[IMPORTANT] RED asks the community

+
Favourite cutscenethe fist one with the strige : nice to watch again to find out what style/potion and signs he's being using Favourite charactervincent weiss or Talar Favourite quoteking talking about ingerence with future son in lawFavourite questthe lady of the lake Favourite monsterroyal wiwerns Favourite locationtemple quarterFavourite signYrden, but mostly used igni or aardFavourite finisherback somesault and kicking Favourite sword fighting stylefast steel Favourite potionkiss (the one against bleeding and cheap on albedo ingredient)

Favourite cutsceneThe boat approach of the swamps in chapter 2Favourite characterJaskierFavourite quoteCan't remember a specific oneFavourite questThe party organized by Leuvarden. I loved this long diplomatic/intrigue sequenceFavourite monsterThe beast and its minionsFavourite locationWizima. I love the urban setting of the game.Favourite signAardFavourite FinisherThe sword being held by the blade and violently crushing the victims head.Favourite sword fighting styleGroup styleFavourite potionSwallow

Favourite cutsceneThe ending movie doesn't count right? Well, I like the one you get when you flashback to the bank robbery after helping Yaevinn, its just funny seeing Geralt holding bags of gold and running. ;DFavourite characterDandelion, especially after that 'incident' where he 'lost' his lute. ;) Also his comments when he took me for a drink with Zoltan.Favourite quoteYaevinn: "Geralt, if I die..."Geralt: "Have you ever heard of a freedom fighter dying while walking through crap?"Yaevinn: "Rofl good point."Favourite questHmm, i'd have to say Vizima Confidential, a classic 'whodunit' detective case.Favourite monsterGreater Brothers. Those guys are just badass, and nothing is funnier when you mind control one and see them beating each other to death! ]:->Favourite locationMurky Waters. Beautiful, idyllic.Favourite signAard, stun + finisher = awesome! Igni too since its handy in any situation.Favourite finisherSpin around, slash legs then decapitation. But really, I love them all!Favourite sword fighting styleFast Silver, most flashy looking style. Though strong steel is pretty cool too.Favourite potionWhite Raffard's Decoction. Classic healing potions!

Favourite cutsceneThe drinking scenes with friends, Shani's party in particular.Favourite characterRammsmeatFavourite quote"Go plow your mamma"Favourite questThe suspects quests in Act IIFavourite monsterOne of the Graveir kind, any really - they are all so simmilar.Favourite locationThe SewersFavourite signYrden, the spikes from the ground (I think it was called Yrden)Favourite finisherNo favourite here, all were awesome.Favourite sword fighting styleStrong.Favourite potionEdit: change my mind. It's Blizzard.

Favourite cutsceneBesides intro and outro - saving Abigail 1 actFavourite characterShani and Carmen (romantic!)Favourite quote3rd act: when you have card of the Dandelion student (you know what I mean =) and once more you come to her she said "Dad restrict me to speak to singers and witchers!" LOL absolutely LOLFavourite questMain quest in act 1 and Investigation in Act 2Favourite monsterBruxa and AlpFavourite locationTemple District and Vysima at allFavourite signAardFavourite finisherSpit and strikeFavourite sword fighting styleGroup steelFavourite potionSwallow most usful and Blizzard bost visual effective

Favourite cutsceneSaving Abigail, (though the one when The Lady of the Lake bestows knighthood on Geralt follows closely).Favourite characterVincent and CarmenFavourite quoteCan't recall the exact words but all conversations at Leuvanders were neat.Favourite questThe investigation in act 2Favourite monsterThe Beast (doesn't look that great when compared with Striga or Zeulg, but the lore behind this monster and the fact that you don't know who actually summoned it made it brilliant) Favourite locationLakeside (???) (chapter 4)Favourite signIgni (on my next playthrough I'll put some talents in Quen - it looks fantastic)Favourite finisherSpit and strikeFavourite sword fighting styleAll steel styles (be it group style)Favourite potionSwallow and Owl (I was playing on medium level)

