In Defense of the First Person Perspective

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
FPP combat can be fun and interesting, if there’s some boldness to think outside the box and make it (at least optionally) work unlike FPS combat (unlike how it is now advertised).

I’m still rooting for - in vain, perhaps - what the tactical mode could’ve been... and what could be done to the level of impact of the skills through ”difficulty” settings...

Dear developers.
Just make the game in a way you want to make it. Don't ruin it just to please those, who wanted another Witcher

Can you please get mouse controls properly made then? No smoothing, no acceleration, no auto aim etc?
I doubt it, but please try at least?

Guest 4311839

I can't believe this is going to be yet another FPS "rpg". :confused:(n)(n)
That is by far and wide the most boring type of game you can possibly make.
And you wanted yet another 3rd person rpg. And how many of those FPS rpg's was good rpgs. If cyberpunk will be rpgs first and has good gunplay it will be amazing. For example lets take fallout4 it has rpg elements but dialogs hmm lets say was lacking and gunplay wasn't good(a bit better when Fallout3/New Vegas) If CDPR can nail both fps and rpg it will be rare and exceptional thing.

And you wanted yet another 3rd person rpg. And how many of those FPS rpg's was good rpgs. If cyberpunk will be rpgs first and has good gunplay it will be amazing. For example lets take fallout4 it has rpg elements but dialogs hmm lets say was lacking and gunplay wasn't good(a bit better when Fallout3/New Vegas) If CDPR can nail both fps and rpg it will be rare and exceptional thing.

Out of all of them Which is your favourite 3rd Person Perspective, massive openworld Cyberpunk RPG?

Agree.
But option to have TPP is also nice.
I prefer FPP over TPP tho. Let those dev focus on releasing the game, and make TPP a choice after they completed the game.

We don't want another game in development hell, no?

Exactly... problem is, when you give the option to switch perspective, you always have to sacrifice something. WtM:Bloodlines had the option, and as a result, neither the FPP gunplay nor the TPP combat was any good, same goes for Skyrim and Fallout 3 (just consider all the combat mods that try to address their issues). Deus Ex had much better combat as a result of not giving the player the option to fight in TPP, but they still didn't do enough, especially with what you could do with the setting... in my opinion.

Also, and that's admittedly just conjecture, I still believe that CDPR made the conscious decision to stick to FPP exclusively not only for immersion's sake, but also because they had to, to make whatever they try to do with game work... or for technical/engine reasons.

Outside of people who get motion sick from FPP, I just don't understand people getting so upset over the game being FPP. It's not as if having an option to toggle between third and first person is a design decision that carries no opportunity cost, and as the OP said there are legitimate benefits and design considerations associated with FPP.

Problem is there is a lot of people, including myself, that suffer from motion sickness from first person shooters, and therefore cannot physically play the game that way. The only chance for us will be not buying the game, and that is not overreaction, just self preservation.
You *will* lose a consistent part of customers, if you go down that lane.

And i am sorry to say this, because i was extremely hyped at this game.

I don't understand,why first person needs someone to defence like it has been mistreated,other hand,third person has been these years fucked up and mistreated by many game companies.their excuses sounds like shit like it will make you more immerse blablabla,we third person players never bitched about it because we know third person is better ,more adaptabled,more immersable,not only by personal feeling also massive scale agreement,we don't have to defence it because we simply understant that it is truth ,but since when ,since which fucking night,third person became a bad choise unprofessional ,unfashional,who fucking started all this,bunch of games gave up third person ,if a third person game involves first person ,i respect that,everybody gets what he wants,but why? what fuck third person has done anything wrong to this world? what third person has hurt this industry?Enlight me pls,if you don't have perferct solution,choose third person pls.
Don't you ever ever think that we third person players don't defence for ourselves so that game companies can treat us like trash.

Guest 4311839

Out of all of them Which is your favourite 3rd Person Perspective, massive openworld Cyberpunk RPG?

None, and i only one cyberpunk fps/rpg. And not many 3rd person shooter i like but alot fps with good gunplay i love. And i cant name a lot of fps focus on melee but much more 3rd person "slashers" i enjoy. I dont want to say you cant done good rpg in FPP or TPP. with great gunplay or melee. Both perspectives has advantages and disadvantages. I trust they are doing this not to please more people but its suits game direction better.

Problem is there is a lot of people, including myself, that suffer from motion sickness from first person shooters, and therefore cannot physically play the game that way. The only chance for us will be not buying the game, and that is not overreaction, just self preservation.

Sorry, but, roughly 15% of humans isn't "considerable"... besides the fact that not all motion sickness is truly crippling, and not all FP content triggers it, either. I am colour blind, and suffer from a host of other sight impairments, and the drawbacks that these bring, are something I have to deal with, not the developers of the games I play... or not play.

I mean it's unfortunate that you probably won't be able to play this game, but you can't seriously expect every developer to offer a TPP mode for every game. Designing a game around TPP, or having a toggle between perspectives, is not a decision that carries no opportunity cost, and can potentially seriously impact gameplay. Also, every decision the developer makes can potentially lose customers, the fact that this game is a shooter probably cost them customers that purchased The Witcher.

Sorry, but, roughly 15% of humans isn't "considerable"... besides the fact that not all motion sickness is truly crippling, and not all FP content triggers it, either. I am colour blind, and suffer from a host of other sight impairments, and the drawbacks that these bring, are something I have to deal with, not the developers of the games I play... or not play.

While it is true that not all games make you feel very bad (like some in VR, for instance), they still make you feel kind of bad.
And why would i pay to feel bad?
Besides, if we translate that percentage to their expected sale numbers, i think 15% IS a lot of money to give up.

While it is true that not all games make you feel very bad (like some in VR, for instance), they still make you feel kind of bad.
And why would i pay to feel bad?
Besides, if we translate that percentage to their expected sale numbers, i think 15% IS a lot of money to give up.
If all of those 15% suffer from it so severly they will not buy the game outright, because of that alone... yea, no, I guess just telling CDPR that you don't like it, will be more fruitful than touting a medical condition, even if that seems to be en vogue these days.

You don't say... Hey look, statistics!
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/fp-vs-tp-perspective-matters.10970207
"TP- Third person
Votes: 292 44.2%"
"I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !
Votes: 62 9.4%"

(No, not implying you) There's something more insidious going on. A vast majority of both votes and threads content are just people vocally entitled to personal preference and desire to dress up a Ken/Barbie doll. Which on it's own is pretty whatever if a little immature to be voiced like that. But not when said people starting to cry "MOTION SICKNESS!!!" while not suffering from one. Such people will only harden CDPRs belief that nothing needs to be done. At least @kofeiiniturpa and @Suhiira have valid points. Of ALL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom