It's really dissapointing.

+
So... never played a game of bethesda on release? Or AC Unity?

I mean for real. The game is buggy, but you guys are relly being drama queens.

I've never encountered issues with any of those games on the caliber of issues present in this game, there is a new bug around each corner more or less... not being a drama queen i'm just being honest and truthful of my thoughts on the game so that it can improve because i am a big fan of CDPR and their games.

So... never played a game of bethesda on release? Or AC Unity?

I mean for real. The game is buggy, but you guys are relly being drama queens.

Normally, I'd kind of agree, but in this game's case, considering they have had 8 years to work out the kinks, there really is no excuse for this level of mediocrity, shallow gameplay, and bugs.

That said, other than some minor annoyances (mainly in the various UIs and their lack of QoL features), I'm enjoying the game and don't regret buying it. But it is nowhere near the polished gem I expected for something that has been actively developed for nearly a decade.

Normally, I'd kind of agree, but in this game's case, considering they have had 8 years to work out the kinks, there really is no excuse for this level of mediocrity, shallow gameplay, and bugs.

That said, other than some minor annoyances (mainly in the various UIs and their lack of QoL features), I'm enjoying the game and don't regret buying it. But it is nowhere near the polished gem I expected for something that has been actively developed for nearly a decade.
I agree with you thats why I made the decision to come back to it in a month or two once everything is mostly ironed out and give it a fresh restart because in my case my frames are dying and its ruining the experience for me.

These will never get added.

They'll hold off everything for the gtaonline component.

No matter their reputation gta normies and kids will flock the game and make them billions.

edit: really hoping im wrong, but so far everything I've said bout the game turned out to be true.

Some of us were worried something like this might happen and this release, especially if they do not add in things that were cut, has me thinking those fears were spot on. I do not want GTA Oniline with a cyberpunk skin but it looks like that's what we are going to get.

yeah it smells like all cut content will be put in ONLINE features like GTA and sold via shard cards MTX, so all fortnite minecraft and gta kiddies can play this game and make billions of dollars.
I love GTAV but i hate that all the features they put yearly are Online exclusive only.

Dude, legit. Since ever i suspected the game would be a 8/10, and yes it's a 8/10 when it works.

I have a HUGE amount of issues with the game. But it's fun and you can see that it needs some polishment.

The problem here is that the fanbase created expectations out of this planet. People wanted it to be fall out new vegas in terms of roleplay, warframe in gameplay, crysis in graphics with liberty of minecraft and world impact of Dwarf fortress.

It needs polishment, in some time it will be a 9/10 but people are trying to compare it with Baldurs gate, Last of us, God of war... when a 3d open world is an different beast.

You might compare it with new vegas.... but lets be real. New vegas stomp this game in the "rpg" dynamic, as choice. But as anything else it gets stomped, hard. Even with all the issues this game manages to deliver a world that "feels" alive, with all the people walking around. The issue is that the player don't get to interact with it ouside of events.

A big city with lo life, no npc's random events, not profound side stories like witcher, no barbershop, no tattoo parlor, no gambling or minigames, no city activities to enjoy. Is missing a lot of things that CDPROJECT promised I've played for some time and it really feels empty.

A big city with lo life, no npc's random events, not profound side stories like witcher, no barbershop, no tattoo parlor, no gambling or minigames, no city activities to enjoy. Is missing a lot of things that CDPROJECT promised I've played for some time and it really feels empty.

I really disagree with the side story parts. The side stories are interesting IMO.

But i agree with all the rest, but notice how all you said is the player interaction with the city. Thus why i said: The city is good, it's "interesting" it feels like a city. But you, as a player, don't have how to interact with it. And even worse, it makes you want to interact with it.

The story. No matter what you do, it makes no true difference. The order you do things doesn't change the fact it all heads in the same direction no matter what.

Well, it matters, depending on the ending or how you develop your character, their ending is different, but the main story is the same.

The credits show how the characters felt about Vs choices. I really liked the game and the main missions and relationship missions were very well developed.

The final mission have a lot of variations too, depending on your choice. Maybe people were expecting that a CRPG could get the same freedom of a PnP. Yeah, that will never happen.

But I have to be honest. Maybe the real problem is at least 4.

A) the only useful thing that you do by doing regular fixer "Regina Jones" jobs (which is the majority in number) is to grind items and levels. There is no impact on the world or main mission.

(For example: some fixer calling V to tell that thanks to his work, the neighborhood in location X got better or something like that).

B) there is an abismal gap in quality between the main mission/relationship missions and the other regular fixer jobs. Even between main missions, the maelstron first job had a lot more ways to complete than the other ones.

C) The world is not interactive enough, and if it had more restaurants and other places to interact.

D) Foods and drinks are pointless mechanics and crafting is not so meaninful.

But despite that, I really think that the main story and characters were good enough for me to say that this is a very good game, but needs more work on polishing, tweaking and implementing some content to round it up.

That brings us to the only strong part about the gameplay and that is the shooting part. I mean it's just like playing a really good FPS. But that's it.
I agree almost with everything accept this one! CP2077 is way far from being a good FPS, it's event far from being mediocre one!! It makes COD series look like a masterpiece made by gods ( I hate COD btw). You can't properly set your mouse sens but you have aim assist on it witch makes you miss even more shots! Guns looks good but in general just useless trash, bolt-action snipers in 2077!!!!!!!!! Humanity turn themselves into cyborgs, has a battle mechas but can't make a semi-auto sniper with more then 4 bullets clip! Some WW1 weapons would be more effective... For me biggest disappointment was the fps mechanics not the bugs, bugs could be fixed!

I agree almost with everything accept this one! CP2077 is way far from being a good FPS, it's event far from being mediocre one!! It makes COD series look like a masterpiece made by gods ( I hate COD btw). You can't properly set your mouse sens but you have aim assist on it witch makes you miss even more shots! Guns looks good but in general just useless trash, bolt-action snipers in 2077!!!!!!!!! Humanity turn themselves into cyborgs, has a battle mechas but can't make a semi-auto sniper with more then 4 bullets clip! Some WW1 weapons would be more effective... For me biggest disappointment was the fps mechanics not the bugs, bugs could be fixed!
Yeah you're kinda right. The gunplay was barely decent. It wasn't satisfying at all.

Maybe people were expecting that a CRPG could get the same freedom of a PnP.

No, obviously. But a bit more branching, yes. This is the studio that developed The Witcher 2. I expect (or better, expected. I don't expect anything from CDPR anymore) a bit more reactivity to the player choices. Expecially dialogues. Dragon Age Origins pulled better and more numerous origins, integrating them better in the main quest, than Cyberpunk. How many years ago? 11?

Yeah you're kinda right. The gunplay was barely decent. It wasn't satisfying at all.
I'd say it's unplayable! They could've done so much with weapon customization and upgrades... instead just copied Witcher's 3 ridicules dps stats system.

No, obviously. But a bit more branching, yes. This is the studio that developed The Witcher 2. I expect (or better, expected. I don't expect anything from CDPR anymore) a bit more reactivity to the player choices. Expecially dialogues. Dragon Age Origins pulled better and more numerous origins, integrating them better in the main quest, than Cyberpunk. How many years ago? 11?

Oh yeah, DA:O is the big daddy of how to do Origin stories... such a shame no one in the industry seems to realize this.
And on that note, DA:O also was the last great hurrah of cRPGs so far... I mean Pathfinder Kingmaker came somewhat close, but still not close enough to really scratch that itch.

Btw agree with others on the game being linear. I understand some are like how? Well, if you have seen the endings, yes, one fate, already been stated here so I'll say it, you die. Even the choice for living six months leads to death. You die.
Was it really neccessary to spoiler that, some of us (me included) aren't that far, and we are in the Gameplay-Area... people who spoiler ruin the game for me.

/Edit:
Overall i've to disagree with you. I'm a huge fan of Deus Ex, especially Human Revolution, but i never truly felt like i could build my own character where i really felt the different flavor, but rather to enhance what Adam Jensen already have, also the World felt much smaller. I was more like Witcher3-Esque someone who followed the journey of a character, instead of inserting myself and CP2077 feels in that regard way more open... that also goes down how diverse you can build your Character.

The Gameplay-Loop itself feels great IMHO, because it really mixes well Story-Quests or Story-related Sidequest and stuff like that, with world activities where you can simply let your steam off. If it would be only Story and stuff, i've to admit i would find it somewhat boring, because than it would be too much dialogues and story, but not enough to enjoy the actual Gameplay, and that's the next thing, i've heard quite some people cry over Gunplay / Combat, but in all honesty, the Game is so much fun. It's far better than any Fallout Game where i felt (though F4 got better on that regard) forced to stick to the V.A.T.S because the Gunplay felt clunky, especially the Melee Combat running through enemies with a sword and hack through is right now so much fun, and while i see your point about Stealth could be enhanced, i found it good enough (or let me rephrase it before someone tries to "twist" it) or still good to enjoy it and to give it a try, also planned to do another walkthrough basically focused on a build for that (right now i'm focused on Pistol and Katana). I mean it, based on Witcher 3, which also was a great game but where i found the Open World and Gameplay a complete lackluster, i'm really surprised by CP2077 in that regard and it's way better. And that for a Game which i would argue have the same Focus on Story as said Witcher 3. Is every aspect perfect? Absolutely not, if you want like a more chaotic and interactive world than let's say every Rockstar Game is better... gunplay as example is still not comparable to something like titanfall 2, destiny or halo. However i'm someone who argue Games are either (if you put it in RPG terms) "Specialized" or a "jack of all trades", sometimes a bit inbetween but it's not like any Game ever was perfect in all aspects. So for me Cyberpunk goes the specialized Route... means Story / Storytelling / Dialogues are freaking amazing... the rest of the Game isn't on the same level but atleast compliment it enough to round up a smooth experience. That however leads to the issue if you're looking for something specific like GTA Chaos and stuff like that, you clearly will be disappointed. However for that alone i would argue the Game still deserves potentially a "Score" of 9/10.

BUT, there are some real issues which tackles that down. For one as we all know it's the bugged and messy release, especially on Console people will agree on that. Another thing is some really dumb design-decision which i simply don't understand. Beforehand they bloated how important Fashion is, and even made Traliler on that, heck i'm sure they also mentioned early on they're purely cosmethic. Now they added this armor-nonsense to the clothes, which let's you either play in a low difficulty so you are somewhat fashionable or you accept your fate and look like a 1980 trashcollector. Another thing is that Loot or better say Itemization could've done better and even further Crafting doesn't feel rewarding / engaging enough. You need to many points into Crafting so it becomes somewhat decent(so not even great), points which you could've spent in more interesting things.

Last but not Least a way more personal issue, but i really hate the lackluster of a Romancing... i mean the way the implemented are pretty good and smooth, i really liked how they worked them out again. But the numbers of choices you have and the outcome is absolute trash (for me) i mean you have only one choice (lesbian one <- and i'd argue that one hurt already so much ... that they limited that specific girl to females only, even more when you see that there is only a few option anyway i'm still pretty bothered by this game-decision) where you end up in a proper relationship. The rest is some weird BS. I mean after that massive spoiler of the intellectual here which thought it's a good idea to SPOILER the ENDING (it's not even something small, its the freaking ENDING) already meanwhile the game isn't even out for a week, it raise the question why bother at all, but it really left me salty after i looked up a gameguide and see how many options i've and how they work out. Thank you CDPR to let me have a letdown where i didn't expect it...

Last edited:
The general consensus I read here quite blatantly, CDPR tried to pull off more than they could handle. I do not mean they could not make a great game, with all the features they have implemented and stated they would. They just didn't. I feel not just polish was lacking, but if they had lessened their OWN sights and actually lowered them for what they could actually give us, then I think we all actually might (and this includes CDPR) have come away from this release, not salty, or aggravated.

I hear the words echo in my mind, "It just works" and I hate to say this but this is another Game Debacle of pushed out too fast, too soon, with too many promises. To those who have said we in this thread expected too much. I didn't, I didn't track or listen to a lot of the promotional information they gave on gameplay. With that stated for myself, and maybe others having done similar, No we did not expect more than what was stated or hyped by the Producer.

I remember a time, the 1990's, when we did not ever get game updates. Have internet to allow for an update or hotfix. Or a publisher mailing an update to fix their code. I say this because we as a community of gamers AND the Developers of games have become too reliant or expectant of fixes and other requests that are necessities to an evolving dynamic.

In a post in this thread, I stated the AI was sub par...others have agreed in their onw way with their own points. The lifeless community of the AI in this game, for me, has stopped me from playing further. I can actually interact better with a Facebook bot than I can with one of these NPC's. I have stepped back and accepted the AI won't be fixed, the code would need so much more work. So I bite that bullet and just will be patient and play from time to time, as the issues and enhancements occur.

I am glad there are those who have enjoyed this game. I hope to at some point. Though for that person stating us being drama queens. Honestly we are actually helping CDPR and developers from making the same mistake by voicing our opinions, and not wallowing in self pity. If we did not point out errors that either CDPR intentionally OR unintentionally missed. Then we are also at fault.

We can only hope we are listened to and not have a blind eye turned to us.

Top Bottom