Lights are on, but no one's home.

+
I like your posts. They remind me with sadness that 14 year old Kamurocho in PS2 "Yakuza" was more interactive and alive than Night City.

Thank you. I mean them to be entertaining and poignant at the same time. I am hopeful that these things are already coming to the game, and if not, I hope CDPR is listening.

As I said (maybe elsewhere?), they have delivered to us a beautiful Night City. Now we want to interact with it through more than just a janky inventory screen.
Post automatically merged:

Hey, fongool! How come this broad gets to sit down and eat and I don't?
photomode_18122020_200429.png

Last edited:
This is what happens when you copy over all the mechanics of a sprawling 3rd person RPG and try to turn it into a dense 1st person RPG. If the 1st person view was intended to bring immersion, they needed to consider other immersion aspects.
yes!! the game has lipsync next-gen technology, but the rest of the body animation is completely trash and bugged.
why so much attention to lipsync and so much neglect with body animation ?!

I'll take two of whatever that dude is having.
View attachment 11093045

And I think it is fair for you to feel that way.

Know where they have good food? Japantown.
I'm looking at you, big neon ramen bowl in the sky. Let's see what we can rustle up down here.
View attachment 11093063

Hot dogs? In Japantown? Well, OK, everyone loves hot dogs, I guess.
Unfortunately this chick wouldn't talk to me and just called me a deadbeat or something.

View attachment 11093093

After a hard day of edgerunning, I always love to stop in at Roasted Noodles for a bowl of synthtofu and a tall-boy cerveza.
Unfortunately, the chick just stands there wiping the counter and never serves me anything.

View attachment 11093117

Yeah, choom! A bar! Let's get wasted!
View attachment 11093144

Hold on there, miss. I think you've had enough!.... of drinking alone that is ;)
View attachment 11093147

OK, she ghosted (literally despawned right next to me). And I can't even get a drink in this city!
View attachment 11093156

This place should work. Finally I get to sink my teeth into some krill!
(I didn't get to sink my teeth into some Krill, FYI. Everyone just ignored me).
View attachment 11093162

Well, somebody's eatin'! Sure ain't me!
View attachment 11093168

Man, those perogis look good. Wish I could buy one... and eat it...
View attachment 11093174

Friday night on Ninsei, let's see if we can find any good eats downtown.
View attachment 11093198

Let's just grab a dog and take a stroll around downtown. Nice and cozy!
(Nope)
View attachment 11093210

Well, if all else fails I can sell some loot at this pawnshop I found, right?
(Nope. Remember - lights are on, but no one is home).
View attachment 11093213

Well, thank goodness the 25h/7 is open. At least I can get a frozen burrito and a pack of the old smokey smokes, right?
(Nope)
View attachment 11093216

Maybe these fine folks have a smoke I can bum?
(Nope)
View attachment 11093222

All V ever wanted was a hamburger (and a smoke).
View attachment 11093252
This was more exciting than some of the side quests! j/k or maybe...?

That we can't sit down and eat at a joint like this, or that I want to sit down and eat at a joint like this?
That this place in the game supposedly wont even let someone get some ramen noodles. If that's really that bad, I'm really sad because It shouldn't be like that. I myself can't even start the game without it crashing before it opens. I asked for a refund for pc version. it's been days. no response.

That this place in the game supposedly wont even let someone get some ramen noodles. If that's really that bad, I'm really sad because It shouldn't be like that. I myself can't even start the game without it crashing before it opens. I asked for a refund for pc version. it's been days. no response.

I'm sorry man. I hope you get to play it someday, especially when it's in a more complete state.

Yeah, these little shops and food stalls are begging to be interacted with, but 99.9% of them are just props, and the ones that do sell food do so by immersively opening up your inventory screen, Witcher style.

I'm sorry man. I hope you get to play it someday, especially when it's in a more complete state.

Yeah, these little shops and food stalls are begging to be interacted with, but 99.9% of them are just props, and the ones that do sell food do so by immersively opening up your inventory screen, Witcher style.
I understand, thanks for your kind words. :sleep:
That sounds awful. You mean immersively like in a sarcastic way right? I'm just asking.
Currently I'm trying to get a refund, and it's not really going well. :giveup:
I strongly feel that I will never play this game.

I understand, thanks for your kind words. :sleep:
That sounds awful. You mean immersively like in a sarcastic way right? I'm just asking.
Currently I'm trying to get a refund, and it's not really going well. :giveup:
I strongly feel that I will never play this game.

Yeah, big "/s" with the "immersive" inventory thing.

What I don't like about stands is not the fact that you cannot sit to eat in them, it is that the npcs standing inside just talk like any other random npc walking around. They should at least tell you something like "greetings", "welcome" or "what can I serve you?" instead of "do I know you?" and stuff. Even if they can't really serve/sell food.

Also, food items feel worthless when you can just heal by using the inhalers.

I was really disappointed when I wanted to return to those walkway market high up between the building, managed to find the elevator up and, 1 NPC was found...
Why did people stop to go there after the mission? Was the market only set up for this one parade? Wanted to just stand up there looking over between the buildings, hearing the people around me, listen to the music, and just be.

Hopefully, they will work on these small things so we can utterly be immersed in the city outside the missions and story.

Wish they will add more small things, like riding taxis, leaning on railings, sitting down, eating animation, able to listen to the radio with some walkman or whatever, just so one can experience the city.

this makes me depressed :( all that fun that we could have in Night City.

can i join ? View attachment 11097083

You may!

So because a few bars are abandoned the game sucks?

I didn't say the game sucked. I said the game could be better.

To deny that people were going to want to interact with this open world is intellectually dishonest. Having drinks at the The Chat, grabbing some midnight lomein under the neon lights, or sitting down for some dollar pachinko while you wait for your next gig to start are all part of the cyberpunk experience.

Look at that screen Mojo posted. Don't tell me the devs put that very detailed stuff in-game and thought "You know what players are going to love? Looking at all of this stuff!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom