I kinda hate how easy driving has gotten

+
I have been playing this game since release and I never truly understood the criticism that car handling got.

I kinda liked that when driving those high end vehicles took some time to move forward due to friction when wheels spun so fast, the amount of uncontrollable power.

When cars were so easily to flip around and came with penalty with having to abandon turned vehicle.

Yeah that handling was pretty abysmal in few car types, especially the one with big glass roof, but most cars handled pretty ok, and that was for PC controls.

Maybe it's just me but I kinda miss that inability to control inertia in tight turns and actually HAVING TO SLOW DOWN in turns, rather than I guess most playera pretending to this amazing driver that can do no wrong and be constantly surprised that they are unable to control the vehicle.

Now I was just trying to flip a car (van) over in a tight turn and I wasn't able to. I think handling might have become even too easy, considering you can already flip car over.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe there could be movable slider to return the car physics back to what they were? Or maybe it could be too much work...

I kind of like it, kind of don't - some cars don't feel like they are on ice anymore but some definitely feel worse

I agree some cars were (some still are) floaty, as if you can keep turning the body of the car while the movement still stays going straight forward. I think that's in need of being fixed still.

But I'm talking about how its now near impossible to even intentionally to flip a car around. If you drive 100mph with van and make a tight turn in full speed I think it's be at least interesting to watch out for car flipping, especially when being chased.

Maybe my memory is wrong here but I felt the cars were able to be flipped around. Sure it wasn't perfect and cars were quite floaty even from small obstacles, but I feel now it's like even if you hit right wheel on ramp while other one just goes normally, even that doesn't completely flip the car over either.

Maybe it's just my masochist need to submit to driving within limits in curved paths.

I don't remember cars flpping over just from going too fast in a curve on a flat road surface. I think you always needed a bumb to send you flying or rolling.

I have been playing this game since release and I never truly understood the criticism that car handling got.

I kinda liked that when driving those high end vehicles took some time to move forward due to friction when wheels spun so fast, the amount of uncontrollable power.

When cars were so easily to flip around and came with penalty with having to abandon turned vehicle.

Yeah that handling was pretty abysmal in few car types, especially the one with big glass roof, but most cars handled pretty ok, and that was for PC controls.

Maybe it's just me but I kinda miss that inability to control inertia in tight turns and actually HAVING TO SLOW DOWN in turns, rather than I guess most playera pretending to this amazing driver that can do no wrong and be constantly surprised that they are unable to control the vehicle.

Now I was just trying to flip a car (van) over in a tight turn and I wasn't able to. I think handling might have become even too easy, considering you can already flip car over.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe there could be movable slider to return the car physics back to what they were? Or maybe it could be too much work...
What was it before?

I do not detect much of a difference between 2.0 and 1.63. I play with steering set to the lowest value (1 out of 100) and the only change I noticed is that at high speeds, steering is stiffer.

I also regularly practice drifting in the maimai (I am serious this is not a joke) and drifting in that car is very hard because you have to really time your handbrake to not oversteer and lose traction in a drift. Also I found taking sharp turns would require to let go of acceleration some time before the turn to turn without drifting.

With very low steering sens you can really feel the difference in the cars. Can you explain what was different before?

Top Bottom