Favourite cutsceneLady of the Lake knighting GeraltFavourite characterAlvin/ Jacques de Aldersberg - when I found out the truth about him, I was like "OMG, how could this happen"Favourite quote"Something haunts the old mill again"Favourite questInvestigation in act 2 (Vizima Confidential)Two sister's quest in act 4 (In the Heat of the Day)Favourite monsterBeast - the only one who was really hard to deal with, and the plot was genial too.Favourite locationEverywhere in act 4 Favourite signIgniFavourite finisherGeralt cutts the opponent's knees, then turns him and slits his throat Favourite sword fighting styleGroup steelFavourite potionSwallow, Wolf

Favourite cutscene:When Lady Of The Lake gives Geralt the silver sword Aerondight;Favourite character:Magister(Professor), Geralt, Thaler :)Favourite quote:Everything said by Thaler, Zoltan and Dandelion, also Siegfried's talk about Zeugles...Anyway, how can one choose favorites when almost all dialogues are worthy of it? A splendid game indeed :)Favourite quest:The investigation in Act II - whole;Favourite monster:Vetala, Jacques de Aldersberg ^_^ Favourite location:The Temple District;Favourite sign:Igni, Yrden;Favourite finisher:I like all of them;Favourite sword fighting style:Fast silver, group silver ;Favourite potion:Wife's Tears ^_^

Favourite cutsceneIntro where Geralt drinks a potion. The close-up of his face is so brilliantly animated. You get a glimpse of his mortality, the monster in him and finally the frightened, mortal man. Right there, you had me wanting to know this guy better.Favourite characterGeralt. So many facets to the guy - can't help being fascinated!Favourite quoteDandelion and Zoltan giving Geralt drunken advice in the pub as G admits to being in love with Shani. Funny and heartmelting!Favourite questPickles and Lard at Shani's party!Favourite monsterThe first one - which requires the cauldrons to be ringing! I actually wish more of the monsters would have more intricate tactics to kill.Favourite locationThe graveyard. Real nice atmosphere.Favourite signIgni and aardFavourite finisherJumping onto enemies shoulders, putting blade across their throat, backflipping - and simultanously lobbing their heads off. Eep!Favourite sword fighting styleQuick single combatFavourite potionTawny owl

Favourite cutscene:The IntroFavourite character:GeraltFavourite quote:„One edge of the sword is you, the other is…”Favourite quest:Vizima ConfidentialFavourite monster:1. The Bruxa, 2. The FleederFavourite location:Trade QuarterFavourite sign:AardFavourite finisher:1. Cut back of knees, turn the opponent, slit throath.2. StabbingFavourite sword fighting styleStrong SteelFavourite potion:1.Swallow, 2. CatFavorite bomb:SamumFavorite oil:Crinfried Oil

Favourite cutsceneAll were poor and alvin was especially pissing me offFavourite characterno character made enough positive impression on me to be mentionedFavourite quoteCant remember anythingFavourite questCollecting runes to open the tower was nice, pity the tower was just one room, exploring long-sealed mages towers usually is funFavourite monsternoneFavourite locationmarsh when i first got there - huge explorable area with fun fights and no annoying loading screenFavourite signstunning one, i also used igni alot, the 3 others almost neverFavourite finishercutting in half, some were bit too long and interfered with fightingFavourite sword fighting stylemultiopponent onesFavourite potionregenerating health

Favourite cutsceneThe end where you slay the GM (with that sword).Runner up the bit where the Lady of the lake knight Geralt.Does slideshow counts? If so, the one where Geralt said something about witchers after saving the striga.Favourite characterI'm assuming anything other then Geralt. So... Alvin, I sort of didn't liked him at start, but there is a growing relationship and at the end I felt pity that he turns out like that.Runner up, Seigfried. I always liked him, and he sort of developed from a over-ethusiastic idiot into the kind of man that will probably do something great and heroic eventually. (even if he did leeched off my sucess to reach his place :p )Favourite quote"Sex power, power sex. It all comes down to one thing, f**king others. " Favourite questDon't know why, but the noon bride quest's my fav. I guess I just like folk lore stuffs.Favourite monsterErr... can't say there's one since I don't like things that try to kill me.Favourite locationThe whole chapter 4 area. Favourite signThe first one. Useful on a lot of things.Then Igni, the Force Lighting of Witcher.Favourite finisherAll of them are pretty neat.Favourite sword fighting styleI guess group since that one end up with most heads rolling around, but really it's up to situation.Favourite potionRed Tawny Owl, and Black Swallow. With these 2 I can beat anything.

