before release.
The meta results will do the rest.
Typical, or not, players can demand justice all they want, but it won't change anything. So, why bother?

Right now pointslam with control beats everything. Even SC with infamous scenario relies on Milva-poison-package for control and Simlas for pointslam.
Not to mention most boring (yet still tier-1) deck you can imagine - Renfri-Triss-Locks. And this works mainly due to OP bronzes like slavedriver, nausicaa or spotters.
Slavedriver is a total pain... break the complete restriction of the game of having two copies of the same effect.

Top Bottom