Level 15 with several hours in, only have two issues that bother me.

+
Level 15 with several hours in, only have two issues that bother me.

Not sure how many hours I actually have in but it's been pretty frequent since the launch of the beta. With the exception of sleep and food, I have been either playing or taking a very small break.

I only have two issues with the game at this time and the first is about gameplay:

I feel the monster ability carrying over a gold is a bit too much. I won't go into the Eredin and geralt then pass play even though that can be annoying. My problem is the affect it has on round 3 coupled with the fact that it is complete rng.

I have had several games lost to a 1 in 6 or more chance to carry a gold status unit into round 3. Saving geralt among several other 1-3 strength units has taken a toll on my patience for sure. The problem isn't just the rng, its the fact that, at that stage of the game, a 12 strength gold unit is incredibly hard to deal with. I'm punished for saving this scorch for the correct moment because my opponent got lucky and carried over Geralt to round 3.

I've spent many round 2s weakening the opponent's board evenly so the monster ability would have the least effect, which again is completely ruined if the monster ability can choose the card that I couldn't affect in the first place.

Monsters are my preferred deck and it is the deck I have the most wins with (I think). I have been on both sides of this rng and I can't stand it either way. I'd much rather my ability not carry over my golds. I can buff the other units up as much as I want for them to be carried to the next round.

Judging this by stats would be hard to do unless your stats can show a correlation to a round being won or lost after a gold was carried over. The overall game may or may not be indicative of a problem. Especially since inconsistency is in rng's nature.

The second issue I have is the amount of time it takes to get currency and ultimately kegs.

I have to look at this objectively and not compare it to other games I know. I would like there to be a little more than 25 ore when I complete a level as high as 14 and 15. Other than the daily rewards, it is incredibly difficult to obtain kegs. The breaks I had to take from the game was when I was getting burnt out. For me, those would be the perfect times to open a keg and feel rewarded for the time I put in.

This is completely subjective but I've only opened maybe 10 kegs (and haven't gotten a legendary, my luck). Most of the kegs were in the beginning before I started feeling the higher level drought. Other than the faster daily rewards, I would feel rewarded if I opened a keg maybe every hour and a half to two hours.

I feel the way it is now, players will either recognize the grind and will buy kegs or they will realize that they will never have all the cards they want and slowly stop playing.

Not only this but after my several hours in and reaching level 15, if I would have saved up all my scraps, I think I would just be shy of crafting a legendary. I would be ok with this progress though if the kegs were given out a little more leniently.

Just my thoughts so far. I honestly have had a blast. I spent most of my life playing yugioh and this is the most fun I've had since I retired from that. If this game remains balanced and relatively rng free, it will be the best card game out there currently, digital or physical. Thanks!

With monster deck there is also a card which take a RANDOM card from graveyard and consume its power to again RNG can give 1 power more or it could be even 20 power more! Do it twice, add to this monster faction ability and RNG decide about the game no matter what. It could be +4 or it could +50 !!! There is no skill with monster deck but almost pure RNG.

I would not judge the keg rewards so harshly. It really depends how much you play a day. I do suspect you won't keep it up. You'll probably play up to 4 hours a day or so on average. The rewards won't be as bad then.

A it stands you get 100 ore for (apart from rewards in between, 15 ore and 15 scraps i think, i may wrong) for winning first 3 games in a day - you level up.

For second level in a day you get 75 ore - 4 wins i think (plus 30 scraps and 15 ore in between)

For third level in a day you get 50 ore- 6 wins i think (45 scraps, 15 ore and a bronze card)

Thats 270 ore for 11 wins. Not counting players rewards. You should get around 3 kegs easly

I so agree that if you run past dailess it can be frustrating grind. THe question is, how long you will play the game daily in a month or 2 for it to matter

With monster deck there is also a card which take a RANDOM card from graveyard and consume its power to again RNG can give 1 power more or it could be even 20 power more! Do it twice, add to this monster faction ability and RNG decide about the game no matter what. It could be +4 or it could +50 !!! There is no skill with monster deck but almost pure RNG.

