Look who's featured in "The Book of Unwritten Tales"

+
Look who's featured in "The Book of Unwritten Tales"

Hello everyone, I just thought I would share this with you:
So I've been playing "The Book of Unwritten Tales" recently (an outstanding and hilarious point&click, a rare gem these days, definitely worth checking out if you like those kind of games), and the voice of one particular character felt somehow quite familiar but I couldn't point my finger on it...then "suddenly" there was a part where this fellow had to speak in a deep, distorted voice...and then it all became clear to me: Geralt of Rivia! I looked up the cast and indeed, this guy is voiced by Doug Cockle (around 0:35 and on).
Well, maybe it's not a big deal but I found it pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing! : ) I made the same discovery a few months ago and we had a pretty interesting discussion about voice acting afterwards, you can read the reactions here, if you're interested. :D

The Book of Unwritten Tales is fantastic point and click adventure and the more people hear about it, the better.

Wow, he sounds so different. Lot of range. I always want to bop people who say that Geralt is badly voiced or monotone. It's so stupidly untrue.

Thanks for bringing that game to my attention, I just ordered a copy. Even though Doug doesn't use his Witcher voice, which I adore, but this looks fantastic.

I'm glad the video managed to draw your attention to the game. :D
And it's truly awesome to see how different his voice sounds.

Very funny, love how he sounds so different.

Incidently, this evening I was watching an episode of the Britisch crime series 'Midsomer Murders' and one of the minor female characters had a very familiar voice. So I looked her up and she turned out to be the English voice actress of Ves! :D

It's so cool when you recognise someone's voice and you find out he/she voices one of your favourite characters.

Well, this was another disappointing experience...

Received the game from Amazon yesterday, tried to install it right away. Emphasis on 'tried'. First thing Amazon failed to declare, was the "copy protection", which turned out to be a read protection. My drive took forever to read the disc, installing took forever, then it didn't work, because files were missing, probably lost in the process of hindering my drive from reading the disc. The attempt to uninstall was prevented by the "protection" as well, so I ended up just deleting the whole thing. Only, There was a folder, I wasn't allowed to delete without fiddling with registry keys and rebooting. Twice. Repeated the whole procedure and after hours of frustrations, the game finally started and I found the other thing, Amazon failed to declare properly; their site said the game was in German and English - my disc did not entail English language files. Hmpf! :mad:
Great. Yet another game I purchased, was not able to play, put on the shelf and had to figure out how to get a working version...

Pardon the rant, the game seems to be really great, but this kind of customer punishment is disgracing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Positive note 1:
I really do hope that CDPR will stay true to their word to never again use DRM, because it just fucks up your game. I felt sorry for the people who couldn't get their Witcher 2 properly to work, while I never had any troubles with my perfect GoG version.

Positive note 2:
Aside from Doug Cockle, there's also the amazing Peter Marinker, who voiced Thaler and Zoltan in The Witcher and was also the narrator voice. In Demon's Souls he's King Allant and in Dark Souls he's speaking both the Primordial Snakes (Kingseeker Frampt/Darkstalker Kaathe). Also adoring Evo and the Dragon, great voice actors!

Top Bottom