Matchmaking Issues

+
Vacnez;n6943760 said:
I only played one game of Gwent and already I'm going to give up.

Whoa, that statement gives so much credibility to your comment! I mean, of course a guy who only played only one game knows all about it!

Rethas;n6939680 said:
We did some fixing to matchmaking recently.

Your experience form before was likely facing much stronger decks and more experienced players due to some problems with the system. I can see from our data that since that update you've only played 3 games, 1 of which you have won.

Thanks you for your reply. I played some more today and still got outmatched by players with stronger cards, often its frustrating to the point where I simply alt + f4 out of the game. Hopefully you will figure more balanced matchmaking in the future so that more folks can enjoy your game.

makor86;n6937220 said:
An easy way to solve it. Make a noob mode like now but with limitation to 2 gold and 4 silver cards and level ~10-20. After that level the normal mode is open and also in this normal mode you pick deck after you see faction of your enemy.
there is a training tab in the game...against boots...

TiberiuBV;n6945230 said:
how does the matchmaking work? is it a " + / - 5 " levels?
Definitely not by levels. I'm lvl 35ish and saw so many newcomers today that it stopped being funny.

I think it's a mix of "win:lose" ratio of the past, combined with availability. Would you rather wait for hours until you get a really matching opponent or a fast match?

I don't mind the losing. I understand that losing in the beginning and being matched against stronger decks is a good thing because it teraches you the combo's and tactics but not getting any rewards for having my ass stomped repeatedly is not fun. It really needs a newbie mode or at the very least something for losing. After all it is still expeirence or should be win or lose.

Rethas;n6939840 said:
We had some issues previously with matchmaking which were recently improved. I can see that you've only played 3 games since then, one of which you won.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in one specific game, but that strategy can be countered in a number of ways.

A system like this takes time to evolve and also your MMR needs to stabalize based on your performance, which is difficult when you've only played a handful of games. Expecting to go into a game and have a perfect match off the start is unrealistic, especially when we have such little data.

We now match you as appropriately as we can and as we collect more data we will improve upon the system.
Well I have played more then 3 games and my win/loss is for shit. I know I have lost at least twice as many as I have won. I will start tracking them since there seems to be no where we can do this on web site.

Anyway i find the matchmaking boring. It's not about adding ranked ladder. It's more about the reward system. I guess i just need to get more kegs or ore. But the fact is the more i open kegs the less new cards i recieve. It's kinda dissapointing to watch the opponent to place a legendary card that wins the round and the whole game. I keep playing by elves for now and the winrate is like 50% even if i play versus the richest deck. Of course i can donate and buy these kegs and get some "dust" (mature hearthstone player), but it's still kinda boring. I'm sure you can't find any sense in my post cause it's just mere words from me. But i just wanted to leave my opinion here. Thanks.

I just wanted to say that whether or not the matchmaking is good it's absolutely ridiculous to give players 0 reward for losing. It makes playing feel incredibly unrewarding and like a waste of time, and when you are a new player grasping how to play the game it is incredibly discouraging to feel like you are making absolutely no progress. "Git good" is such a stupid thing to say to new players if you want this game to survive. If this game is so unfriendly to new players it will result in the community becoming stagnant, we will end up just having only high level players in the game, whom will all eventually get sick of it, and the game will die. f2p card games need to give bad players a reason to stick around so they will improve, I know if I play a game and only have a 10 percent win rate and am making absolutely no progress towards unlocking something I will get sick of it very fast. And this is coming from someone who is quite competitive and loves to improve, it's just not fun to be getting stomped 90 percent of your games because it doesn't feel competitive. You can learn how to get better if you can't ever win, if you go into an fps as a new player for instance and only get matched against pros you won't learn how to get good because you will just keep dying over and over. Fair matchmaking and incentives for bad players to stick around are insanely important in a game like this.

