Its funny in the USA

+
myatomicgard3n said:
yea our country has known nothing but violence from our early history so we have grown to accept and expect violence, but we shelter sex because if kids learn about it, they will go do it.
You think no one else had a violent history??? There are some really good documentaries out there that explain the truth about why America is so violent tended (10,000+ times the gun related killings than any other large countries). We are raised on fear. Every country has violent games, violent movies etc. But playing games/movies doesn't make you afraid for more than the moment, unless you have mental problems telling reality from make believe. Our problem with violence is our news coverage contantly spewing negativity at us which in turn promotes fear which promotes violence... Vicious circle. If they'd just take a look at how other contries do thier news... Anyway... I agree that allowing a game and movies to have murder without a thought but see one nipple and no one is allowed to feel ok watching it is very immoral. I also think this censorship has the opposit effect it is aiming for. When a breast is seen it becomes a big deal and a sexual thing, instead of just being a breast.Freedom of speech: When did America have that? Gosh starting in 2009 I can't even talk on a forum/email/ etc obscenely without chance of getting fined/jailed. (New law going into effect January, how strict is it going to be enforced? Public Act 095-0849 for those interested. Pretty much anything that is for phone call harrasment and such now is also for electronic communication as well.). And since the word Obscene is relative to interrpretation and the people to be are very conservative...I never thought MY country was free. Maybe me ancestors but not mine. We have rule even forbidding us to spank our own kids now (not that I heard anyone get in trouble for that but it is there). "Ignorance of law is no excuse" and they never really tell anyone the new laws until you break them, you have to go look them up or hope the news will tell you about some of the bizare ones. I don't truly own anything, I have to pay yearly for my land, house, car, etc even if they are paid off. I can't live out in the middle of a forest on my own land growing my own food etc, you just can't do that any more (not that I'd want to I grew up having food given to me not on a farm so wouldn't know how to do all that.)Anyone who thinks this country is free needs to wake up and pay attention. Though in reality no country can be 100% free, but our country though once the most free has become quite restricted.I think I'm done venting :)

That's not only ironic fact in USA. They always say that democracy has been born in USA, but when you look at they president voting based on points from every state... well ill just say that on Bush had 48% of Americans and 52% on Kerry (if i remember good his second name) and still Bush won. It seems that Americans aren't as much democratic as they think. ;)

Kawalorn said:
That's not only ironic fact in USA. They always say that democracy has been born in USA, but when you look at they president voting based on points from every state... well ill just say that on Bush had 48% of Americans and 52% on Kerry (if i remember good his second name) and still Bush won. It seems that Americans aren't as much democratic as they think. ;)
Yep unfortunately they still go by the way outdated electoral college for voting. I think those who don't vote shouldn't get a voice. If you want to be heard then vote. The electoral college was designed so it accounts for the population of the states so if one person only voted in my state they'd be speaking for eveyone in the state.... Definately outdated and non-functional. Of course voters voting simply to vote, rather than knowing anything about the people they are voting for also has a lot to do with Bush getting re-elected.

phalzyr said:
Of course voters voting simply to vote, rather than knowing anything about the people they are voting for also has a lot to do with Bush getting re-elected.
Yes. Every election day, hordes of people run around telling everyone that it's their civic duty to vote, and I feel like saying, "No, it's your civic duty to inform yourself about the candidates and then vote. If you don't know anything, stay the h*ll home!"It'd be nice if one had to pass a test on what the candidates' positions are in order to be eligible to vote, except that there's no one that we could trust to make up the test. *sigh*

Corylea said:
It'd be nice if one had to pass a test on what the candidates' positions are in order to be eligible to vote, except that there's no one that we could trust to make up the test. *sigh*
I said the same thing to my wife once. Have to pass a test to qualify to vote. A lot of people either vote do to peer pressure/media harrasment (sign, billboards, every f... wher you go people telling who to vote for but not why...) or "hey I'm democratic/republican so check there ya go" not caring that most politicians aren't truly one or the other. though I'd take the test to more than just what they "SAY" they are going to do because that more often than not is just BS to get elected. They should have stuff over what the guys are currently doing. I.E. Our gov (if he was the one running) makes us pay for airplane rides from home every night because his wife doesn't feel like moving.... True or false... I'd have to circle true...

I mean that AMERICANS says that democracy was born i their country. ;)To say the truth democracy the way it exist today was created in USA but it was first used in Athens. Now almost all coutries have it besides USA (democracy not Athens).

"Athenian" origin of democracy is rather a myth born during the time of Enlightenment. It was simply fancy back then to give classical origin to everything. The truth however is that there is absolutely no historical link between Athenian and modern democracies. Plus, democracy as is worked in ancient Athens was *VERY* different to what we understand under this term.American and generally Western democracies take their roots from democratic assemblies of barbaric peoples. Such assemblies were called Witan in Anglosaxon England, Ting by ancient Norse and Germans and Vet' by ancient Slavs*. These assemblies evolved into Medieval parliaments of Estates (social classes) and later into modern parliaments.*Similarity between Witan and Vet' is not superficial. Both words share same Indoeuropean origin.

