I think Panam should've been bisexual (romance)

+
It's the lack of lines to flat out say no. You have the option to reject her as female V. But Panam is missing proper animations and lines for rejections. You can even drink to boobs. Panam puts her legs on you. Which is for Male V. It only works right if you reject from that point. If you use the other lines. It's like derp, didn't set this section up right.
Excuse me, it's haboobs.

Panam loves V like family regardless of gender. Even as male V you don't necessarily have to romance her as she's always going to be close to you no matter what. I honestly think Panam and V are great the way they are, they don't need to be in a romantic relationship, they are best friends willing to do anything for each other. It's a beautiful relationship!

Oh, I'm still very satisfied at the family aspect Panam offered. It was actually why I WANTED to romance her.

I was just hoping I could go full romance and didn't get that opportunity. With how everything played out, I ended up disappointed because there was still flirtations all throughout (only to fully drop off when things got super serious).

Guest 4528007

she is really flirty with female v, my fisrt run threw the game i thought she was bi cause i didnt read anything on the game i just started playing it

[Moderated content.]

Oh, I'm fine with orientation locks for characters. That wasn't my issue. It just felt like I was strung along that Panam might be bisexual and that wasn't the case.

Judy being pure lesbian? Fine with me.
River being entirely hetero? Go for it.
Kerry being the pansexual who will sleep with anyone who can please him? He's a rocker, let him rock with whatever gets his rocks off.

Regardless of how accurate the above are, the point is that orientation can play into the design of a character. And, for the record, none of them have the orientation made as the focus for their existence which is GOOD design. I commend CDPR for doing it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm fine with orientation locks for characters. That wasn't my issue. It just felt like I was strung along that Panam might be bisexual and that wasn't the case.

As far as I can tell with the Li's they are all written narrowly enough that none of them provide social ques about their orientation to the player at a glance. Every single one of them will do something or provide an option that makes you think they are into things they aren't.

Like what straight girl drops their thighs on top another girl they just met a few days ago? They don't, and other characters do stuff like that to, actions not properly reflecting their alleged lore.

I went with male V first speed run through and the female next, the two Panam stories were maybe a week apart so it was REAL fresh...

I think between the two, Panam and Judy, Panam would be the easiest to make fit the "either or..." romance option. The lines were exactly the same with ONLY the romance options left out for female V. Where as Judy is out and out snarky toward male V, "you're not my type holmes..." (that one stung me) HOWEVER, the response was perfect for Judy. She is through and through, born that way girl. Its in her backstory and to try and pigeonhole her into accepting male V (or ANY man) just would not make sense.

But as I stated earlier, Panam seems like all they would need to do is pull the 'restrictor plate' off her and I think she could warmup to female V very nicely.

I've literally never seen such a good friendship like Panam shares with V (in my case female V). I just love their dynamic so much that i'd follow her anywhere. And the fact that she invited me into her family and considers me a member of her family... how can i say no to this????? :giveup:

The male V & Judy friendship is very wholesome too, and I'd have it no other way. :)

As for the thread, I don't think things are going to change - and rightly so. Just like real life, people have their preferences. You just have to live with knowing that not everyone is going to be into you depending on your gender.

Oh, great, another thread asking to change the story and characters to fit someone's personal preferences. Yeah,sure, because making games and building stories is all about satisfying sexual fantasies of some gamers...
Perhaps also in real life everyone should be bisexual so that certain individuals can be happy?

In real world people have sexual orientations while on the forum I read "make Judy bi" make "Panam bi". Wonder why no one asks for Kerry or River to be bi...

For me, the best part of games that have a large amount of agency and player choice is they often have characters who are effectively their own people.

Characters you will develop a relationship with based on your characters actions and who they are, rather than created to hang off the player at their whims.

I hold Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 1 as exemplary examples of that. There are characters in those games that amazing relationships can be formed, or those relationships can turn bitter and have them betray you (although technically it could be argued in some cases you betray them first).

When it comes to relationships, if you make a character playersexual, there solely for the romance of the player however they desire, you take away the weight of them being their own character. A character with their own desires, motivations, and story.

You won't get to experience your character engage in a way unique to them. You won't get to go through different playthroughs experiencing different relationships. You won't get to come onto forums like these and engage with others about how they built relationships.

Making characters playersexual cheapens and weakens the whole structure of meaningful roleplaying, where the point is for you, the player, to roleplay different characters to experience different arcs and stories.

