language pack

+
language pack

Could someone help me in this matter : I want to make a language pack in mine native language,Romanian?I have the editor but I don't know how to use it for creating languagepacks.I can't open with djinni a file like dialog_3.tlk.Thanks in advance.

Do i understand right? you want translate the original dialog-files in romanian? :hmmm: ya - maybe you can change all *.dlg files of the unpacked main.key (folder dlg). That should be plenty much work ::)Or you have a speakers-crew?Than ... you should unpack the voices*.bif. But i dont know how you can change wav/mp3 in *.oggand there is *.say uhhhh ok - i have no idea ???

Wolfenschfung, you better go back to paint some nice "Bathtub-Witcher" -pics ;DBut if you really want to translate all that stuff, you can only change all the .dlg-files like Ralf mentioned. That's really a huge amount of work... :dead:The .tlk-files are for voices, as far as I know it's the same with the .say-files, what you need for subtitles are the .dlg-files.Ohh, and those .ogg-files can be played with the Real Network Player, but I have no idea if there exists a programm to edit the .say or .tlk files

Since the game is released in multiple languages, it is necessary for game text to be different depending on the language of the user. The talk table file, called dialog_3.tlk, contains all the strings that the game will display to the user and which therefore need to be translated. Having said that, this would definitely be one the files that need to be translated. There are programs available from Neverwinter Vault that can edit Neverwinter Nights dialog.tlk files. One, if not more, should allow you to view what is in The Witcher's .tlk file and possibly edit it as well.The .ogg files contain the voice-overs, the .say files are lip-sync instructions. Those two file-types you probably won't be bothering with unless you plan on doing voice-overs in the language you are translating to. Even then, I'm not sure there is an editor for the lip-sync files yet.

Many thenks to you all :) For now I have finished the translation for the interface, you know,menu,loading screens and so on.I don't intend to make voice acting, only subtitles. So,now I'm at 10% with the translation at a file called _dialogues00. It will take some time till I will finish to translate that.Ok, it is a HUGE file, but for me it's fun and relaxing to work at this stuff, so i'll keep doing it untill it's ready. I also made some tests to see how it works in game and all seems to work fine.And i'm sorry to mention that now I don't have time to do more pictures with Geralt in the bath tub...One more question: Are there other files involing subtitles, or item names in english, besides dialog_3.tlk and _dialogues00 ?Thanks.

Top Bottom