Kawalorn said:
I mean that AMERICANS says that democracy was born i their country. ;)To say the truth democracy the way it exist today was created in USA but it was first used in Athens. Now almost all coutries have it besides USA (democracy not Athens). :p
I had a long post saying to that effect, but didn't want to speak for you. Though mine was less kind on American's typical way of thinking... I got a little too mean in what I was going to say before I decided to let you respond first ;) I calmed down since (it was a rough day) so I'll keep what I think about our typical government employee to myself mostly...

The Puritans -- gone, but SO not forgotten.= quote from CoryleaI soooo want to put this on stationary and use it in my correspondences. The US has too many hold-overs from the 1800's for my tastes. But thank Goodness we don't have to wear ankle length dresses and corsets. Our corsets are mental and there is no breathing allowed. I do think it has to do with public image and extremist outcry for why they sensored the card content.PS my son saw nipples many times before he was one. He turned out ok. but he does have a boob fetish.

etainne said:
The Puritans -- gone, but SO not forgotten.= quote from CoryleaI soooo want to put this on stationary and use it in my correspondences.
Be my guest!
Our corsets are mental and there is no breathing allowed.
I've read analyses of the current mania for thinness in women that say that it used to be that a woman's body was subject to external control, in the form of a corset, and now it's subject to internal control, in the form of a diet. The author argued that corsets were less restrictive than constant dieting, because corsets can be taken off. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but she has a point.
He turned out ok. but he does have a boob fetish.
This makes him different from other men how? :)

Corset Vs. Diet. Well they can stop being on the diet too, so that point really isn't valid. It just boils down to the amount of time results are noticable. I don't like size 0 women myself. Skinny is OK but there is such a thing as too far.Boob fetish: Just a normal boy/man then. Though I'm not in that respect. I wouldn't consider myself to have a boob fetish, though every male friend of mine does. OHHH boobies. :D (No I'm not gay.)My wife just started playing TWEE :D, I already saw her bed two women (in game). Too bad vesna died on her...

phalzyr said:
Corset Vs. Diet. Well they can stop being on the diet too, so that point really isn't valid.
I guess I didn't explain the author's point clearly enough. The idea was that a corset -- the external figure restraint -- enables a woman to appear as she is "supposed to" in public, but she can take it off in private. With diets, however -- the internal figure restraint -- if a woman wants to appear the way she's "supposed to" in public, she cannot take the diet off in private. See the difference?
My wife just started playing TWEE :D, I already saw her bed two women (in game). Too bad vesna died on her...
Oh, she should restore from save; Vesna's too much fun to miss!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
The Puritans -- gone, but SO not forgotten.= quote from CoryleaI soooo want to put this on stationary and use it in my correspondences.
Be my guest!
Our corsets are mental and there is no breathing allowed.
I've read analyses of the current mania for thinness in women that say that it used to be that a woman's body was subject to external control, in the form of a corset, and now it's subject to internal control, in the form of a diet. The author argued that corsets were less restrictive than constant dieting, because corsets can be taken off. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but she has a point.
Not all of us have boob fetish. I for instance have a green converse all-stars fetish.

Corylea: I understood what you meant. I just disagree with his theory of the difference. Yes with corset it is instant off, where as going off diet would take time to show. I was more refering to the choice of being/looking thin compared to not being/looking not thin ignoring the "in private" aspect. I myself don't like fake presentation, padded bras or worse implants, etc. If a woman presents herself that way and a guy who likes that type gets her home and then she is suddenly... TWEE: My wife will play again once she gets the hang of it better, I'm sure she'll want to restart. Oddly enough before EE I never had vesna die myself even on hard. Now playing EE on Norm she did.... I got her home she said thanks (with almost no life left) then like a fool she started to walk to the rendevou point and I foolishly moved one step foward and six dogs popped out and smote her... OH well, I seen it and actually showed her that sequence, because it was the best done IMO.

phalzyr said:
TWEE: My wife will play again once she gets the hang of it better, I'm sure she'll want to restart. Oddly enough before EE I never had vesna die myself even on hard. Now playing EE on Norm she did.... I got her home she said thanks (with almost no life left) then like a fool she started to walk to the rendevou point and I foolishly moved one step foward and six dogs popped out and smote her... OH well, I seen it and actually showed her that sequence, because it was the best done IMO.
-----SEMI SORTOF SPOILER --------Um, if I'm remembering correctly (and I have terrible short term memory), the easy lazy way with Vesna is to just hustle her into the safe walled area around the tavern until morning. She will wait patiently while you meditate to kill time. Then, come morning, nice safe walk through the pretty picturesque countryside, with no doggies. :)

Regarding Hamenaglar's green converse all-stars fetish:I prefer boobs.
Starwolf said:
Um, if I'm remembering correctly (and I have terrible short term memory), the easy lazy way with Vesna is to just hustle her into the safe walled area around the tavern until morning. She will wait patiently while you meditate to kill time. Then, come morning, nice safe walk through the pretty picturesque countryside, with no doggies. :)
I am playing through The Witcher for the first time and just came to this quest. I usually try to avoid anything marked with spoilers, but this is quite a helpful tip, thank you.

Hamenaglar said:
Hamenaglar said:
Hamenaglar said:
Not all of us have boob fetish. I for instance have a green converse all-stars fetish.
I'm more of an a*s*s fetish kind of person, love a girl with a nice rump. Like a J-LO BOOTY!!!

Top Bottom