Is this just me duck weirdness

+
For some reason lots of actions are set to only work when the key is released. Is this just me?
I cannot duck or stand unless I hit the C key and let go quickly. It doesn't activate upon press only on release. Same with reload.

That makes no sense. Not only that but the time to release is really fast, less than a second. So if you press and release too slowly, no duck, no reload, etc.

This cannot be how they programmed it.

Sometimes I feel the keys feel kind of clunky or unresponsive. (regarding reload or also using the consumable on X)

but for your issue: C is the crouch toggle and CTRL is the thing you're looking for. I generally used ctrl early on, but switched to C-toggle but unfortunately this can be problematic when you want to stand up again (C) and accidently skip dialogue that just happen to appear that very moment :D

Yeah, I use duck toggle in COD MW as well, but it activates when the key is pressed., It makes no sense to activate only when the key is released.

Cold War does this not for ducking down on toggle, pressing the C key ducks down on press, but to stand back up you have to press the key then release it.

Try this. When standing, press and hold C down, don't let go for 3 seconds. Did you duck?

Well I never played CoD, but I know from your explanation what you mean. I think it kind of depends on the person, but I may agree that in this particular case it would be kind of nice to have a "toggle" on how you want to use it.

From League of Legends there's that option because it (probably?) makes a competitive difference and to suit it more to ones tastes.

I tried it out just now and you're right about that. I didn't crouch down. So fair point from your perspective I guess.

Top Bottom