If you can only change one thing in this game what would it be?

+
Based on the demo it feels too FPSy. The RPG element seems more like a choose your own adventure book at the moment. Even when the narrator said we were going to choose the non violent option it got very guny at the end. I'm hoping to see this improve in the final game.
The narrator said the non-violent option was UNLOCKED, not that it was taken. I think for a non-violent path you'd need to find out the cred-chip had a virus on it and bring that fact up during the negotiation scene. I think this was shown in some of the E3 private demos.

The narrator said the non-violent option was UNLOCKED, not that it was taken. I think for a non-violent path you'd need to find out the cred-chip had a virus on it and bring that fact up during the negotiation scene. I think this was shown in some of the E3 private demos.

You are correct... almost. The Scavengers will let you walk away with the spider bot, but after them insulting Jackie, you'll get the dialogue option to take revenge. And, of course, you take revenge because the demo would be "boring" otherwise.

Stats being tied to clothes always turns out to be a lame idea, and I don't know why developers keep insisting on using that gameplay trope. It sucks when even though you really like the look how something looks and it fits your RPing of your character perfectly, you'll probably be forced to drop it because of better stats on something else. Clothing should be cosmetic only, not gameplay altering, IMO.

You are correct... almost. The Scavengers will let you walk away with the spider bot, but after them insulting Jackie, you'll get the dialogue option to take revenge. And, of course, you take revenge because the demo would be "boring" otherwise.

I hope that this won't always be the case, and that not everybody will be disrespectful, because that way even if I play an high Cool/high Intelligence character I'll have to fight which will not be the point of the character.
What I means is I hope an high Cool character will be intimidating (as a merc, even if I would prefer respect as a Rockerboy) enough to make people shut their mouth.

Stats being tied to clothes always turns out to be a lame idea, and I don't know why developers keep insisting on using that gameplay trope. It sucks when even though you really like the look how something looks and it fits your RPing of your character perfectly, you'll probably be forced to drop it because of better stats on something else. Clothing should be cosmetic only, not gameplay altering, IMO.

Exactly. I want to set my own style and not look like a clown because the +5 jacket I picked just up doesn't match the +3 pants I already own.

Blizzard solved this problem in WoW, actually. Transmogrification. It was added when Patch 4.3 was released (during the Cataclysm expansion, so around 2010-2011). Basically, you're able to go to a transmog vendor to change the appearance of your gear to gear that you've already picked up. There's an appearance tab that keeps track of any gear that you've picked up and able able to be transmogrified. There are a few restrictions, but mostly any piece of gear can be transmogrified. it's also where you go to hide your armor.

For example, let's say you picked up a really super cool looking jacket a while ago and you love it and never wanna part with it, but you just finished a quest and got rewarded with a jacket that looks hideous, but it has better stats. Just go to the transmog vendor, select the item you want to transmog and the item you want to transmog it to, pay a small fee and boom! You got your awesome-looking jacket with the upgraded stats!

Here's a link to the transmog page on the wiki if anyone wants to read more about it: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Transmogrification

Now, lore-wise, I think this could work. Sure, it came from a fantasy world, but in this world, the technology is very advanced. If someone from one of the big corporations were to make some sort of device that could do this, I think it would fit right in.

Or maybe the person who made it isn't from one of the corporations, but the corporations got wind of it and set out to get the device for their own purposes, and you were hired (or decided on your own) to either get the device or save the person from the corporation's security forces. You could develop a whole subplot around unlocking this feature! Or it could just be a feature, either works.

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't change anything at this time, to early to say. If anything I would not suggest to remove the skip button because if I wanted to go through and play multiple times, it would be extremely annoying having to sit through the same cut scenes over and over.

I just hope they keep the game in the direction that it is going and they keep it intelligible.

Blizzard solved this problem in WoW, actually. Transmogrification. It was added when Patch 4.3 was released (during the Cataclysm expansion, so around 2010-2011). Basically, you're able to go to a transmog vendor to change the appearance of your gear to gear that you've already picked up. There's an appearance tab that keeps track of any gear that you've picked up and able able to be transmogrified. There are a few restrictions, but mostly any piece of gear can be transmogrified. it's also where you go to hide your armor.

For example, let's say you picked up a really super cool looking jacket a while ago and you love it and never wanna part with it, but you just finished a quest and got rewarded with a jacket that looks hideous, but it has better stats. Just go to the transmog vendor, select the item you want to transmog and the item you want to transmog it to, pay a small fee and boom! You got your awesome-looking jacket with the upgraded stats!

