Important Update

+
What's really terrible is being a billionaire company with a third grade security being hacked by someone who still uses the world powned in 2021.
Also no, I won't condemn this because I don't know shit about what really happened, so my doubts still hold.

Why you just played yourself. Well done!
Post automatically merged:

Causes of the hack (from most likely to least):
- Disgruntled employees or former employees who have the passwords.
- The administrator who usually uses his name, "1234" or "admin" as a password ....
- Use of old versions of software with known security bugs.
- Access by brute force.

Most likely cause is an employee getting phished with so many working on home systems, networked in, due to the pandemic.

Last edited:
Thx 4 Info, but there is nearly no quest left anymore. That is important for myself. Looking forward for some new quest/challenges what ever. Have a nice Day to ya All.

Moderator: A couple posts deleted. As a reminder from the Forum Regulations, it is prohibited to post and/or discuss unpublished content from CDPR’s products, or other information/content obtained from leaks or data-mining without CDPR’s permission.

So, please, do not discuss such information. Thank you.

I guess we might seriously start thinking about patch delay (or reduced patch content), because CDPR employees (and former employees) are now concerned with some personal problems regarding this leak. In Poland there's lost of information about this in the news today. It's possible that some of them do not have enough time to work on the patch right now. They need to, understandably, take care of more important matters.

I hope this attack will not be as devastating as it sounds. But if the patch was (slightly?) delayed, it would seem completely justified.

Spewing negativity and causing anxiety and stress only makes it harder for the devs to make patches and future content. It doesn't make sense if you actually wan't them to improve the game.

Good thing there are also many supportive comments. The devs are working hard to enhance our gaming experience, and getting feedback is an important part of the process. That's why it makes more sense to give constructive feedback, than to take part in any witch hunt.

What's really terrible is being a billionaire company with a third grade security being hacked by someone who still uses the world powned in 2021.
Also no, I won't condemn this because I don't know shit about what really happened, so my doubts still hold.
They must be in their forties, or wiling to make it think so. It's been 10 years no one use the word.
Moderator: A couple posts deleted. As a reminder from the Forum Regulations, it is prohibited to post and/or discuss unpublished content from CDPR’s products, or other information/content obtained from leaks or data-mining without CDPR’s permission.

So, please, do not discuss such information. Thank you.
Still, that version of TW3 was announced by CDPR, on this very site : proof. All we can supose is they are talking about that, no ?

Still, that version of TW3 was announced by CDPR, on this very site : proof.
Yes, and that moderating message was not related to the Next-Generation update. That Witcher III update was publicly announced, and may still be discussed, in its appropriate thread, of course, so long as no-one attempts to seek any unpublished information.

Hey,
what does the news say? Is it a big scandal in Poland?

I cannot discuss this topic (contents and consequences of the leak) here. But I would not call it "a big scandal". It's rather "a big (and sad) news". In Poland many important sites related to gaming (or cyber security, darknet intelligence, stock exchange etc.) pay close attention to what's happening with this case since it was revealed. And there are some important news every day. I guess it's the same with many international sites.

Realistically, a basic failure somewhere led to the compromise. Yet firms continue to not do basic security hygiene.
This is science fiction to me. Users do make mistakes. IT of firms usually know their job, especially in software developpement. Being devOp, it's what I see these days. 95% of my hack tentative requested by my client usually fails, so "basic" hygiene exists.
Each external hack tentative I saw these days was either soc engineering scams, to get reimbursements from failing reimbursed process (esp the stolen credit card numbers / please refund me on another card since it's blocked now (of course it's now blocked, since it was stolen in the first place)), or tentatives of DDOS. The pirate may have also fished for user/pwd by mail using a trusted email (a 14yo could do that for some compagnies).
Under 45yo employees in software are usually electronically educated enough to not clic everywhere in mails or on pages from the interwebz, but fishing is another story. If you get a mail from your.boss@bigassconpagny.com, then if he ask for usr/pwd "because it's been a huge Christmass", then some people just execute stuff with no questions. No matter if the name of your compagny is bigasscompagny instead of bigassconpagny.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced that this is not just a PR stunt. But if it's real, they didn't deserve it, no matter how much I hate them now. I feel like that anything negative that happens to them should be a direct product of their doings and their actions only.

There is a bright side. If sources become public modding community will go BOOM. I'm more than happy for TW3. As for CP77 goes, it might be well beyond saving.

I'm having a certain feel of deja-vu, didn't this happen to CDPR before? lol

Top Bottom