Favourite cutsceneSeeing Kaer Morhen in the PrologueFavourite characterKalksteinFavourite quoteGranny: "What?! You're drunk!"Geralt: "Not truuuue..."Favourite questPosh receptionFavourite monsterDevaurerFavourite locationThe Old ManorFavourite signAardFavourite finisherTaking the sword by the blade and hitting the stunned oponent with the hilt :)Favourite sword fighting styleFast silverFavourite potionCat

Favourite cutsceneThe game intro would be the obvious choice, especially considering it is award winning. But I have another reason why it is good other than it looks kick-ass. It contains important information you can use (and I did use) later on in the game when facing the Striga.My favourite cutscene during gameplay would probably be the villagers outside the cave in act I. Here was a time where your choice would have almost immediate consequences (as well as some later on). The still frame cutscenes where Geralt reflects were pretty awesome, though the logic behind one or two seems tenuous at best.Favourite characterTriss Merigold or Adda - both strong women in their own waysFavourite quoteAdda's "Politics, sex. Sex, politics. They're both about fucking others" speechKing of the Wild Hunt's speech in the Epilogue.Jacques de Aldersberg's Epilogue speech. He seems to be appealing to the reason that made you make whatever choices you made in your game. It's a very clever speech, reminds me of Stalin or someone similar. He absolutely needs to be stopped but you almost pity his delusion. I think Geralt says it at some point "Then I truly pity you" or something. It's a line thrown around a lot but it rarely has meaning like it had here. The clincher is when Geralt is about to plunge his silver sword into Jacques."But that sword is for monsters!"Uh huh.... Penny, or rather sword, finally dropped? Nothing like a lesson of self-awareness right before death.Favourite questThe party at Shani's. I think it helped develop Geralt as a lot more than a monster killer who drunk with alcoholics in seedy taverns. Here he was enjoying an evening with some friends, trading drunken insults and generally getting up to mischief.Monster encounters where you have to do something other than run around in circles firing off spells or hacking away at them. I like the encounters where you have to interact with the environment to defeat them. The Frightener or the Golem, for example. My favourite encounter has to be the Striga, though. I went in there at dusk and didn't come out until dawn. Sure, it was just running around in circles firing off Aard, but it had a purpose. It was a chore but I had a clear idea why I was doing it, it was very rewarding when dawn came. It was especially touching.Favourite monsterBruxa and Fleder.Vetala.Striga, because I had been waiting since the Intro cutscene to meet one!Favourite locationI like Kaer Morhen, would be if you could go back there and explore the ruins.Favourite signAardFavourite finisherWhen they're standing there stunned and Geralt simply twirls around and slices them down with his sword. It's efficient and powerful, leaving me time to finish off another stunned opponent.Favourite sword fighting styleGroup silver is my favourite for performance, but I like the animations in strong silver and fast silver best. Favourite potionSwallow

Favourite cutsceneI think the final oneFavourite characterTriss Ranuncul, Geralt, Vesemir ( I love his czech dubbing)Favourite quoteFavourite questBlueyesFavourite monsterStrigaVetalaIt was fine fighting againts The BeastFavourite locationHouse of Night queenWyzimaKaer MhorhenFavourite signAardIgniFavourite finisherWhen Geralt cut his opponent head.Favourite sword fighting styleFast ... and groupFavourite potionBlizzard (? dont know if its same in english like in czech version)

Favourite cutsceneAt Fields. When the 2(dead) sisters meet and Geralt explain's that witchers like more lifting a curse than killing monstersFavourite characterVincent MeisFavourite quotethe whole dialogue between Geralt and Lady of the Lake in the topic "why the fisher king?" Favourite questBeauty and the beastFavourite monsterDagonFavourite locationTemple QuarterFavourite signIgniFavourite finisherStrong Style Special moveFavourite sword fighting styleFast StyleFavourite potionSwallow

