[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
What can I say? Simply brillant essenthy ...thank you soooooo much! :)

Last edited:
jaykc;n7565320 said:
Thanks for upload mate
I am a newbie please teach me where to put this stlm.ini into? The same folder in stlm 3.1.1?

Go here https://reshade.me/ and download the last version...it's quite simple, after the download just run the exe and follow the istruction...then copy my preset in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64 and run the game...then press SHIFT+F2 to load the menu and choose my preset...you can easily try to find your best preset mod the preset on the fly without reload the game...enjoy! :)

Riven-Twain;n7581190 said:
My, my . . .what a lot of charming pictures. Much more of this, and we may need open a 'STLM 3.0: Share Your Screenshots Thread'. . . .

Sorry if this is somehow against forums rules, I just can't help myself :wat:

Essenthy, I've always wondered. You got the BaW clouds looking amazing with STLM but what makes the vanilla clouds hard to get looking right? What's the difference?

Alright guys! I got some good news! So you know those clouds we were complaining about with STLM 3.1 that looked weird and weren't always the BaW ones? Then I asked Essenthy, if that's how they were supposed to look and he said yeah because thats how weather was in vanilla. Well I worked on it for a couple of hours today and fixed it. So, when you go into the weather files there is a section containing all the parameters for priorities of the cloud textures and stuff. The clouds we didn't like seemed they were missing the fx line for the 2nd lair of clouds that cover the other 2 layers. It seemed like this because all the other parameters were there but no fx line. So I added back in the fx line and wallah it went from looking flat to dense clouds. Thanks to KeeperOTF I was able to play with it and find this out. I can post before and after pics. I'm thinking about messing with other weathers to fix clouds there as well and maybe change the probabilities of bad weathers if you guys want.

tennisaddict1999;n7582000 said:
Alright guys! I got some good news! So you know those clouds we were complaining about with STLM 3.1 that looked weird and weren't always the BaW ones? Then I asked Essenthy, if that's how they were supposed to look and he said yeah because thats how weather was in vanilla. Well I worked on it for a couple of hours today and fixed it. So, when you go into the weather files there is a section containing all the parameters for priorities of the cloud textures and stuff. The clouds we didn't like seemed they were missing the fx line for the 2nd lair of clouds that cover the other 2 layers. It seemed like this because all the other parameters were there but no fx line. So I added back in the fx line and wallah it went from looking flat to dense clouds. Thanks to KeeperOTF I was able to play with it and find this out. I can post before and after pics. I'm thinking about messing with other weathers to fix clouds there as well and maybe change the probabilities of bad weathers if you guys want.

tennisaddict1999 Most definitely, man! I think the clouds fix should be like a sticky at nexus or something like a joint effort in additional files or some such so that anybody experiencing it that doesn't have any modding experience could just download the fix and play the game. Or maybe essenthy could incorporate it into STLM and credit those responsible for finding the fix.

tennisaddict1999;n7582000 said:

Nice! Maybe consider sending the file once it's done to essenthy to make it an official update? And less bad weathers would be great coz last time I played, it has been raining for 12 hours straight non-stop in Novigrad. At this point, I wonder why Novigrad doesn't turn into a sea already.

GroveJr Yeah, I can do that. I fixed the bad clouds in velen and novigrad today and can put up a beta version. I'll make a new thread, so you guys can decide where weather probabilities you want. And I will definitely agree with you, it rains to damn much in vanilla.

Is it possible to change Geralt's torch intensity to be the same as guards'? I find the guards' torch looks more natural and it'd be great if Geralt's torch could look the same.

tennisaddict1999;n7582660 said:
GroveJr Yeah, I can do that. I fixed the bad clouds in velen and novigrad today and can put up a beta version. I'll make a new thread, so you guys can decide where weather probabilities you want. And I will definitely agree with you, it rains to damn much in vanilla.

Very interested to see how it looks. Might try it out when I get some spare time if you manage to load it up somehow.

This forum is called 'Mod Discussion', so I thought I'd start a discussion. Since this thread is overflowing with screenshots and compliments, I am most likely in the minority, but I have to say: I think STLM2 is much better than STLM3. How dare I say such a thing?
Well, I am using visual mods because they increase the immersion. STLM2 does that perfectly. After a short time, you stop noticing it's there and just enjoy the beautiful game. With STLM3 however, for each "Wow"-Moment, there was a "This doesn't look right moment"-Moment waiting around the corner. It's like day and night - literally. In daylight it moslty looks stunning, at night not so much and sunsets are just ridiculous. Half of the sky turns yellow - way before the sun is even low enough to actually illuminate the clouds. Even the moon turns orange (physics, anyone?). Speaking about the moon, it is way too big and growing (again, physics?). Essenthy said, he designed it this way because he likes it and it seems many people agree with him - I just don't. This is my personal opinion and by no means badmouthing essenthys work. However. because of that, I reverted back to STLM2.2. If anyone accidently deleted his copy and wants it back, send me a pm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom