Is it just me or Nilfgaard is absolutely ridiculous right now?

+
Jurus331;n9773551 said:
All of this is incredibly situational and very draw dependent. A deck like this will dominate its opponent just as many times as it will work against its user.

My experience so far suggests that this is a lot less situational than you imply.

tortugueta;n9773671 said:
My experience so far suggests that this is a lot less situational than you imply.

Then I would suggest you play a few matches with that deck yourself.

I have been far from one that complains for nerfs on every card that is above average, and so I think that makes me separate from the crowd that finds fault with almost everything in this game. Having said that, I think the reveal archetype was overly buffed; particularly with the Venedal Elites in addition to Alchemist being able to reveal 2 cards instead of just one.

Venedal Elites should 100% not be able to affect gold units, probably not disloyal units like the example of Cantarella (particularly bothersome in round 3), and maybe not even silver units. This is a bronze unit we are talking about that can weakened every type of enemy unit that is revealed in someone's hand to 1 in addition to Venedal Elites getting boosted by the enemy's base strength.

This happened with ST at the beginning of last season in late August. ST needed to be buffed, but CR Projekt Red made ST way too unbalanced. Now reveal Nilfgard is overpowered after sorely needing a buff. There is no middle ground apparently.

Last edited:
Well, although the game is treated in many ways as if it's Live, I guess we should remember that they still call it Beta. And we're all theoretically Beta Testers. And at this rate we're going to be Beta Testers until the next decade. They break as many game mechanics and archetypes as they fix. And there are still a boatload of Golds that rarely if ever see play since the Gold Immunity update that they haven't even begun to address. I hear so many great things about the Witcher games but apparently they assigned the worst of the worst of the worst to work on Gwent.

Last edited:
quantum_number;n9772011 said:
It seems powerful now, but I think we should give it time to see how it plays out.

The problem is how inconsistent the balancing has been. Devs: "No more 22 point woodland spirit", hello 20 point Morvran Voorhis.

Leader cards are suppose to be better than normal golds. if you say it that way, then Morvran was able to achieve 19 points before the patch

And leaders like Henselt or Foltest are also 20+ given certain situation

I think we need more than one day of playing with the new cards before screaming nerf! After a couple of days, if it is obviously busted then you can expect a hotfix.

Jurus331;n9774231 said:
Then I would suggest you play a few matches with that deck yourself.

Seems people are following your advice.

I just played 6 ladder matches in a row. EVERY one of them played the exact same NG reveal deck. It was not remotely fun or interesting.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned that revealing cards in a card game is ridiculous. "Anyone up for a game of poker, cribbage, or gin rummy? Oh forgot to mention, the way we play is you just show everyone your cards while you're playing. What do you mean you're not playing? Why are you leaving? It's SOOOOOOO fun that way!!!"

IMHO, its obviously busted. I'll be back (maybe) after a hotfix.

I don't think you'll run them at all run them at all, I could be wrong but when I was running spies it was hard to have both enough spies to play in a turn to achieve good point values out of the impera units, I was really struggling to fit things into that deck like any tech cards. Though maybe I'm looking at it all the wrong way, maybe it should be like a 30 card deck morvran that hyperthins with imperial golems and runs avalach to sustain the rounds out longer. But yeah this is why I never liked spies, I feel like it doesn't have much room 'push for shove'.

Not to mentioning NG,
Spellcoia'tael is out of control too.
They've become more broken, and also not fun to play against.
Really, no fun.
They were good decks before, but after updates with new spell cards...DAMN...
They just spam the f out of you with what ever spells they got, and at 3rd round, BOOM HERE COMES THREE 18point [h=1]DOL BLATHANNA PROTECTORs[/h] Seriously, if I play rank right now, there are only four OP decks played again and again.
1. Spell Deck
2. Spy Deck
3. Skellige Deck
4. Reveal Deck

I understand you want to go high up in the rank this season, but if everyone play op archtype what is the point of this game?
Is it Gwent? or I'll only play OP deck to win?
I'm thinking maybe I'll just pass this season.

