......Is this the end?

+
Nothing major will happen, imo. CDPR may lose the case, may have some regime changes, but even if the company has financial troubles, Microsoft will probably bail them out and buy it up, which isn't even a bad thing. The IP's are what's important.

Yeah, just BYE BYE DRM free games and free DLCs... instead, they will be selling expansions for full price and you would get 30 DLCs for 10$ each... or rather, you would get lootboxes in game, each 5$... pure money grab...

I doubt any current investor is going to be interested in the lawsuit, as it would tank stock prices, and they'd lose money on the deal, so the lawsuit is going to be past investors who are selling their stocks. From what the stocks are showing, none of the current stockholders are selling, which means they don't see a lengthy and pricey lawsuit coming to fruition anytime soon, or an out-of-court settlement that will dip into profits that hasn't already been accounted for in projections.

Now the other thing to consider is that some investors are hedging their bets, and holding onto their stocks, while feeling out the potential for the lawsuit. Risky but not totally unheard of.
Stock prices already tanked. That's the point.
40% of CDPR's shares are held by management. 60% are free float. Among that 60% are 191 institutional shareholders. Institutional shareholders aren't fans -- they're market performance maximizers. If they feel that their net loss can be best mitigated by participating in a lawsuit, then that's what they will do. Right now that's a big "if", that many of them will be actively assessing. No way of knowing which way they'll go, but a suit is not improbable. Keep in mind that there are also ADR / ADS shares to deal with under U.S. securities jurisdiction.

Last edited:
The bigger impact is scaring away potential investors.

I see your point and would agree, if it wasn't for the fact this is the video game industry. It's generally very stable and has only seen growth in the law few decades. Even in times of crisis, it just keeps growing. Strangely enough gaming is a luxury we place above so many more essential stuff. On top of that, it's well known the gaming community has the average memory of a goldfish.

If CDPR follows through and fixes the game I doubt it would scare off potential investors. Of course, it's all speculation.

40% of CDPR's shares are held by management. 60% are free float. Among that 60% are 161 institutional shareholders. Institutional shareholders aren't fans -- they're market performance maximizers. If they feel that their net loss can be best mitigated by participating in a lawsuit, then that's what they will do. Right now that's a big "if", that many of them will be actively assessing. No way of knowing which way they'll go, but a suit is not improbable. Keep in mind that there are also ADR / ADS shares to deal with under U.S. securities jurisdiction.

Here, the law class uses an expression more or less like this 'until they prove that the Horse's head has no horns, an eternity'. It is that logic of, even with processes, it takes years because they are very big interests and big interests involved. That's why I don't even get into this debate because, what matters to me, is the game.

Here, the law class uses an expression more or less like this 'until they prove that the Horse's head has no horns, an eternity'. It is that logic of, even with processes, it takes years because they are very big interests and big interests involved. That's why I don't even get into this debate because, what matters to me, is the game.

Don't see it as a debate, see it as a casual conversation.

We're merely discussing the potential of a lawsuit and it's potential ramifications on both CDPR and CP2077

That's very possible. I view everything from the standpoint of U.S. securities law. Things might be very different in Poland.

That's not why he's suing. He's suing because he's saying that the Board of Directors purposely lied to their investors about the status of the game, specifically on Xbox and Playstation, in order to willful deceive them and make money.

That's literally what material misrepresentation means. Besides, he hasn't actually filed the case as per the video. He's still trying to gather evidence of misrepresentation to see if it would go to trial. Which, it wouldn't but, the dude might get some of his money back. Just because the CEO said "Surprisingly well" so so objective, you would need more evidence to back up that they literally were giving "materially false information". Such as, "90% of console users are able to experience XYZ technical requirements" and that was a blatant lie, you likely do not have a case of intentional fraud. What this lawyer is doing are what all lawyers do, they get a settlement out of court and take their 50% legal fees. They would love to get their hands on a class action because it means millions to the law firm.

Honestly, you really think you have been "defrauded"? I can name dozens of games that had worse releases than CP2077.

40% of CDPR's shares are held by management. 60% are free float. Among that 60% are 191 institutional shareholders. Institutional shareholders aren't fans -- they're market performance maximizers. If they feel that their net loss can be best mitigated by participating in a lawsuit, then that's what they will do. Right now that's a big "if", that many of them will be actively assessing. No way of knowing which way they'll go, but a suit is not improbable. Keep in mind that there are also ADR / ADS shares to deal with under U.S. securities jurisdiction.

They haven't exactly tanked. They dropped over 40% yes, but they haven't hit their low point yet (which was just over 14 usd). Not good in any case, but they've shown the ability to improve their stocks before, so as a potential investor I have to ask will they do it again, and now if I think they can, is the time to buy, before the expansions are announced and other investors start buying into it.

Yet right now they're not buying either, or at least their buying/selling is staying at about even pace. But they're no longer jumping ship either.

So if I'm a long term investor, or I'm a billionaire managemer in CDPR, this may not be a bad thing, maybe this is the time to buy.

But here's an interesting thing to look at. Like you said the 40% of the shares are owned by management, 60% are free float. Stock prices have dropped just over 40%. Assuming that management isn't selling their stocks, that kind of means that most of their free float stocks are back on the market, except for about the same percentage of stocks that are institutional shareholders. Now why would institutional shareholders hold onto stocks on a sinking ship. They wouldn't.