Favourite cutsceneThe one featuring Geralt being comforted by Zoltan and Dandelion right after his women trouble with either Shany or Triss. All that talk about women in the pub and the whole "bachelors' night out" feel is just great.Favourite characterVincent Meis. He reminds me a lot of those film noir detectives.Favourite quote"I become more impressive as you get to know me." (Geralt)Favourite questBeauty and the beastHeat of the dayFavourite monsterStrigaZeuglFavourite locationLakeshoreFavourite signIgniFavourite finisher.Favourite sword fighting styleSilver FastFavourite potionCat

Favourite cutsceneThe scene before you meet Vincent as Werewolf for the first timeFavourite characterShaniFavourite quoteGeralt: Finding this party dull'?Triss: Do you have something more intresting in mind?Geralt: Mmmmm....Triss: At home, Geralt, at home.Favourite questInvestigation quest (forgot the name)Favourite monsterStrigaFavourite locationOutskirtsFavourite signIGNIFavourite finisherNone.Favourite sword fighting styleGroup, Strong.Favourite potionFull Moon, Phetri Philter, Tawny Owl

I'm confused by the post as "Improving" anything is seldom based on asking "what is right". Constructive critisim is the most effective - period. Understanding what was right is great background info - but NEVER to be taken with the WEALTH of Constructive Critisism.Favourite cutsceneThe end, because it was beautiful and long. The graphics were completed with that level of awesome quality. The Problems:
  • The other cutscenes should be equally as beautiful (i.e. show the current environment in it's spendor, characters of beauty, action of utter gore - fighting the same monsters you have been and slightly revealing some of what's to come).
  • Especially the end leaves SO MUCH unanswered. All the effort to build the relationship with Triss and... ??? Who was lying on the floor? Is there at least a moment of following dialog to provide anticipation or conclusion????
Favourite characterTrissThe Problems: Are there other characters? They all look the same! (Luckily, point is being addressed in the coming patch)Favourite quote:"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country"(Honestly, nothing memorable at the moment)Problems:SOOO many other quotes felt like a 13-yo boy driven by sex-craved hormones and learning to swear that I hated many, many of the quotes. Make the text / dialog and full storylines to feel like a SERIOUS game and now you have something. Ugg - depressing to see such a beautiful game dragged in the gutter by someone that directed most of the side-scenes and such that should be fired for complete incompetence and checked for sexual-stability.Favourite questFinding the armor - only because it took place over time and amounted to something tangible / realized.Problems:The quests are anti-climatic. Add building complexity and final reward / cutscenes to the quests.Favourite monsterStriga - because it was something you worked towards, though in the end suffered still from being anti-climatic. Simply run around for a few minutes and you're done. Ugg.Problems:As quoted elsewhere, the mobs are WAY to easy, even on hard mode. They all become more of a minor irritant versus tactical where you need to approach each monster with a strategy on how to deal with that particular monster.Favourite locationLocation wise, nothing specifically memorable over the others. The detail in each was TOP NOTCH!!PProblems:Exactly the same as the above. All was the same. Nothing felt distinct with each location, except for the city underwater (which it could be visited).Favourite signFireProblems:As ghe game was too easy - never found the need for others except a little bit for the shield to quickly down a potion.Favourite finisherUhhh = whatcha mean? Like chopping off heads, etc? If so - I liked them all - A LO, but especially when he'd stick his sword in the ground and jump on the guy and beat him up. Problems:HAA! Problems - pfft. I LOVE TIHS PART of the game!! If anything, as suggestion - MORE Finishers!! :)Favourite sword fighting styleALL - Loved them allProblems:Hmmm... Just adding something to be consistent (I LOVED THE STYLES - Best part of the game!)Hmmm.. not a problem, just a request: Add chopping off body parts, more need for the changing of weapons - and capability to use the other weapon types with the witcher styles. I NEVER used the other weapons as it was unneeded. I wanted to - but without gimping my witcher styles. Let us use the mace, axe, etc - but with associated styles. That'd ROCK!!Favourite potionSwallowProblems:Again, the game was so easy that the rest were unneeded (excluding the ones that add talents)

Top Bottom