Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes they do of course. But obviously, they (most of the time) don't give a sh*t about that

They should just annouce they will re release the game in a year or less and keep this current version as is.

It worked wonders for Square Enix with a much worse game, a bankrupt company, less staff available, way less resources, and all in less than a year. FFXIV saved them from bankruptcy, and made fans happy, is a success and keeps getting updated to this day. CDPR should really do that.

Im starting to think that it might simply not be possible in games that have a main story, simply because it would be to expensive to do.
With the 8 years and them paying for Reeves. It's not that. This is more than enough time to deal with all the permutations. The problem is the drive. You have to craft a main story that goes one default way. Than deal with all the extra directions that can branch off. But than lead to the main ending. With the players choices integrating it. What we got in the game. They could have done it. But they didn't choose to allow even of basic things.

What makes us impotent is that, we know that all the ideas presented, want the best for the game. But CDPR continues to refuse to speak to its community, to talk, to be open and frank about plans. It is the 'executive' position that tries to impose itself, due to the silence and lack of information, after the troubled launch.

Jeah kind of miss a statement regarding if there will be content. Just saw January and February there will be big patches but big can be everything. Like big improvements in terms of bugs and performance and afterwards move on to dlcs.

Jeah kind of miss a statement regarding if there will be content. Just saw January and February there will be big patches but big can be everything. Like big improvements in terms of bugs and performance and afterwards move on to dlcs.

Nothing, if CD don't do what they say, will change the game's tragic fate. Problem is in the game design. CDPR has not decided what it wants to be, nor what it wants from the game. So far, just a well-made city, that's all, the rest, a draft ... and a confused draft, which does not know whether it leans towards the 'most of the same' or dares to go further.

Everything would have to change, everything. Dialogues (almost nonexistent) options for romances, various customizations, this mediocre logic of 'closed doors' to open world ... AIs / base code (which suffer from being so bad and extremely badly elaborated), etc ... everything in Cyberpunk 2077 was made for the subject, whether a player or whoever, to conclude that the game industry, when it wants to be mediocre, it succeeds.

An outline of the outline of the outline of an idea that is partially bad.
Post automatically merged:

Simple example of how they thought the game to be completely bad and mediocre:

Romance - something simple, after a good story with Judy, some pleasant scenes. Then, a 'dead thing', with no taste, nothing. They did not even lend themselves to making a few more lines of codes and dialogues, nor an animation of a kiss, of an embrace, of 'sleeping side by side', nothing, a giant nothing, empty, boring ... rude ... this is to wish the worst for the game, this is to mock the intelligence of others ... not to say worse things ...

After the end of the first night with Judy and the attempt of new dialogues and actions, my desire was to uninstall Cyberpunk and never return.

Last edited:
With the 8 years and them paying for Reeves. It's not that. This is more than enough time to deal with all the permutations. The problem is the drive. You have to craft a main story that goes one default way. Than deal with all the extra directions that can branch off. But than lead to the main ending. With the players choices integrating it. What we got in the game. They could have done it. But they didn't choose to allow even of basic things.
I just imagine how cool it could have been if this were an actual choice matters experience. But would require that the main story weren't linear as it is now.

Assuming the story was told a bit different.

So using Dex as an example, he could have had some information of how you could solve the issue with Silverhand, but for him to give you these, he might want you to get rid of a rival, maybe one of the other fixers. You could then also try to buy the information from him or if NPC had a life routine, you could try to figure out where he lived, by using the computer in your apartment or through npcs or simply following him. You could and then go there and break in when he is gone to check if there were some information on his computer or whatever. Or you could straight up kill him and those information were lost, unless you could find them some other place like his house.