I would not agree with that, sure rng is there, but its up to players to manage it. However ii don't disagree that ability to carry over gold cards is very strong. However the more cards you get he easier it will be to deal with it . There are cards that can affect gold cards

Regarding your first problem: I am not struggling with this at all, my skellige deck beats this ezly, and most people are struggling against me. I think it won't be as strong as it is now as soon as u get cards that remove golden status. Northern realms has one bronze unit that does this.

Second probllem: I also feel so that they could give more rewards for playing. I dont think they should add a lot tho, maybe 4 levels daily during which you can play for "?" rewards instedad of 3.

I would not judge the keg rewards so harshly. It really depends how much you play a day. I do suspect you won't keep it up. You'll probably play up to 4 hours a day or so on average. The rewards won't be as bad then.

A it stands you get 100 ore for (apart from rewards in between, 15 ore and 15 scraps i think, i may wrong) for winning first 3 games in a day - you level up.

For second level in a day you get 75 ore - 4 wins i think (plus 30 scraps and 15 ore in between)

For third level in a day you get 50 ore- 6 wins i think (45 scraps, 15 ore and a bronze card)

Thats 270 ore for 11 wins. Not counting players rewards. You should get around 3 kegs easly

I so agree that if you run past dailess it can be frustrating grind. THe question is, how long you will play the game daily in a month or 2 for it to matter
What regards can I get for 4 lvl per day, 5 and so on? Where can I find this information?

In regard to your first point it really does depend against which deck you are up against.

On the other hand i got to agree that the progression seems a bit underwhelming.
While I can understand that it is limited it feels pretty bad winning and to not get any rewards ( if the enemy does not gg).
Dailys could maybe solve the problem.

I have no problem with the RNG mechanic or the carry-over mechanic but i dont like that they can carry over gold.
In my opinion it is to strong.
And i think something like meta is ok, but in the last hours i play the most opponents only play monster and i only saw one opponent played Scoia´tael (beside me)
and its a little bit annoying only monster ....

I think that a consistent progression system can be accomplished though. A lot of people have family's and jobs and won't be able to play every day. However, they may have one or two days to themselves that week where then can jump in and play for several hours. With a consistent progression system, they would be able to catch up to the players who signed in every day. I wouldn't want to get rid of dailys though because I know they are good at keeping people logged in but this is just how I feel.

I think that a consistent progression system can be accomplished though. A lot of people have family's and jobs and won't be able to play every day. However, they may have one or two days to themselves that week where then can jump in and play for several hours. With a consistent progression system, they would be able to catch up to the players who signed in every day. I wouldn't want to get rid of dailys though because I know they are good at keeping people logged in but this is just how I feel.

What do you mean by consistent progression system?

What do you mean by consistent progression system?
I like the progression bar the way it is now, I just wish it could give more rewards for ranking up, considering how long it takes. This way, if I have a day off or two I can pump in some hours and be receiving packs generously for moving the progression bar. This may all be moot because as much as I like the game, I will eventually buy some kegs lol. I'm about to start a thread on daily rewards (will be a similar concept to other games, just a brainstorm) and would like your opinion when its up.

I'm guessing the current progression is temporary. If they kept this system, and you played everyday for 100 days, your level will be in the hundreds. It's kinda weird system, unless they are planning on implementing milestones. But I think this will change once we get daily quests/missions/objectives into the game.

I'm guessing the current progression is temporary. If they kept this system, and you played everyday for 100 days, your level will be in the hundreds. It's kinda weird system, unless they are planning on implementing milestones. But I think this will change once we get daily quests/missions/objectives into the game.
I wouldn't mind if everyone had a rank next to their name that would indicate their experience in the game. I think it may add a little bit of character and diversity. I can definitely see it as a somewhat place holder though. Either way I am very excited for the future of this game, I hope the skill gap doesn't push new players away from the game.

Top Bottom