Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Guys, it's all your fault, c'mon.

They are just polishing the damn game from the 16 of January - time of their first postponement. As they stated, it was really "complete and playable" (not a lie at all, stop being that malicious), they are... polishing things.

On the other hand, it's all your bad: trusting them, listen to them, believing their statement, waiting for their game, making sacrifices to buy it and to find time to enjoy it. Your fault. And now you even feel like you have the right to complain or to be upset. C'mon!

By the way, isn't this a cyberpunk game? Big bad corpo, anyone? It's just roleplay. Pfff.

Wow, CDPR, way to squander a large chunk of that hard-earned customer loyalty. The earlier delays I could live with, but delaying the game a 3rd time-after going GOLD-is really beyond the pale. I agree with those who are saying that you should release the game for PC on November 19th.
The funny thing is that today was the day I had planned to place my pre-order. However, given this breach of faith I no longer feel confident with pre-ordering the game. Seriously, guys, very poor form.
Also, little pro-tip for future releases: don't give a specific release dates until you have something locked in. Give a release year, or a release quarter instead. Ok?

There is no Irony. Some of us DO NOT HAVE much free time. We're adults with busy schedules and obligations. You're mocking a guy for having to take vacation to play a game he's looking forward to. This shows entitlement on your part that you have the luxury of not having that burden to choose between waiting several months to play a game you've been looking forward to for a long time.

How does that show entitlement? That burden to choose between... what? "Waiting several month to play a game you've been looking forward to for a long time" and... ? What?

Yes! Instead of having the free time to play whenever I like, I have indeed taken time out of a busy working schedule and used the small pool of free days that my work allows me to draw from, to wait a couple of months and play Cyberpunk 2077 during my already scheduled Christmas Holiday.

If that's entitlement, then I'm guilty.

As opposed to you doing what exactly? Using your own free days for a video game release? That's the kind of luxury I don't even have. I have other obligations during my Christmas break. I don't even get to use my free days just for playing videogames.

Make more sense!

That would mean they "Golded" a mess of a game and crunch as hell to make it somehow enjoyable...

Which one sounds better?
It is mute to answer that now. But three week delay compared to the others especially after waiting since 2016 is hardly that big of an ask. There is also more important things out there than video games at least in our side of things. For that i have to say i dont feel much sympathy for the feeling of betrayal that people feel for ruined leave plans when compared to the developers who have their livelihood on the line and reliant on people like the former to get through it.

ElWYA5WX0AAaOO6.png

LOL oh nooooooo.
And that was just yesterday. My poor dude.

:coolstory:

I don't care about the delay itself. I'm ready to wait as long as the game needs.

But it looks like CDPR bit more than they could chew with this one. Their most ambitious project and on top of that they're hard pressured to release it in time with the launch of the new consoles. As a multigen title... I can imagine the nightmare in the offices right now. Hardcore crunch, staff looking like zombies, sleeping bags, boxes of pizza piled in the corner, 3-day stubble...

At this point in time i'm not sure CDPR "humble apologies" are gonna cut it.
Personally i was ok with the first delay, on the second delay i gritted my teeth and said: "Fine..At least they promised it's the last one". They even went GOLD!
When my friend told me they delayed the game AGAIN i just laughed thinking he was joking, that's how most people here must have felt, it's a damn joke, right?!
That's how low this blow from CDPR is, i don't care if there's a reason behind it, this is just another broken promise, the fateful last straw.
You don't NEED a day 1 patch, the patch can be delayed 1 week, 1 month or more AFTER you release the game, lots of developers do that.
I hope CDPR realizes that by making this decision they have literally put themselves in a worse situation than by releasing a buggy "bethesda-quality" mess, because right now if the game is not absolutely perfect on day 1 with literally ZERO bugs/glitches (which let's face it, is impossible), they will have unsatisfacted and angry fans.
I had high hopes for this game, i've always loved CDPR, i still hope the game comes out great, but if prior to this i would defend and promote CDPR in a conversation with my friends, i don't feel like i can do that anymore.
IMO the only thing that would redeem them now is either more transparency on EXACTLY why the game has been delayed again and again, or some form of reimbursement.

i dont feel much sympathy for the feeling of betrayal that people feel for ruined leave plans when compared to the developers who have their livelihood on the line and reliant on people like the former to get through it.