Here's a link to the transmog page on the wiki if anyone wants to read more about it: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Transmogrification

Now, lore-wise, I think this could work. Sure, it came from a fantasy world, but in this world, the technology is very advanced. If someone from one of the big corporations were to make some sort of device that could do this, I think it would fit right in.

Or maybe the person who made it isn't from one of the corporations, but the corporations got wind of it and set out to get the device for their own purposes, and you were hired (or decided on your own) to either get the device or save the person from the corporation's security forces. You could develop a whole subplot around unlocking this feature! Or it could just be a feature, either works.

What do you guys think?
Swtor has something like that , an Outfit Tab . And so does GW 2...

Honestly ? I never used them lol . I stick with what I had on..and thats it . Homewhever , in Stwor case , you can mod your clothes . And I rather I mod my chosen clothes (To get stats) , then do the whole Magic stuff . Of course , swtor has alot of clothes since its an MMO .

So my vote would be for a 'clothes come with no stats' and you can add mods to them . So you are not limited to what you wanna wear .

Make the gunplay as smooth as Titanfall 2, DOOM, Wolfenstein II and Battlefield 1. Guns have extremely crisp animations, predictability, impeccable sound design and an accurate sense of impact (enemies have interesting and immersive movements post-impact).

A good counter-example would be The Division. Take out an M60 and enemies shot in the head still maintain cover (and bullet sponge). It's cool, it's a game after all, sure, but there's something to be said about that feeling of rigid bullet impact, whether while shooting an enemy or being shot yourself.

While I appreciate that this is an RPG, I truly think the next-level of FP shooting will be attained with accurate impact/reactions that continue to enhance immersion.

What do you guys think?

Cool, I really like the mog feature. But it seems a little over the top and not necessary. I think its better to keep it simple. If its something they can easily implement, I am all for it.

I would like to suggest, maybe make it so you can buy clothes from an assortment of world period clothing and then adjust color, fabric type, attach badges or branding, also when you work for factions, they will give you clothing as a reward for working with them and they are unique to the rest of the typical clothing. Maybe they come with mod enhancements that you can hook up with when wearing there gear that gives you some perk that's unique to that faction/corp.

Or make it so clothes have no stats at all, just merely gives you the look your after, that way you can always look how you like regardless of your stats. Make all stats come from weapons and implants which are all under your clothing.

Would also be cool to get access to a Tailor in game, once you start working for a faction, when you start making some cash, even early game, you can go and buy clothes and the tailor will ask you a series of questions about what you would like, the tailor then custom makes it for you and how much each custom choice will cost. Would give more individuality to the players game. Not hard from a programming stand point to implement, just from an asset point of view, would mean not everyone will be happy because you can't possibly cater for all peoples tastes, but some customization would be cool and I would be happy to settle for that and as long as it was based off the 2077 world.

Anyone has any other ideas, would like to hear it.

WOW! Game based on 80s future prediction has 80s looking car? No way!
Your sarcastic answer makes no sense.
- The original tabletop was made in the 80s - but not this game
- This game is not even set in the same time thanCyberpunk 2020 ( there is a clue in the name )
- How does it make sense, that an 80s future prediction assume that car design would still be the same many decades later? The only possible answer to this I can think of is lack of ideas:p
My suggestion would be to take inspiration from concept cars - some of them look quite futuristic
https://www.google.com/search?q=con...6jdAhWLy6QKHWRcA_kQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1058

- Don't show me all the time where I need to go and what I need to do. The hand-holding amount in the trailer is absolute ridiculous. I hope you don't design this game for the brain-dead players only. Or at least provide a non-noob mode where the UI is not that cluttered with helpers
- Don't show me those huge health bars on enemies, don't hilight them at all. That's noob shit and hand-holding that completely destroys immersion. I bet you can even see those bars when only the head of an enemy is visible, total bullshit.
- Remove the see enemy through wall upgrades at least in a non-noob mode. I don't want to know where enemies are I want to be surprised.
- the ricochet or how you call it stuff would be great if the enemy would not be revealed behind the wall showing me exactly where I need to shoot the enemy. That is super pointless and for skill-less people.
- I would remove the smart gun completely. How unskilled could a human being be where the bullets all find their way themselves?! Not that much of a problem for me though, just sad I can't use that weapon because I like aiming you know ;)

so basically my complaint short, the trailer showed way too many hand-holding and x-ray vision noob stuff. I want less cluttered, less hand-holding. I want to explore myself and get immersed in the world. I understand that casuals want that stuff so a "hardcore" (non-noob) mode is definitely needed!