So either they've already bailed, and it's just long term hopefuls that are holding onto their free float stocks, or they see something we don't.

Question is, is the game still unplayable after Patch 1.05 on consoles? because i saw people reporting its better now.. which means, there could've been some screwup with the release, certain optimization was not used on day1 patch as it should be, and game released without it, which caused huge problem... After all, 1.05 was released relatively fast, and we don't really know all the details what actually happened...

After all, their original explanation why no Console previews was that game was pushed into production sooner than final build, so without Day1 patch it would be unplayable - so what if stuff intended for day 1 patch was not added in time for some reason?

Something that should have in this world are laws and international bodies that regulate the industry of games for consumers. Define parameters, etc. but this is a debate that would go on for a long time and doesn’t concern here because it would involve other topics.

But I end here with this topic.

That's literally what material misrepresentation means. Besides, he hasn't actually filed the case as per the video. He's still trying to gather evidence of misrepresentation to see if it would go to trial. Which, it wouldn't but, the dude might get some of his money back. Just because the CEO said "Surprisingly well" so so objective, you would need more evidence to back up that they literally were giving "materially false information". Such as, "90% of console users are able to experience XYZ technical requirements" and that was a blatant lie, you likely do not have a case of intentional fraud. What this lawyer is doing are what all lawyers do, they get a settlement out of court and take their 50% legal fees. They would love to get their hands on a class action because it means millions to the law firm.

Honestly, you really think you have been "defrauded"? I can name dozens of games that had worse releases than CP2077.

No I don't think I've been defrauded, but that's just me. If you're asking me to guess what's going on, it's pretty much what you've seen. A guy who bought a few shares into the company, at least enough to be able to get shareholder reports, is seeing an opportunity as an ambulance chaser to get a few bucks out of the company.

All the company has to do is say "We said we expect it to go surprisingly well" and it's all over for the case, so I agree that I see it more as a hope for an out-of-court settlement to make the whole thing go away, before the class action even occurs, with the hope that the threat of a lawsuit, and the potential for loss of investors, is enough to scare the Board of Directors into a million dollar settlement directly into my coffers.

Still the loss of investors as a Board member, is what I'm most concerned about now. The lawsuit on merit can be ignored, Company lawyers, paid on retainer, will deal with the majority of it. What I'm concerned with is how much do I lose from loss of potential investor confidence.

ok guys so what you want ? do you wish CDPR to be crushed and destroyed by lawsuits because of their faulty mistake and keep the game as it is ? or you want them to redeem themselves with insane comeback ?

ok guys so what you want ? do you wish CDPR to be crushed and destroyed by lawsuits because of their faulty mistake ? or you want them to redeem themselves with insane comeback ?

The answer to that is pretty obviously that everyone (except for a few trolls) wants CDPR to do well. Despite what some may think this thread is rather positive as most of us don't think this lawsuit is going anywhere that could really harm CDPR and by extension CP2077 and GOG.

Question is, is the game still unplayable after Patch 1.05 on consoles? because i saw people reporting its better now.. which means, there could've been some screwup with the release, certain optimization was not used on day1 patch as it should be, and game released without it, which caused huge problem... After all, 1.05 was released relatively fast, and we don't really know all the details what actually happened...

After all, their original explanation why no Console previews was that game was pushed into production sooner than final build, so without Day1 patch it would be unplayable - so what if stuff intended for day 1 patch was not added in time for some reason?

And that's the nail that's going to make the lawsuit worthless, past the potential loss of potential investors. All the company has to say is "We expected the day 1 patch (which they told in investors about) would improve the consoles play-ability into acceptable perimeters but unforeseen issues with the patch didn't make this so."

With that one comment I've gone from willfully to mistake, which decriminalizes the entire thing, and makes the lawsuit worthless.

I think everyone needs to just chill the F out. We have had a terribly difficult year this year, all of the AAA games studios have screwed up their launches and ongoing game content this year, COD Warzone has been rifed with cheaters, Destiny 2 the same. Everyone has had to change their entire way of life and how they deliver work to their employers. I understand that people are frustrated but there is no point suing the company, burying the game and screwing it for all the people that are now invested in the game's story.

I am onto my 3rd playthrough of this game, on PC, the game works fine, the bugs are little. Yes I acknowledge that other people are not so lucky, however its not like the studio took everyone's money and ran away, they have already said they are going to fix the issues otherwise their entire studio brand will suffer for it. We know the Execs of CDPR pushed the employees to deliver and we now know that there is essentially a mutiny situation going on there with the employees throwing this bad management back up to the top and pushing back on their failure, lets put our faith in the staff at CDPR that want to fix the game and try to polish it. Don't punish them, show some compassion.

ok guys so what you want ? do you wish CDPR to be crushed and destroyed by lawsuits because of their faulty mistake and keep the game as it is ? or you want them to redeem themselves with insane comeback ?
I would like them to redeem themselves and restore the game back to what it was in 2018. I would like them to make the PC version all it could be instead of console-matching it. Hell I'd not only pay for DLC if they did that, but would buy the game all over again just to support them. Hell I'd pay double the price for it. I just want the experience I've been looking forward to for so many goddamn years.

Top Bottom