Iorveth? Francesca Findabair? Dol Blathanna? SPOILERS

+
I think we will never see Francesca Findabir in this game because of this `Most beautiful woman in the world ` cuz it will always be fans who is displeased with how she looks like

I think we will never see Francesca Findabir in this game because of this `Most beautiful woman in the world ` cuz it will always be fans who is displeased with how she looks like

Eh, Yennefer is not supposed to be especially beautiful.

So I'm assuming Dandelion is providing embellishments.

Eh, Yennefer is not supposed to be especially beautiful.

So I'm assuming Dandelion is providing embellishments.
I will love to see Francesca dont care how she looks, but remember first trailer with Yennefer and rant about her looks, it always will be people who will say that game sucks because it has something they dont like, like on metacritics worst game ever i cant make my own character, too much sex, why cant i kill everyone in towns, why cant Geralt bang mans, why Geralt has white hair and why cant paint it in black , if i dont agree on price why cant i kill a guy he has no use to me,stuff like that, maybe devs just wanna avoid that with Francesca

Francesca should really make an appearance.At this point,she's the only member of the Lodge who hasn't appeared in the games.

So basically you want characters who have absolutely no stake in the Story nor the region of TW3 in tw3 because they appeared in tw2 where they had a stake in. The Queen has her valley of flowers to take care of (which is stated near the end of the game either by triss or yen) and dol blathanna is a long way from velen, and also from toussaint for that matter. Iorveth or Saskia simply don't matter anymore, the pontar valley is a lot of miles upstream of vergen not to mention occupied by nilfgaard. So your choice in either iorveth and a free vergen or roche and a vergen under kaedwen rule, don't matter in tw3 since it's all nilfgaard now. And a comparison with the ME Series is pointless, in ME you stay more or less in the same region of space, you always have the citadell as a meeting place, you don't have anything like that in the witcher games, maybe the palace of vizima but the place doesn't play a big role in the games anyway. In ME you shape the Fate of the Galaxy, in TW you can change the direction of a single little wheel in a very big machine. And now in tw3 you can do the same to a different wheel in the same big machine. Now saying that TW2 is ultimately irrelevant since none of the decisions matter in tw3 is stupid and shows you have not understood what the games are all about -> Geralt and not the fate of the world or even Galaxy.

Why can't some people accept that some players are disappointed with some parts of Witcher 3 and must be insulting saying these players didn't understand the games?? I really love the game and I have fun playing it but there are some things I don't like or things I miss, too.

Roches Path in W2 took also place in Upper Aedirn, his king is dead, he has no power anymore and in the last 6 months he somehow got amnesia about what happened with Anais. But still he plays an important role in W3. So why couldn't an Iorveth be in the game, too? Upper Aedirn is occupied by Nilfgaard, so no need to stay there. Furthermore the Scoiatel should have a huge interest in underground fights against Nilfgaard because of the betrayal after the second war. And before W2 he was located in the former border region of Redania and Temeria so at least it would have made sense to see him in the start area of Witcher 3. At least as much sense as seeing Zoltan again who also stayed in Vergen (if you played Iorveths path) at the end of W2 and somehow survived the invasion of Nilfgaard.

I go along with you that there is no place for Dol Blathanna in this game. I don't think there will happen much in this area. DB was always something like a vassal state of Nilfgaard and the situation probably didn't change. Furthermore it is far away from the playable areas of W3. But after reading lots of articles about Witcher 3 in the last months and its praised huge world I personally expected a bigger world in W3 and not "just" Skellige and the region around Novigrad and Oxenfurt.

So yes, I was rather disappointed about some story inconsistencies and the absence of one former main character whose fate you don't get to know.

Last edited:
Why can't some people accept that some players are disappointed with some parts of Witcher 3 and must be insulting saying these players didn't understand the games?? I really love the game and I have fun playing it but there are some things I don't like or things I miss, too.