If you chose to break into house and got noticed, this would make him angry and cause bounty hunters to come after you sort of Assassin creed style and to solve that you could strike a deal with him, like paying him a lot of money. If you don't take out his rival, but prefer to pay him, but you are taking to long doing so, he might end up being murdered by this rival, which you could hear through the news, that he was found dead in his home.
Which could then lead you to going to his house, but at this point there are cops there securing the place. And if you want a chance of getting the information, you have to hurry before the police lock it all down. And if you don't make it in time, then those information might simply be gone and you would have to look for clues elsewhere which have nothing to do with what Dex knew.

To me, this would be a much better way of doing RPGs, as no characters are crucial for how you choose to solve the main quest, but can be approached from a lot of different ways.

Don't expect any public statement or commitment until at the very least January.

They know what they want to do with these 2 big patches and that's about it. Unless those two are actually meant to fix parts of the game and not just fix bugs, they are not going to commit to anything just yet. If those two patches don't get the game in working condition, they'll have to commit more time to it. They outright lied about the state of the game for consoles and that has to be their focus right now

It's simply better for them to stay silent at this point. Eventually they'll need to say something about the game's future and what kind of content will be added. Make no mistake, content will be added, the question is what shape will this content take?

Considering the game had sold 13 million copies by December 20th and has since been #1 global top seller on Steam, even with a Winter sale going strong for a few days now, there is no doubt they have the resources necessary to improve the game. At least wait till the holidays are over before being disappointed in the lack of statement or commitment. It was never going to happen before the new year.

The game is missing a lot of things that have become standard and things to distinguish it from other open world game. At the present, enjoy it for what it is or shelve it. The game isn't changing in any significant way for at least 2-3 months.

Don't expect any public statement or commitment until at the very least January.

They know what they want to do with these 2 big patches and that's about it. Unless those two are actually meant to fix parts of the game and not just fix bugs, they are not going to commit to anything just yet. If those two patches don't get the game in working condition, they'll have to commit more time to it. They outright lied about the state of the game for consoles and that has to be their focus right now

It's simply better for them to stay silent at this point. Eventually they'll need to say something about the game's future and what kind of content will be added. Make no mistake, content will be added, the question is what shape will this content take?

Considering the game had sold 13 million copies by December 20th and has since been #1 global top seller on Steam, even with a Winter sale going strong for a few days now, there is no doubt they have the resources necessary to improve the game. At least wait till the holidays are over before being disappointed in the lack of statement or commitment. It was never going to happen before the new year.

The game is missing a lot of things that have become standard and things to distinguish it from other open world game. At the present, enjoy it for what it is or shelve it. The game isn't changing in any significant way for at least 2-3 months.

I try to be balanced, fair, I may not succeed after so many disappointments. But what I try to understand now is:

After all, what needs to be fixed? Some graphics, performance bugs, ok. But ... will they fix the most terrible crowd code, done in a hurry or without any technical care? Will CD take care of the missions, which break by themselves because CD have exactly that miserable crowd code? Are they going to fix animations so that, if we continue to have absurdly bad codes drawn up and that generate, by themselves, an infinity of other problems?

Nothing will fix the game, because its code base was made - literally - to ruin the game or any idea that we had about 'games of the year, game of the decade'. The game needs to refound. I know how to do it, maybe others in the community, too, but CDPR, has no idea ... and has no disposition for it, they prove it, every day, and long ago, when they chose the 'advertising watered glitter and showbiss' to the detriment of your community on the networks.

(google translate, aff, when i mean CD or then google type 'you'... -_- )

I try to be balanced, fair, I may not succeed after so many disappointments. But what I try to understand now is:

After all, what needs to be fixed? Some graphics, performance bugs, ok. But ... will they fix the most terrible crowd code, done in a hurry or without any technical care? Will CD take care of the missions, which break by themselves because CD have exactly that miserable crowd code? Are they going to fix animations so that, if we continue to have absurdly bad codes drawn up and that generate, by themselves, an infinity of other problems?