-
- the ricochet or how you call it stuff would be great if the enemy would not be revealed behind the wall showing me exactly where I need to shoot the enemy. That is super pointless and for skill-less people.
- I would remove the smart gun completely. How unskilled could a human being be where the bullets all find their way themselves?! Not that much of a problem for me though, just sad I can't use that weapon because I like aiming you know !

Actually, I think it would be perfectly enough if your enemies can use those weapons too - that could make the game really difficult.

Actually, I think it would be perfectly enough if your enemies can use those weapons too - that could make the game really difficult.

If they use it too that would be great. It would be absolutely awesome if you change the purpose of ricochet in general. Imagine the AI reacting to ricochet shots so they come out of cover or change their position. So it could be basically used as distraction and not killing in the first place. Would open up for much more tactical gameplay than just dumb killing. And you don't need to see the enemy through the wall for that. Win Win :)

- This game is not even set in the same time thanCyberpunk 2020 ( there is a clue in the name )
- How does it make sense, that an 80s future prediction assume that car design would still be the same many decades later? The only possible answer to this I can think of is lack of ideas:p
My suggestion would be to take inspiration from concept cars - some of them look quite futuristic
https://www.google.com/search?q=con...6jdAhWLy6QKHWRcA_kQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1058
But they're creating the game based on some aesthetics. It's not lack of ideas, it's design choice.
Jackie bought his car with the same ammount of money (I think it was 50/50 between Jaina & Jackie) V got drunk & got laid for 3 days. Don't know about you, but that wouldn't be really smart to put small unknown hispanic mercenary into one of those "futuristic" cars. Cars from your link looks like they've been designed for corpo, no solo.

LEVELS

It should not exist here. Or in Witcher. Or in any single player immersive rpg ( especially open world type).

You're walking down the street, it's a strangely quiet night, perfect to just take in the sights. Suddenly, you hear a gunshot, and it's coming from one of the back alleyways. A young couple is being robbed by a group of psychos, you pull out your gun and...ahh, they are 10 levels higher than me, can't touch them with my lvl3 pistol. Better do some sidequests, gain some XP, then I'll come back!

- Don't show me all the time where I need to go and what I need to do. The hand-holding amount in the trailer is absolute ridiculous. I hope you don't design this game for the brain-dead players only. Or at least provide a non-noob mode where the UI is not that cluttered with helpers
- Don't show me those huge health bars on enemies, don't hilight them at all. That's noob shit and hand-holding that completely destroys immersion. I bet you can even see those bars when only the head of an enemy is visible, total bullshit.
- Remove the see enemy through wall upgrades at least in a non-noob mode. I don't want to know where enemies are I want to be surprised.
- I would remove the smart gun completely. How unskilled could a human being be where the bullets all find their way themselves?! Not that much of a problem for me though, just sad I can't use that weapon because I like aiming you know ;)

so basically my complaint short, the trailer showed way too many hand-holding and x-ray vision noob stuff. I want less cluttered, less hand-holding. I want to explore myself and get immersed in the world. I understand that casuals want that stuff so a "hardcore" (non-noob) mode is definitely needed!
For those that feel like they need an even more hardcore mode, CDPR responds with the announcement of the Hypnotic82 Edition of the game. With this new edition, Easy mode comes with a blindfold and a rope to tie one hand behind the player's back, while the Hard mode gives players a knife to cut the cord to their gamepad or mouse & keyboard, challenging the player to play the game with sheer willpower alone. :LOL:

Cyberpunk is what the future would look like if technological design aesthetics had an 80's flavor to it, much like Steampunk has its distinct turn of 19th-century technological flavor and Dieselpunk has it's own 50's flavor. Would you expect to see a modern day concept car looking automobile in a Fallout, Bioshock or Wolfenstein game, despite how far in the future the games are set in?

Last edited:
LEVELS

It should not exist here. Or in Witcher. Or in any single player immersive rpg ( especially open world type).

You're walking down the street, it's a strangely quiet night, perfect to just take in the sights. Suddenly, you hear a gunshot, and it's coming from one of the back alleyways. A young couple is being robbed by a group of psychos, you pull out your gun and...ahh, they are 10 levels higher than me, can't touch them with my lvl3 pistol. Better do some sidequests, gain some XP, then I'll come back!
But how would you design the system where you would be better than some enemies at certain level and weaker than Corpos? I think some people here are giving their thoughts without looking into development aspect of the game. It's simple question "Am I dreaming of something that current consoles/pc's can do?"

Top Bottom