Roches Path in W2 took also place in Upper Aedirn, his king is dead, he has no power anymore and in the last 6 months he somehow got amnesia about what happened with Anais. But still he plays an important role in W3. So why couldn't an Iorveth be in the game, too? Upper Aedirn is occupied by Nilfgaard, so no need to stay there. Furthermore the Scoiatel should have a huge interest in underground fights against Nilfgaard because of the betrayal after the second war. And before W2 he was located in the former border region of Redania and Temeria so at least it would have made sense to see him in the start area of Witcher 3. At least as much sense as seeing Zoltan again who also stayed in Vergen (if you played Iorveths path) at the end of W2 and somehow survived the invasion of Nilfgaard.

I go along with you that there is no place for Dol Blathanna in this game. I don't think there will happen much in this area. DB was always something like a vassal state of Nilfgaard and the situation probably didn't change. Furthermore it is far away from the playable areas of W3. But after reading lots of articles about Witcher 3 in the last months and its praised huge world I personally expected a bigger world in W3 and not "just" Skellige and the region around Novigrad and Oxenfurt.

So yes, I was rather disappointed about some story inconsistencies and the absence of one former main character whose fate you don't get to know.

I agree some people here just get way too defensive if one criticizes the game in any way

Stop being silly fanboys people most here like the game but guess what its not perfect

At least we now have an idea of what Francesca looks like from the Gwent cards. They might have designed her and maybe they even have her character model but then decided not to include her in the game because it doesnt make sense for her to be in Velen or Skellige or Novigrad.

Its a real shame that she refused to help the other sorceresses and thus distanced herself from the lodge and can now forget about the emperor granting her and Ida amnesty.

Just feels like they both have their own struggles in Dol Blathanna which again, would make for an interesting expansion : )

But then, Ida appeared briefly and she doesnt really look like her gwent card. And Keira is also quite different in the gwent card.

ida is in the blue mountains and out of the reach of every emporer anyway. Franseca is already under the protection of nilfgaard and dont need amnesty

Well I think that the emperor kinda pissed her off with the war and maybe even attacked her because Roche said something about fighting at Dol Blathanna and to me it sounded as if he was protecting Dol Blathanna from Nilfgaard.

mhh interesting, he didnt said anything to me, gotta pay attention on my 2nd playthrough for this. on the other hand it would be a nice detail if it would bite franseca in the *piiieeep* for sacreficing the Scoia'tael and now needing them ^^

He said exactly this:

"When Nilfgaard crosed the Yaruga, I dropped everything, threw it all away to hell and rode for the front to fight the invader. Joined the 2nd Temerian Army under John Natalis. We were to stop the Black One´s advance along Dol Blathanna - Mount Carbon line.
And we did. For three days. The they smashed us into splinters."

Its one of the 2 side dialogues you have available with him.

So I don´t know, difficult to tell on whose side Francesca is.

So I don´t know, difficult to tell on whose side Francesca is.
Dol Blathanna is a vassal kingdom by the grace of emhyr and remained that way since the peace of cintra, the whol Dol Blathanna -Mount Carbon line is just a geographical/strategical reference

Thats true but then why would she refuse to help Ciri when she knows that it is also the Emperor´s interest. She wouldn´t disobey him unless she no longer liked him.

well she is the queen /duchess and she has no reason to be with the lodge anymore. she wanted her elfen kingdom and she got it for a high price

Yes but by not helping Ciri, she disobeyed the Emperor. She doesnt care about the lodge but saying no to the emperor might not be a good idea for her.

I don't care much about consequences, I understand it's not possible to get several endings from previous story and continue with every one of them. War changes things and I have no problem to deal with fact that my decisions haven't changed world. (It's not bad for me how Henselt's life had no impact on Redania's victory).

On the other hand, when there is not even explained well how happened what happened, that is really bad.
Lack of characters and missing stories - that is different thing. Saesenthessis, Iorveth, Francesca and others ... just one damn quest with dragon or one stupid note in diary.
I think this game was presented too early. It seems to me that devs could not put there everything they should. The next reason why I hope this is not the last witcher game.. The story is just short. On the other hand - stories of Dol Blathanna, Brokilon or Scoia'tael aventures are great material for Geralt's sequel adventures.

Top Bottom