Nothing will fix the game, because its code base was made - literally - to ruin the game or any idea that we had about 'games of the year, game of the decade'. The game needs to refound. I know how to do it, maybe others in the community, too, but CDPR, has no idea ... and has no disposition for it, they prove it, every day, and long ago, when they chose the 'advertising watered glitter and showbiss' to the detriment of your community on the networks.

(google translate, aff, when i mean CD or then google type 'you'... -_- )

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're trying to say. I get the gist of it, I think.

I gotta say, your tune has changed massively in two days. I remember you singing a very different song not so long ago.

Here's the thing, there is a lot to be fixed here. It's been discussed to death. I have no doubt that CDPR knows what needs to be addressed but it's not as easy as you make it out to be. We're talking about people who dedicate their entire lives to creating games and to say they have no idea of how to fix it, but you do, is wrong. They know how to fix it and they have a much better idea than anyone here, the question is will they do it?

CDPR has a good, excellent even, track record with previous games. It's in big part why they've gotten as big as they did. Other studios in recent years have proven that CP2077 isn't irredeemable. Others have proven that you can change huge parts of the game after release and people will be perfectly fine with it as long as the changes are positive.

Some of the most basic features of open world games aren't included right now or aren't functioning the way they should but I'm not ready to dismiss them entirely. Without an actual statement from CDPR saying otherwise, anything is still possible. I remain positive but I could be proven wrong. As it stands, people are already giving up, 16 days after release. During a pandemic. During the holidays. After months of crunch. We'll get a statement eventually. Hopefully CDPR understands that this statement should include something about the missing features but even that I do not really expect until February.

Disclaimer: I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're trying to say. I get the gist of it, I think.

I gotta say, your tune has changed massively in two days. I remember you singing a very different song not so long ago.

Here's the thing, there is a lot to be fixed here. It's been discussed to death. I have no doubt that CDPR knows what needs to be addressed but it's not as easy as you make it out to be. We're talking about people who dedicate their entire lives to creating games and to say they have no idea of how to fix it, but you do, is wrong. They know how to fix it and they have a much better idea than anyone here, the question is will they do it?

CDPR has a good, excellent even, track record with previous games. It's in big part why they've gotten as big as they did. Other studios in recent years have proven that CP2077 isn't irredeemable. Others have proven that you can change huge parts of the game after release and people will be perfectly fine with it as long as the changes are positive.

Some of the most basic features of open world games aren't included right now or aren't functioning the way they should but I'm not ready to dismiss them entirely. Without an actual statement from CDPR saying otherwise, anything is still possible. I remain positive but I could be proven wrong. As it stands, people are already giving up, 16 days after release. During a pandemic. During the holidays. After months of crunch. We'll get a statement eventually. Hopefully CDPR understands that this statement should include something about the missing features but even that I do not really expect until February.

I have always said the same thing, at least as to CDPR's intentions. Even they can be wrong, assuming they do it right. I do not embark on hate speech, but its acid on criticism, as well as I know how to get around it and that is what I expose. I've always been critical of the game's development, but I differentiate between destructive and constructive criticism. I affirm and keep affirming: CDPR is in the top of sales in the world, collective actions, will have little or no effect against the Polish company, many of them, encouraged by competitors, etc. I have in mind that this market has an annual turnover of more than 200 billion, with 3 billion players in the world, according to Microsoft - and a business like this, is likely to have high flights, but also drastic falls and CDPR was disputing this public, set itself up to that challenge (and failed shamefully). The owners of CDPR spoke of 'underestimations', but referred only to possible technical problems, I doubt that they even know the game ... currently. And for all that I mentioned above, I am pessimistic: it just became a business ... no more 'making games because we like making games'.

I'm hoping that Jason Schreier writes a long article about what happened like he did for Anthem. I get the feeling it's the same story, no direction, wasted time, bullshit magic marketing to sell a product that has no hope of coming close to the promises. I feel bad for the devs who worked on it. Must feel shitty to have to work such long hours just to have everyone hate it and it's not your fault.

