Im done with CDPR

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just the way they went about it once more. They were loud about uncesnored nudity in the game. It was kinda half in the game half not due to many did see the nudity in their game and many didn't. It was accepted as a bug in the community and with good faith we waited for CDPR to patch it in.

Instead we get a random post reply with a smiley face that yeah no, the glitch and bug you people been trying to get rid of, it's intended.

I've seen it asked over the past couple days at least 7 times. I genuinely do wonder why -this- is what people consider their breaking point.

You're missing the point.
It's not about us wanting to run around with our schlongs out in Night City.

- It is about CDPR promising us that it would be possible, promising us full nudity, zero censorship.
- It is about CDPR heavily advertising their genital settings in the Char Creator, despite already knowing that the game would fully ignore any settings made there.
- It is about CDPR having put a "Censor Nudity YES/NO" toggle in the options menu that doesn't have any meaning anymore, because:

This is the main issue that CDPR, after the fact(!), now suddenly tells us that it were somehow fully intentional that there is zero full nudity outside of the character editor, the fact that CDPR knew this long ago — this did not just happen — but they only told us this after launch, like so many other missing features only became apparent after launch.

This is about false advertising, intentional false representation of facts surrounding the game that have nothing whatsoever to do with "subject to change".
It's about the principle of not wanting to take it lying down when publishers/studios openly lie and then tell you that you didn't have any right to complain about it.

Last edited:
You're missing the point.
It's not about us wanting to run around with our schlongs out in Night City.

- It is about CDPR promising us that it would be possible, promising us full nudity, zero censorship.
- It is about CDPR heavily advertising their genital settings in the Char Creator, despite already knowing that the game would fully ignore any settings made there.
- It is about CDPR having put a "Censor Nudity YES/NO" toggle in the options menu that doesn't have any meaning anymore, because:

This is the main issue that CDPR, after the fact(!), now suddenly tells us that it were somehow fully intentional that there is zero full nudity outside of the character editor, the fact that CDPR knew this long ago, this did not just happen, but they only told us this after launch, like so many other missing features only became apparant after launch.

This is about false advertising, intentional false representation of facts surrounding the game that have nothing whatsoever to do with "subject to change".
It's about the principle of not wanting to take it lying down when publishers/studios openly lie and then tell you that you didn't have any right to complain about it.
People assume when I complain about the nudity, that I want a pron game or just run around naked for no reason.
Not true and your right, its about being lied to, and its about breaking the immersion. CDPR whole schtick was a truly immersive experience, this game is not that.

i think there is already a mod to be fully naked in the shower ;) and there will be plenty others coming to increase the overall experience of the game

I don't see the point in giving us the option for genitals to be honest especially if they are just gonna cut them out during gameplay, just like alot of things that were supposed to be in the game but aren't anymore..

i think there is already a mod to be fully naked in the shower ;) and there will be plenty others coming to increase the overall experience of the game

Yes, there are, but what is discussed here is something else. What they said and what they did, there are gaps between speaking and doing ... That's what this topic talks about, this is aggravated by the discovery that censorship is done in the game in certain parts, in others, no ... it is as if they underestimate the brain of the gamers...

They spent twelve years saying that the game would be different, they sold something equal or worse than other games.

Yes, there are, but what is discussed here is something else. What they said and what they did, there are gaps between speaking and doing ... That's what this topic talks about, this is aggravated by the discovery that censorship is done in the game in certain parts, in others, no ... it is as if they underestimate the brain of the gamers...

They spent twelve years saying that the game would be different, they sold something equal or worse than other games.
Yes, i'm a bit disapointed aswell, but what annoys me the most is the fact that the game is clearly not finished, they cut out so many things that would have enhanced the open world, probably because they were pushed by shareholders to release the game, such a shame.

It's just immersion breaking, something CDPR said they wanted to do, go all in on the immersive experience, they do the opposite. If Conan can do it, so can they, otherwise why the customization?

Exactly! Why waste dev time on something your just going to remove? Boggles the mind.

I think they decided to be "intentional" only recently. Otherwise the mod wouldnt show your schlong in the mirror or in photo mode, cuz what it does is to edit one simple file of the game.

The only thing thats does not work is FPP as it still show a ken doll thang. But people will figure it out eventually. I dont see CDPR reverse this and listen to players in this matter, but only time will tell.

I think they decided to be "intentional" only recently. Otherwise the mod wouldnt show your schlong in the mirror or in photo mode, cuz what it does is to edit one simple file of the game.

The only thing thats does not work is FPP as it still show a ken doll thang. But people will figure it out eventually. I dont see CDPR reverse this and listen to players in this matter, but only time will tell.
Well let's hope enough people are upset that they change their mind on the censor

For me personally leaving in the nudity would have been a sign of good faith towards CDPR. (Aside from obvious immersion, no magical fairy godmother underwear popping up on NPCs)

I would have a better easier time to believe that they will hear us and put back the cut features in the future if they would have made/kept this very simple step. The feature is already in the game. We saw it through unintended glitches apparently. But they are not even willing to keep their word about something so easily implementable.

Unfortunately as it stands atm I have no reason to believe that they will do more than fix performance issues, basic QoL changes and then move on to the planned DLCs and multiplayer...

For me personally leaving in the nudity would have been a sign of good faith towards CDPR. (Aside from obvious immersion, no magical fairy godmother underwear popping up on NPCs)

I would have a better easier time to believe that they will hear us and put back the cut features in the future if they would have made/kept this very simple step. The feature is already in the game. We saw it through unintended glitches apparently. But they are not even willing to keep their word about something so easily implementable.

Unfortunately as it stands atm I have no reason to believe that they will do more than fix performance issues, basic QoL changes and then move on to the planned DLCs and multiplayer...

And do they think to continue in this medium of games without customers, fans?

Yes because running around with your dingdong out and giggling is very adult and mature.

Not to defend the game's state, it really is rather dire, but -- really? Why do people care so much about running around with their dicks out?
Dicks out for Harambe aside, as an open world "adult" rpg it's really pathetic. Extracurricular activities are less risque than some of my favorite Friday nights. Seriously what happened to a bleak desperate city? Some really small simple stuff could add a lot of life and actual roleplay to the game. Right now its a shell of an RPG

Yes because running around with your dingdong out and giggling is very adult and mature.

Not to defend the game's state, it really is rather dire, but -- really? Why do people care so much about running around with their dicks out?

Its about having the possibility to do so. Guess they sided with the coorporations. I'd rather take a game 20years in the making with a small team, while having the ability of staying True to myself then sell my soul to the coorporations ;D

That Said, they're not done. They're minor issues. And imagine playing this as an 8 year old kid. I'd say its pretty adult the way it is.

What me annoys the most about the nudity thing, is having glitchy sex scènes with underwear on. At least show a butt lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom