I love day & night cycle design.

+
I can't get enough of admiring how perfect is time progression in Cyberpunk.
Usualy in open world games 24h cycle is so fast, it doesn't feel like believable world at all. I can't truly enjoy any time of day in game like that.

In Cyberpunk I can always feel which part of a day it is.
I've measured time manualy, and it takes about 10 seconds for 1 minute in the game.
Which means, (If my math is correct) it takes about 4 real life hours to complete 24h cycle.

Finaly a game where Sun illumination sticks for a while. 10/10 design. Good job CDPR.

I noticed that as well.

Never bothered to actually measure how fast time goes, but days felt significantly longer than most games with day-night cycle and I appreciate it. Many games it feels ridiculous how the whole day seems to go by when you travel very short distance.

plus, if you prefer things darker.. you can just skip time for evening and play things during night. (i like driving especially because there are not that many pedestrian out, so i don't have to be careful - i hate killing people by mistake, despite no consequence)

The work they have done is spectacular, never seen before. Hopefully night city has even more life in the coming years, we need it !!!

xlawx

Forum regular
I love it absolutely, too.

The worst was Fallout 4. At the evening you go on sneaking in a hostile area. After you done with the sneak route, its already morning.

I love it absolutely, too.

The worst was Fallout 4. At the evening you go on sneaking in a hostile area. After you done with the sneak route, its already morning.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is worse. Which is a shame, because it's otherwise pretty impeccable open world game. 1 day is like 48 minutes.
I remember often leaving from town at early evening back to camp for the night, getting distracted by some bandit camp and after the fighting and looting it's already like 4 am. So much for immersiveness for going to sleep for the night.

I love it. The fact that some quest incorporate the waiting makes the game more immersive IMO like when I have to wait 24 hours during a quest i think is awesome for someone like me who enjoys rpg elements such as these. And for those who don’t, they can skip time!

Its that feature that can be easily moded anyway. I remember doing it in Witcher 3.

Guest 4375874

I can't get enough of admiring how perfect is time progression in Cyberpunk.
Usualy in open world games 24h cycle is so fast, it doesn't feel like believable world at all. I can't truly enjoy any time of day in game like that.

In Cyberpunk I can always feel which part of a day it is.
I've measured time manualy, and it takes about 10 seconds for 1 minute in the game.
Which means, (If my math is correct) it takes about 4 real life hours to complete 24h cycle.

Finaly a game where Sun illumination sticks for a while. 10/10 design. Good job CDPR.
It's interesting that I almost don't notice it because it's done so well but if it wasn't done right I'd probably have noticed it lol

In my personal opinion the night length is a bit too short. I meant, it gets dark at 10pm and the sky gets like morning-blue at 3am 🤷🏻‍♂. I would love if the darkness lasted a bit longer, it's NIGHT ciity after all.
+ I'd enjoy more NPC life at nights, even my boring city has more people out at nights, at least between 10pm-2am :D.
And I'm also not a big of how basically every story quests and some side quests are set in a particular day-time, some have even set a weather. Then every play through looks the same.

Top Bottom