Issues we need to settle

+
Issues we need to settle

1. First person or 3rd person
2. GTA styled city or Yakuza styled (no cars)
3. Aesthetics: 80s Cyberpunk or Modern Mass Effect
4. Combat: Real time or Turn based
5. Silent protagonist or voice acted
6. Protagonist with a preset personality and backstory or clean slate
7. Drivable vehicles or not
8. Hacking: Real simulated hacking/script kiddie or combat in cyberspace
9. MP: ingame or seperate arena shooter
10. Picking set roles eg Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, Netrunner or just 1 character that encompasses all of them.
11. Having an origin story for each character like DA:Origins or same backstory for all.

what else?

10. Picking set roles eg Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, Netrunner or just 1 character that encompasses all of them.
11. Having an origin story for each character like DA:Origins or same backstory for all.

what else?

AD 4) No chance of having turn based combat
AD 10) You will be able to pick roles

1. I'm up for both, each one apply to different use, like melee require 3rd person, when shooting is better at first.

3. I'm done with those overused style, let CP77 find it's own universe and style, 80's cyberpunk wouldn't fit with the idea of showing a soon future from now, it would on the opposite, disconnect the player from the idea "tomorrow may look like this" (just like Alien Isolation, as great as it was, just played on the nostalgia factor) Mass Effect or the other hand, hasn't anything to do with Cyberpunk, it's much on the "Star Trek" side, where everything is bland, nice looking and not "rock'n roll" at all.
I'd rather have a new "vision" on the Cyberpunk, instead of re-using the same stuff over and over, I'd like to be surprised, that CDPR show me that they're creative, not just skilled to steal other people's work...

4. Combats are going to be Real Time, stop fooling yourselves...

Last edited:
1. I'm up for both, each one apply to different use, like melee require 3rd person, when shooting is better at first.

[...

The worst thing they can do is to provide both. Too many compromises. Neither of them would be as good as it could be if they focus one one.

The worst thing they can do is to provide both. Too many compromises. Neither of them would be as good as it could be if they focus one one.

Sure, having a button to push your camera a few meters behind your character so you don't have to deal with crappy 1st person close combat mecanics is a hell of a compromise.
GTA V has the ability to switch, and it works pretty well, so is Fallout etc...
Just moving the camera isn't what I'd call a "compromise", you can do this in 5mn and won't change any mecanics in the game.

A real compromise is to know what kind of design applying on the game, if it's gonna be more "investigation" or more "action oriented", not just a camera thing, it's purely esthetic.

In a game where you'll have to deal between gun fights and martial arts / melee weapon, either you stick it to 3rd person, either you add the possibility to switch, but 1st person is just awful when it comes to fist fight (mostly in a lethal game, where you'll spend your time dying and rolling another character just because you can't have any sense of distance, space or range during a melee fight).

Or else, just keep in 3rd person and call it a day.

1 third person
2 gta and yakuza with cars and motorcicles and flying vehicles
3 80's and future cyberpunk, it's 2077
4 real time!
5 voice acted!
6 backstory
7 drivable vehicles!
8 real simulated and combat in cyberspace
9 MP: coop, separated
10 1 character with many skills
11 same backstory

what else?: the cybergirl from the teaser as playable character or at least as preset to play as her

1. Many FP games have the option of a 3rdP view. So not really an issue.
2. Neither. A Night City styled city with vehicles.
3. A fusion of the two perhaps.
4. It will be RT.
5. Silent.
6. A clean slate.
7. Vehicles you can drive, fly, crash...
8. Hacking simulation. Combat in cyberspace just becomes 4.
9. If we have to have MP then make it separate.
10. Pick a role and make it work for you. These Jack-of-all-trade types get boring quickly. Also it makes the game replayable. Finish it as a Rockerboy/Girl, next time as a Cop or Solo or ...

1. Tpp Fpp switchable if not possible only TPP
2. GTA styled city
3. Sorry but the 80 style needs to be present.. is also one of the core feature of the setting...of course yes even some 90 style
4. Real time
5. Silent sorry... i want a role play game not an interactive movie.. if you will have a voiced protagonist you most likely end will less option on the roleplay department..
6. Clean state (so it could actually be my character not another shepard)
7. Off course driveable vehicles
8.Both if possible
9. Coop allow us to accept job to execute whit our friends.. Or a free mode like gta one.
10. Pick a role and make it work for you. These Jack-of-all-trade types get boring quickly. Also it makes the game replayable. Finish it as a Rockerboy/Girl, next time as a Cop or Solo or ... (copy paste)

what else?