I think the game need a quest system or some way of getting cards at a reasonable speed without winning. Right now I simply can't progress.

krimp1;n6946700 said:
I think the game need a quest system or some way of getting cards at a reasonable speed without winning. Right now I simply can't progress.

Sadly since this is only the beta, multiplayer is currently the only option. There will be single player campaigns in the future once the game is released.

Rethas;n6939680 said:
We did some fixing to matchmaking recently.

Your experience form before was likely facing much stronger decks and more experienced players due to some problems with the system. I can see from our data that since that update you've only played 3 games, 1 of which you have won.

Your still keeping a standard MMR and not basing it on builds or anything crazy like that right ?

Matchmaking is broken.

I can say that now in beta matchmaking is the worst I have seen in such kind of games. With nearly noob deck, witch I have, I face people with great decks full of legends and other rare cards. Realy I have a very little chance against them. This kinda dissapointing.

You can check the Tactician's Corner and see if there are good starter tips available.

Be brave :) As far as I can understand, based on forum posts, it takes some time before matching starts to work properly. Just keep playing and you should eventually find more suitable opponents. There has been some problems with matching and they just tweaked it a bit, but still it takes some time and played games before it starts to work properly.

See this RED post for example: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...40#post6939840

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n6962590 said:
You can check the Tactician's Corner and see if there are good starter tips available.

Be brave :) As far as I can understand, based on forum posts, it takes some time before matching starts to work properly. Just keep playing and you should eventually find more suitable opponents. There has been some problems with matching and they just tweaked it a bit, but still it takes some time and played games before it starts to work properly.

See this RED post for example: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...40#post6939840

NO. It is broken big time. It is Ridiculous. I have lost 10 games in row couse Im playing against decks which I cannot mach. Why, with my nearly noob decks Im playing against pro decks???

Laveley;n6944740 said:
Whoa, that statement gives so much credibility to your comment! I mean, of course a guy who only played only one game knows all about it!

Yes my friend and it does say a lot on the feeling a casual player will have on this game at it's current state.

In my opinion a game shouldn't "become fun" after 100 games because you need level up to make it interesting. It should be after the first game. Take my point of view or not, but do not diminish my feedback just because you consider it inadequate.

In addition, the comments given after my post are relevant of what I was saying. The game gets boring after of a few matches when you are at higher level because there is no challenge for them.

So yea, 1 game is enough to have an opinion about the game, it's a shame, but it's the current reality.

Vacnez;n6964040 said:
Yes my friend and it does say a lot on the feeling a casual player will have on this game at it's current state.

In my opinion a game shouldn't "become fun" after 100 games because you need level up to make it interesting. It should be after the first game. Take my point of view or not, but do not diminish my feedback just because you consider it inadequate.

In addition, the comments given after my post are relevant of what I was saying. The game gets boring after of a few matches when you are at higher level because there is no challenge for them.

So yea, 1 game is enough to have an opinion about the game, it's a shame, but it's the current reality.

Casual player is different than a one time player.

I never said the game "become fun" after 100 games.

You dont even need to play the game to have an opinion about it, it doesnt mean that your opinion will be relevant though.

Rethas;n6939840 said:
We had some issues previously with matchmaking which were recently improved. I can see that you've only played 3 games since then, one of which you won.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in one specific game, but that strategy can be countered in a number of ways.

A system like this takes time to evolve and also your MMR needs to stabalize based on your performance, which is difficult when you've only played a handful of games. Expecting to go into a game and have a perfect match off the start is unrealistic, especially when we have such little data.

We now match you as appropriately as we can and as we collect more data we will improve upon the system.

Hey guys I dont know what u fixed, but now it's completely unplayable. I am only lvl 10 but my 4 previous games were against NK with full set of legendaris and OP cards like Philippa, Priscilla, Nenneke, Shani, Geralt:igni etc. Almost impossible to win with almast starter deck. Few days ago matchmaking was match better
:hmm:

Top Bottom