Right the devs, regardless of delays, are getting a huge paycheck both their normal pay plus overtime pay. Get to have a very long vacation when they're done, and make several years worth of wages out of the profits. No matter how you slice it I feel far more sympathy for your average working man.

For that i have to say i dont feel much sympathy for the feeling of betrayal that people feel for ruined leave plans when compared to the developers who have their livelihood on the line and reliant on people like the former to get through it.

Developpers are paid and overpaid for their crunch, not that it's good, but it's not as if they were exploited either...

You really think they were going to keep polishing the game untill the 19th november, pop some champagne and press the "release button" in the boss's office?

CDPR sells merch, physical games etc...
Lots of side company are involved in it, it takes time to coordinate.

They don't burn/press codes, and box etc... In two days before release. It takes weeks, if not months.

The game is done, done, done.
No way they're still working on it 3weeks before the planned release, mostly when Golded.

They're doing a patch to solve the small glitchs and bugs hidden here and there, the "final polishing", the last touch.
But the game is done, production takes time, contracts are involved etc.

They delayed it for the next gen, tests, etc..., so they can bundle the game with them, no other reasons are possible.

Everybody was super confident, doesn't seems like there were much left to do...

I hope CDPR realizes that by making this decision they have literally put themselves in a worse situation than by releasing a buggy "bethesda-quality" mess, because right now if the game is not absolutely perfect on day 1 with literally ZERO bugs/glitches (which let's face it, is impossible), they will have unsatisfacted and angry fans.
I had high hopes for this game, i've always loved CDPR, i still hope the game comes out great, but if prior to this i would defend and promote CDPR in a conversation with my friends, i don't feel like i can do that anymore.

If you're an exec at CDPR this is your thought "Sony and Microsoft will fund all the big ads we've put out if we delay a week? Well our fans will be upset, but the game is going to be awesome and they really won't care if we delay a week."

That's the long and the short of it, and that exec would be absolutely correct. Yes I'm very upset about this, but would it prevent me from playing the game eventually? No. Will I love the game? I have no doubt that I will. Would I buy another game from CDPR? Yes. Would I pre-order and make plans around that next game? No. So to CDPR it's a win-win getting those MS and Sony Dollars.

Because there was probably a deal with Phil.

Yeah, distribution rights and platforms wanting to be treated equally, probably means they'll burn bridges if they release CP77 earlier on certain platforms. They can't even do PC first and worry about consoles afterwards. Microsoft has its finger in both the PC market and Xbox (Phil Spencer, in other words).

... Except for Stadia. Nobody cares for Stadia. :ROFLMAO: I was kinda shocked they announced Stadia's version would be released along with all the others. Generous of them to make the hundred or so people playing on Stadia happy.

Then people will complain about why the released an unpolished game after so many delays. They cant really win.

Nope, no game releases in a completely bug free state....so I would have forgiven anything but the most game-breaking of bugs (seriously, I am happily playing Baldurs Gate in Early Access, so I can live with bugs). Another delay *after* announcing they've gone gold? Nope, that is a horrendous move.

If you're an exec at CDPR this is your thought "Sony and Microsoft will fund all the big ads we've put out if we delay a week? Well our fans will be upset, but the game is going to be awesome and they really won't care if we delay a week."

That's the long and the short of it, and that exec would be absolutely correct. Yes I'm very upset about this, but would it prevent me from playing the game eventually? No. Will I love the game? I have no doubt that I will. Would I buy another game from CDPR? Yes. Would I pre-order and make plans around that next game? No. So to CDPR it's a win-win getting those MS and Sony Dollars.
Product quality isn't all there is to a product.
Altho i can see your point i don't agree with it.
I used to play Warframe, uninstalled because the customer service was terrible and took over 3 weeks to answer a ticket to a problem that represented itself the next day.
Most of my pheriperals are Razer, i love them but my regional customer service sucks so bad, if either of them ever breaks i'm definitely going with another brand.
I might love Cyberpunk 2077 once (if?) it comes out, will i buy another CDPR game in the future? Depends how they deal with all these delays. If they do nothing at all, probably not.

Top Bottom