Oh, great, another thread asking to change the story and characters to fit someone's personal preferences. Yeah,sure, because making games and building stories is all about satisfying sexual fantasies of some gamers...
Perhaps also in real life everyone should be bisexual so that certain individuals can be happy?

I don't know how many more times I need to say this. And for hard reiteration, I'm quoting myself here.

Judy being pure lesbian? Fine with me.
River being entirely hetero? Go for it.
Kerry being the pansexual who will sleep with anyone who can please him? He's a rocker, let him rock with whatever gets his rocks off.

Regardless of how accurate the above are, the point is that orientation can play into the design of a character. And, for the record, none of them have the orientation made as the focus for their existence which is GOOD design. I commend CDPR for doing it right.

I feel the need to edit that into the original post for those who didn't read through the thread, like you clearly didn't.
Post automatically merged:

For me, the best part of games that have a large amount of agency and player choice is they often have characters who are effectively their own people.

Characters you will develop a relationship with based on your characters actions and who they are, rather than created to hang off the player at their whims.

I hold Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 1 as exemplary examples of that. There are characters in those games that amazing relationships can be formed, or those relationships can turn bitter and have them betray you (although technically it could be argued in some cases you betray them first).

When it comes to relationships, if you make a character playersexual, there solely for the romance of the player however they desire, you take away the weight of them being their own character. A character with their own desires, motivations, and story.

You won't get to experience your character engage in a way unique to them. You won't get to go through different playthroughs experiencing different relationships. You won't get to come onto forums like these and engage with others about how they built relationships.

Making characters playersexual cheapens and weakens the whole structure of meaningful roleplaying, where the point is for you, the player, to roleplay different characters to experience different arcs and stories.

Like I said, the choices I made as a lesbian/bisexual V towards Panam didn't come with a refusal, like advancing too quickly with her would make said girl/girl romance impossible. So it didn't hit me that it was no longer on the table until the end of the quest line.

That's just my personal experience, and I think it would come as its own character trait for one or two romance-capable characters to have different thresholds for LGBT romance. Not something to be done with every character, obviously. Having a Female V able to romance Panam but needing to make different choices from the Male V to be successful would be its own exploration of the character.

Who knows, maybe CDPR will release more romance characters that could fill those niches. Maybe we'll get an AI that can/will customize itself into your ideal lover for the sake of being a Playsersexual character, as you put it.

Last edited:
I played a pure female V for my first run through. I went out of my way to flirt with Panam only for the romance options to just kinda of disappear. I really thought Panam would've been a possible romance option for me and I was really disappointed that it wasn't actually possible despite the hints and no outright refusal (from Panam).

Heck, even if you go flirty from the starting line, she clearly warms up to you with her own flirtations since she has her own issues that need sorting out before she's ready.

I know I could go with Judy, but she's just not quite my type. A good friend to have, no doubt. Just not my type for romance.

EDIT:
Since a few people seem to not be reading the thread, I'm going to quote myself here.

I simply felt strung along by Panam, based on the choices I made and never encountered a clear refusal. That's why I felt Panam was bisexual even if she was not designed or intended to be.
I'm not gonna lie ... My first character was female V and when i discovered that you can only date Panam when ur male I legit started a new game with a male... and did all the quests again ... May be weird ... but whatever :D
I'd also love the option to date Panam as woman V.

I liked Judy a lot but I loved Panam. Still I accepted it and was fine, whatever. Until...
If you finish the game asking Panam for help, that whole ending sequence just makes you feel like you should have been able to romance Pana, even though Judy is there. Poor implementation imo.

Yep, there's definitely something wrong with her responses. Played female V as well but I didn't try hard with Panam as I was with Judy already. Even so, Panam sent some pretty strong signals my way, leaving me with wrong impressions...
Post automatically merged:

I liked Judy a lot but I loved Panam. Still I accepted it and was fine, whatever. Until...
If you finish the game asking Panam for help, that whole ending sequence just makes you feel like you should have been able to romance Pana, even though Judy is there. Poor implementation imo.

Indeed. The ending was awkward as hell. The whole cutscene looked as if I was supposed to kiss Panam but then Judy was my romance option so she was teleported to the meeting spot so that we can exchange a couple of lines. Then she magically pops into one of the dune buggies (or is she in the trunk of the panzer?) and talking to me over the comms. Why not put her next to me in the panzer? She's a techie. Surely, she can find herself around the controls. Panam is not the only certified panzer co-pilot in the universe, right? Let Panam ride with the buggies and put my lover next to me! Mishmash...

Last edited:
Top Bottom