if I rename "ptr-gwent" folder into "gwent" for tomorrow's Homecoming...

+
...will I keep my old Gwent (lvl 60) account progression ?

Hi,
I ask this because I have a poor connection, and I'd like to reduce the amount to dl by renaming the "ptr-gwent" folder into "gwent" :
  • will I effectively just dl only the needed new files and not the whole 2.9 GB ?
  • if this is so, shall I keep my lvl 60 progression, or is it related to my gwent file and thus not stored in the cloud ?
Thanks for the answer. :)

The progression isn‘t stored on your computer, so you can‘t lose anything.

Renaming folders however is often not the best best idea. Anyhow, you can always uninstall PTR Gwent and normal Gwent. Whenever you reinstall the game you can continue without losing progress.

Thanks for the reply, devivre. I was concerned about my progression (lvl but also cards, scraps) with the milling of the account for Homecoming.

What could go wrong if I rename the files ?

What could go wrong if I rename the files ?

For example GOG Galaxy might not be able to start the game properly. Or some files will still try to look for other files in the old directory, which also causes an error. And so on.

May be off topic but I am going for fresh install by removing old one ( I removed the game already ) So how I m going to understand that I am downloading new version which is Homecoming & not the same old version ? as my galaxy is still showing Gwent to install which is I think the old one.

I mean is galaxy going to show new homecoming gwent with different name ?

Just wait until 1PM CEST. Then you should be able to download the new version. Patience please.

Top Bottom