1. Preferably 3rd person, but if the gameplay is designed without compromises regardless of perspective, either will do fine.
2. Never played Yakuza. I would hope the game won't be like GTA or its copycats. CDPR has implied two sandboxes. What I would like from that line of thinking is two large "overworld maps" with largeish (to warrant drivable vehicles) hubs the player can freely travel between. If there were vehicles, so be it... as long as the game isn't "about" driving in a similiar sense as GTA is (like 75% of the game).
3. I would prefer 80's cyberpunk. I like the retro feel much better than going all out modern day interpretation of the future.
4. It's going to be real time (and I do hope that doesn't come at the cost of a proper RPG design), but I would hope that "tactical mode" they've implied would offer some sort of a TB analogue.
5. Silent. Always. No two questions abou it.
6. Clean slate by default. The "Lifepath" feature of CP2020 can handle backgrounds.
7. If they were in, I'd hope there to be appropriate skills to govern that. So one can build a character that hasn't necessarily ever driven a car and has to go through the hoops to learn it.
8. Neither. A skill check does just fine (with an attempt timer).
9. Separate. Completely detached from the singleplayer experience and causing no compromises therein. And preferably delivered after the base game is ready.
10. Picking roles. I'll be disappointed if it's a single all around character.
11. No origin stories - DA like nor anything else. That said, there could be a singular opening event that kicks off the game where every career (class) is represented in their own given role (as chosen by the player). E.g. a rock concert where "something" happens. If you play a corp, you might be the manager; if a cop, you be there to arrest said corp; if a solo, you might be there as a mercenary with a job to kill someone; if a medic, you'd be part of the staff; as a fixer, you'd be a drugdealer in the event; etc. Every class with their own unique little questline within what ever it is that happens there, and which leads you to the opening of the game proper (possibly just arriving to NC due to how events unfolded and having no past ties to it). Every time, though, the characters origin would be as determined by the "possible" lifepath feature and other choices at character creation.

You don't want to pick a role?

The problem with picking a role in a game the size of Cyberpunk is that, it adds replay value to a game that you may only complete twice, so it's not necessary. I appreciated it to degree in games like Alpha Protocol or Kotor, but I replayed those games maybe 5 or 6 times. I am still slogging my way through my second Witcher 3 run.

1) Both if possible
2) Why not something in between?
3)It needs its own aesthetics, so definitely 80s ultra futuristic cyberpunk.
4)Real time, that's a no brainer
5)I prefer voiced if they can manage to perfect everything else.
6)This one should be up to the players imo, so more towards clean slate.
7)def drivable vehicles, but not as emphasized as GTA.
8 )cyberspace combat sounds very interesting and cool.
9)no comment, shouldn't even be there imo.
10)set roles, but I'd like to see some variation from within those classes.
11)Having origin story for each character sounds great, but time consuming. Hope CDPR does this though.

Oh yea, I also really really hope CDPR allows us to mod the game a lot easier with a dedicated mod. The sky's the limit.

Last edited:
If it were up to me:

1) 3rd Person
2) GTA Styled
3) 80's Cyberpunk / Ghost In The Shell
4) Real Time for sure
5) Voice Acted would be cool, how its done in Fallout 4 was really cool.
6) Fresh clean slate character that you build how you want
7) Driveable Vehicles for sure
8 ) Simulated Hacking would be neat, having a command line to input commands that you would have to learn.
9) Multiplayer im totally unsure about haha
10) I'd like to build a character that can level abilities, like Fallout, Skyrim etc..

Forum veteran
Since everyone's turning this thread into their own personal vision board:

1.) 2nd person.
2.) Neither, and it's sad that some would be okay with a cookie-cutter world that's been done before.
3.) Retrofuturistic, but dipping into the 90s for the retro. Hell yes to pink shirts and bright green shorts.
4.) Both. Transistor did it. Arcanum did it. Lots of games pull it off successfully.
5.) Voice acted by a mute person. Everyone wins!
6.) Both again. New Vegas gave you a blank slate with just enough back story to work as motivation.
7.) If you can't drive vehicles, how are you supposed to run over all the children on the streets?
8.) Uplink-style, but more confusing; if it takes less than 5 hours and several internet searches to open a browser, the game has failed at hacking.
9.) I've a strong belief that no members of parliament should be in the game.
10.) There should be classes, but all of them should be Rockerboy.
11.) Unique back stories that all lead to the main character being punched in the larynx and losing their voice.

Top Bottom