Metro last light

+
Sirnaq said:
every boxed copy have ranger mode

Wait, really? There was no such thing as a limited preorder offer/payed DLC after all?

Also that was an interesting link. Makes me rethink the whole "never buying Metro Last Light" thing.

Volsung said:
Wait, really? There was no such thing as a limited preorder offer/payed DLC after all?

Also that was an interesting link. Makes me rethink the whole "never buying Metro Last Light" thing.
Well, if you buy it on steam you won't get ranger mode. Ranger mode is in deluxe edition, preorder edition or if you buy it separately for 5$. For now every boxed copy is deluxe edition as i understand it.

Well, I heard, that only the first bunch of boxed copies is the deluxe edition and then later on, they will only produce the regular edition, which doesn't include Ranger mode and you would have to pay for it.

So Ranger mode:
Pre-order
Initial stock of boxed copies (Deluxe Edition)

No Ranger mode:
Digital copies
Later boxed copies

Man, that's pretty brutal. The Metro guys are in the sticks while EA is in the playboy mansion.

I poked around but couldn't ind anything regarding a boxed copy requiring Steam activation. Anyone know more on this? Steam Activation like Fallout: NV and Skyrim is a guaranteed Glaroug Deal Breaker whether its the Witcher 3 or Mass Effect 3: Reborn the Way It Should Have Been.

EDIT: Well fuck. I just checked Wikipedia (you'd think I'd have gone there at least second) and it says it does, even for the retail disk. Fuck. Fuck! FUCK!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication

Guest 2091327

Thanks, that's a "nice" list of games I will NEVER buy. Steam (spit) can do us all a massive favour and suck on a shotgun.

Glaroug said:
Man, that's pretty brutal. The Metro guys are in the sticks while EA is in the playboy mansion.

I poked around but couldn't ind anything regarding a boxed copy requiring Steam activation. Anyone know more on this? Steam Activation like Fallout: NV and Skyrim is a guaranteed Glaroug Deal Breaker whether its the Witcher 3 or Mass Effect 3: Reborn the Way It Should Have Been.

EDIT: Well fuck. I just checked Wikipedia (you'd think I'd have gone there at least second) and it says it does, even for the retail disk. Fuck. Fuck! FUCK!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication

Welp, i have metro 2033 on steam anyway.

Alright, so here it is.

Cd with a game, some advertisements, code from retailer with some prizes, manual and whole bunch of nothing. Guess i need to be happy that i get whole game.

Rather disappointing, that you don't get any extra stuff...

I rather agree with the review of what I have seen so far of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630XfL6iT9M

Sad that they couldn't be bothered to portray women properly in the game for the most part. Also if you look at the character models, the men seem rather realistic for the time period (only the fit survive), but the womens character models are missing good animations, details and believability. They look like they were made for games 5 years ago.

I love the conversations that are held by all the people, where you can eavesdrop in. I feel like the Witcher needs something like that. It really helped the immersiveness. I also like the dirtiness and grittiness for the most part. I hope The Witcher 3 will get more of that.

Still I feel, this game could have been perfect, if they had made a final effort with women design, dlc and pre-order practices. And that is from someone that doesn't play shooter.

Sirnaq said:
Alright, so here it is.

Cd with a game, some advertisements, code from retailer with some prizes, manual and whole bunch of nothing. Guess i need to be happy that i get whole game.

No offence but what is special about this edition? So far every regular boxed copies of games I have include the same things that you listed. Is limited just a few words on the box?

Agbeth said:
No offence but what is special about this edition? So far every regular boxed copies of games I have include the same things that you listed. Is limited just a few words on the box?

Limited means, that it includes ranger mode, which was otherwise just pre-order exclusive. Later prints will be regular edition adn you will have to pay 5$ to get the ranger mode ("The way it is meant to be played." as they advertised it). That is the main gripe with the game and why we are so upset and angry with them. This is just bad business practice to charge for a difficulty setting.

Limited is that they are selling whole game without cut content. Standard version doesn't have ranger mode difficulty.

Damn it they could at least include soundtrack. I remember metro 2033 had some great music.

Guest 2091327

Limited Edition: Full content
Standard Edition: Limited content

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Alright, looks like i can change fov with cfg file. It looks absolutely amazing and runs smooth as butter with 60 fps everywhere on gtx 460 and medium settings.

Sirnaq said:
You can't help it that publishers are jackasses.

Well, I don't think, that they are jackasses, they just don't care about the consumer more than they have to because of his money. If at all they care about the opinion of the shareholders. They are just there to make profit and publishers at least the big ones don't care for the things they sell.

Being a jackass would imply you want to screw somebody over out of malice or bad intent, I don't think they are emotional about this at all.

But this is the big problem, that many publishers grew to far away from the material and all the passion and love for the subject is gone. That is where you can see the difference between EA/Activision and CP Project and the likes. The latter are still close to the development and care for the projects. The former are just business corporations that act more and more like loan sharks or maybe banks, that don't care about our project, they just want rewards.

My first impressions: It's good, really good, i have a blast. But no wonder, i loved metro2033 and this is my type of game.

Top Bottom