in-game clock

+
Why is the clock a 12 hour clock. Why can't we change it to a 24 hour clock? It is about evening divided about where what is used in the world

Lots of people still use the 12 hour clock. Why are your panties in a bunch over such a trivial matter? Are you determined to nitpick the game to death?

Lots of people still use the 12 hour clock. Why are your panties in a bunch over such a trivial matter? Are you determined to nitpick the game to death?

and about just as many people, if not more, use the 24 hour clock. There lots of things wrong with this game. Some aren't nitpicking. It's lazy game design

I don't know of many games that allow one to pick the time format, and considering the game is set in the U.S. the 12-hour format makes perfect sense for the English localization.

The 12-hour format is so widely used on the internet and in everything that's in English (including this forum) that it's hardly a big deal to not have an option to switch it in a game.

IMHO it's nice experiencing "foreign elements" in games when you play in certain location. It adds to the immersion, feeling like you're actually in US and get to experience it's elements. A little like traveling :). If it was a global GUI element it should follow system localization or language setting, but since it's part of game world, it makes sense to follow whatever way people of 2077 deal with clock.

IMHO it's nice experiencing "foreign elements" in games when you play in certain location. It adds to the immersion, feeling like you're actually in US and get to experience it's elements. A little like traveling :). If it was a global GUI element it should follow system localization or language setting, but since it's part of game world, it makes sense to follow whatever way people of 2077 deal with clock.
I agree, but it's a GUI element, in French version, the clock is directly set and lock in 24H mode ;)
(certainly set with localisation of your game)
I would have appreciated if it was like in Night City (NUSA), but no choice :)

Depends on your game localisation, i think.
For me, in France, it's 24H clock in the game :)
(but i have "MPH" in place of "KMH", it's intolerable)
There is an option now to use metric for speed, but I didn't find that switch for time still. Sort if weird they did one but not the other.

There is an option now to use metric for speed, but I didn't find that switch for time still. Sort if weird they did one but not the other.
They just add this option in the last update and to be fair, 12H clock vs 24H clock is not like metric vs imperial system. Here in france, we use the 24H format most of time, but we also use the 12H format when we have to read time on a watch or a clock with needles. But for me, the imperial system make absolutely no sense at all :D

So I can understandable why they add the option for speed. Speedometers in MPH never bothered me anyway, but I understand^^-

They just add this option in the last update and to be fair, 12H clock vs 24H clock is not like metric vs imperial system. Here in france, we use the 24H format most of time, but we also use the 12H format when we have to read time on a watch or a clock with needles. But for me, the imperial system make absolutely no sense at all :D

So I can understandable why they add the option for speed. Speedometers in MPH never bothered me anyway, but I understand^^-
I'm looking into if there is way to make a mod to configure the clock format :) I see it's indeed tied to language setting now, so the game ignores any system locale settings.

Hmm. See, it's the UI V has in their head. It should have the setting for the 24-hour clock, too.
The cars, however, drive in the US, which seems not to have switched away from imperial units in 2077, according to the game. They can be modded, though. My Cali in 1.63 not only displays the speed in actual km/h, but also adds the text 'km/h' after the speed value.

Yee-haaaw

the imperial system make absolutely no sense at all
Neither do clocks (nor any other kinds of displays) with hands since number displays became available.
Especially dumb are hand display modes on a digital display that could display numbers just as well.
And thus the whole AM/PM nonsense belongs in the bin along with feet, inches and miles.

I see it's indeed tied to language setting now
Yeah, just lazy. Like installing Linux in English only to find this ruins clock and date format.

and about just as many people, if not more, use the 24 hour clock. There lots of things wrong with this game. Some aren't nitpicking. It's lazy game design
It always baffles me when people jump straight to "lazy game design" because of minor things like this that are even mostly a matter of taste.

Like, a "Hey, can we maybe have an option for a 24h clock" is not only more proportionate, but also more likely to be successful than "OMG you didn't think of this detail that happens to be a personal quibble of mine, you suck", which frankly just makes you look egocentric.

Top Bottom