Metro last light

+
How is Metro Last Light Redux different from the current Metro Last Light? I understand 2033 Redux uses LL's engine. So apart from DLC and the infamous ranger mode, what makes Last Light redux worth re-buying? Also, WTF with Redux being available only for Windows? Meh. Seems like a money grab to me.

But game wise, both Metros are excellent and easily among my favorite shooters. I don't even like shooters all that much, and I loved the Metro series. The world is very exciting, specially in a feral/primal kind of way. Fallout is a much better post apocalyptic world in terms of a social and cultural reboot. It is interesting to see the old forms of human organization resurfacing in the face of survival but with the goals of complex social dynamics. The world we see in Fallout 1 and 2 is really very interesting, so I hope noone will judge Fallout by the third entry. Metro's world is very reduced, since the surface is uninhabitable. In any case, both are very interesting.

Keep an eye out for Wasteland 2 if any of you like traditional computer RPG's.

Well, first of all, you can play the LL in survival mode, which is the same gameplay as the 2033 which means slower reloading, bigger focus on scavenging ammo and filters and stuff like that. In preformanc you have a chance play in 4k, and it is have better effect, othervise is the same.

I have never played Fallout at all, because I don't like how it looks like and such. The Metro's art degsin more like I like, and I feel a way more despair. To be honest I can't really tell you why don't like it. I just don't.

Actually I plan to buy Wasteland 2, but I don't know when it will happens.

@.Volsung.

They actually are coming out on consoles. Watch the trailer again, the narrator mentions PS4 and XBOX1 a lot.

Um yeah I actually meant non-Windows PC, namely Linux :)

Well, first of all, you can play the LL in survival mode, which is the same gameplay as the 2033 which means slower reloading, bigger focus on scavenging ammo and filters and stuff like that. In preformanc you have a chance play in 4k, and it is have better effect, othervise is the same.

I have never played Fallout at all, because I don't like how it looks like and such. The Metro's art degsin more like I like, and I feel a way more despair. To be honest I can't really tell you why don't like it. I just don't.

Actually I plan to buy Wasteland 2, but I don't know when it will happens.

So basically LL Redux is what is should have been, but I have to buy it again. How kind of them.

@.Volsung. Redux is coming to Linux for sure, and I think OS X as well, but it won't be until "later this year".

Alright then. Thanks!

Um yeah I actually meant non-Windows PC, namely Linux :)

So basically LL Redux is what is should have been, but I have to buy it again. How kind of them.

Alright then. Thanks!

Well, it is way better offer to the nextgen console owners there is no doubt about that. Personly I need a retail copy of the game, and this is a good chance to get, and get both, with a better coverart. Of course the 2033 looks way better than the original, and in Hungary the price is lower than the GTA V, or any "nextgen'' title.

Metro 2033 Redux comparison video: original vs. Redux

Metro 2033 Boardgame review.
To be honest, I am a little bit disappointed about this. The artworks are not that great, look at poor Hunter, he looks like a generic maffia member. FFG would handle this better, heck they could make a PnP RPG about this world, that would be even more awesome.

I bought the two Metros a few weeks ago. LL won't be touched until I buy my desktop next year anyway (present laptop is too weak), but now I'm wondering whether to wait with 2033 as well and get the Redux come March, or just play it now as it was? I probably won't do a replay. Too many games to play.

Too many games to play.

I think that's the wrong attitude. You should play games for fun, not obligation. Try and get the most out of any given game.

I think it's a shame when people play a game like drinking a glass of cheap booze and weeks later can't even remember the plot or any significant details. Why play at all then?

My recommendation is keeping your playing list to a minimum and only playing what you really, really want to play. Don't waste your time playing because you have to.

That said, Metro 2033 and Last Light won't change your life, but they are damn good. Try to enjoy them.

Well I don't know what to think about Metro choosing an unsupported Ubuntu OS (13.04) as the recommended OS for the Linux version :p By the time the game reaches Linux, 13.04 will have been binned for nearly a year.

Last edited:
I think that's the wrong attitude. You should play games for fun, not obligation. Try and get the most out of any given game.

I think it's a shame when people play a game like drinking a glass of cheap booze and weeks later can't even remember the plot or any significant details. Why play at all then?

My recommendation is keeping your playing list to a minimum and only playing what you really, really want to play. Don't waste your time playing because you have to.

That said, Metro 2033 and Last Light won't change your life, but they are damn good. Try to enjoy them.

Sometimes I feeling this on myself as well, and this because the most of the empty and avarage games. This game is clearly different fortunetly, I missed when I finished it first time. Clearly not the best FPS out there, but I love this world so much, this is how I imagine the post-apocalyptic world.
@eliharel
I would say that you should wait with it. It is beautyfull both in graphic and in artistic way, detailed and atmospheric.

The Metro Redux FPS Games Will Require OpenGL 4 On Linux

Last edited:
Top Bottom