Every patch brings more unbalanced features. King Bran playing two golds cards and restore 20 points, spell deck with farseers and protectors 20 dmg each, spies with imperas and nauzicaa 16-20 points, and now consume with 9 nekkers 20 points each. Opponent cant do anything to stop those plays.

Mean-Bastich;n9771661 said:
The game became even less balanced. How do you think, could a SK-player compare to that? I am happy, if I get the right cards on my hand, playing them and KEEPING them is nearly impossible.

THere are 10 times more SK than NG in top 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casual player here.

I used to like this game. Uninstalled - Xbox One and PC. Ya'll have fun with it as I have had enough.

Nobody is complaining about Fringilla Vigo combo (with cahir and Emhir)? You can find an example in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxLcSkbrD0 minute 6:45. I think it is quite flip a coin win/lose game. You have scorch, igni or villi (Bork), you win; otherwise you are doomed.

In the past they removed these kind of tactics, I remember the reinforced trebuchet buffed, adrenaline rushed, promoted and copied with Foltest was removed from the gameplay. Also, commanders horn was changed to not double the cards of the row, because it was too much. With Fringilla, you almost double the value of a card, that to my thinking, makes a similar tactic.

I found these decks several times and I find them quite annoying. But I see that no-one else complains, so I leave it here.

Last edited:
tortugueta;n9772181 said:
1st card: Morvran Voorhis -> pulls Imperial Golems and Daerlan Foot Soldier. I don't remember exactly how many of each, but the total tally was 20 points. And here I thought that harpies had been changed because "no more 21 point swings".
2nd card: Alchemist -> reveals two fire scorpions. 8 points plus the scorpions kill my Yarpen Zigrin. 15 point swing (initially I had wrongly stated 16 point swing) plus shuts down a critical card in my deck.
3rd card: Venedal elite -> Copies the power of my Schirru. 19 point swing (initially I had stated wrongly 20 point swing). It is worth noting here that there is shite you can do against this.
4rd card: If I remember correctly, another Venedal elite for 14 point swing, but I might be wrong.

At this point I pass because why the fukc bother.

You are right in the power of the plays, but if you played better it would'nt have been this devastating. If anything the deck is extremely predictable. They will reveal your cards and can shoot a several times for 4. If you've played the deck before, you'd know it's foolish to open with Yarpen, so that's on you. If you have 2 big cards that were revealed you're screwed with Elite, but you could've played the Schirru upon reveal. If you played another big unit the second Elite would've probably been way less then 14.

I assume this is the first time you've faced the deck and it's kinda early to cry out for nerfs after a sole experience against a deck or a card. If not, then sorry to say this but a lot of this is on you. I often play Reveal myself but if my opponent plays well around it and makes the right passes, I will lose.

Marginal0;n9780121 said:
you'd know it's foolish to open with Yarpen
when do you play yarpen? at the end of the game, when it does not have any more value? Yarpen is a target, always, but you gamble playing at the beginning to get the maximum value.
Marginal0;n9780121 said:
but you could've played the Schirru upon reveal
I see you never played Schirru, you want to know if you have a scorch target or not before you use it, typically at the end of the game, such as fringilla combo.

I tried to make my own reveal deck and found it to be easy to disrupt. If I mistime my mangonels, I'm done, and there is no nenneke to get them back. The worst part is that cloning a mangonel with operator just gives them the same tool to plop down and generate points from reveals, and now we have muzzle as well.

For me, making a reveal deck helped me deal with them. This tactic has been my best tool to learn the weaknesses of the enemy deck, or else I end up just reacting to the point values and all just seem like a whirlwind of points flying around the screen.

Just like a spy deck: if you don't know about menno, and someone plops down a spy letho, you can't expect to win.

Last edited:
Top Bottom