Everything about this game screams Anthem to me. The delays, obvious bugs visible immediately on starting a new game, gameplay and interviews not matching up with the actual content in almost every aspect. Will be interesting to read why it failed.

May not be perfect, but everybody hating Cyberpunk, wtf are you talking about. Look at Metacritic, there are far more positive than negative reviews. Loos at Steam charts, it has 10x the active players that Witcher 3 ever had.

Only PS4 and XboxOne players that could not run it properly are hating it, and not even everyone.

I think a thread like this can be a double-edged sword. I like the intent: Feature list delivery. However, it can derail quickly. I hope the devs take the intent and help bring all the features to life. NMS anyone?

I'm hoping that Jason Schreier writes a long article about what happened like he did for Anthem. I get the feeling it's the same story, no direction, wasted time, bullshit magic marketing to sell a product that has no hope of coming close to the promises. I feel bad for the devs who worked on it. Must feel shitty to have to work such long hours just to have everyone hate it and it's not your fault.

Everything about this game screams Anthem to me. The delays, obvious bugs visible immediately on starting a new game, gameplay and interviews not matching up with the actual content in almost every aspect. Will be interesting to read why it failed.

Nah... Anthem got little to show, no loot system, Destiny wannabe, an empty marketing shell that looks pretty, even in 2020 it's lack of loot, lack of content, with okay gameplay.

Cyberpunk2077 felt more like a good game, but with so much trimmed content and feature, I hope they, fix the bugs, polish it, add dlc, and expand it in the future with another title.

May not be perfect, but everybody hating Cyberpunk, wtf are you talking about. Look at Metacritic, there are far more positive than negative reviews. Loos at Steam charts, it has 10x the active players that Witcher 3 ever had.

Only PS4 and XboxOne players that could not run it properly are hating it, and not even everyone.

Even most people in this thread aren't hating it, me included. Just because I'm disappointed at the false promises (I don't care what you call it, mods, they showed things in gameplay trailers that are not there) and missed potential doesn't mean I don't absolutely love how the city looks and feels. The atmosphere is unparalleled just walking around at night.

Ha! That's like saying, consumers don't change how companies make products, sell products and market them.

Very fact that shareholders hold that power, is the reason why corporations are different. And why shareholders can change the fate of any CEO or president.

Jeezus.
SORRY SWEATY THIS WAS DEBUNKED BEFORE YOU EVEN POSTED IT

i mean buggs will be ironed out sooner or later like they did with the witcher 3 ,but i think they should go with the extra mile of adding some of the missing features ,it really frustrates me to see this incredibly beautiful open world and i cant interact with it ,its a gripe that i had with the witcher 3 aswell but its more jarring in this game because you see all these advertisements and all you can interact with is a fucking vending machine atleast the witcher 3 had gwent while this game has no mini games what so ever

i mean buggs will be ironed out sooner or later like they did with the witcher 3 ,but i think they should go with the extra mile of adding some of the missing features ,it really frustrates me to see this incredibly beautiful open world and i cant interact with it ,its a gripe that i had with the witcher 3 aswell but its more jarring in this game because you see all these advertisements and all you can interact with is a fucking vending machine atleast the witcher 3 had gwent while this game has no mini games what so ever
Jeah understandable. But I don't want to hype my expectations after they messed up so hard I grant them the bare minimum of capabilities.

There is a video here as well with a guy going through missing features from the first trailer, which kind of reach the conclusion that what was released was an early build rather than the actual game, and to some degree comparing what CDPR said was possible at that time, looking at the UI, features etc.
At least one would have to agree that something during development have drastically changed the direction of CP from back then to what we have now.

(For people that haven't completed the game at least once yet, I suggest waiting watching this as it might contain spoilers and to get your own experience first.

But for those that have, I don't think there is anything that would really spoil anything that you don't already know. I have only completed it once myself and didn't find anything to be of spoiled from what I wouldn't already be able to figure out on my own.

But thought I would just warn about it, just in case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom