Minimum system requirement issues

+
heatheat said:
Hi,

I hope you can help me with getting this game to work. I bought the witcher enhanced edition and installed it.

my laptop is sony viao intel core i3-3120M CPU 2.50ghz. Installed memory 4.0 GB. I think my graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics 4000. Running windows 8. I have 804GB free space

I checked the witcher properties and i have file 1.5.0.1304.

I get minimum system requirements not met. I don't know what to do exactly to make this game run. will it even run on my laptop? I would appreciate your help. thanks

Yes it will run but you will be stuck on low resolution with no way to change it . First you will need to go to your witcher installation and open the Witcher/System folder and find the witcher exe then right click on it and select "send to desktop" . Now close all open windows and right click on the new shortcut you just made and select properties then select the shortcut tab and in the target line to the right and outside the quotation mark type exactly (space)-dontForceMinReqs then click apply and ok

EDIT : Ive attached a pic that may help .

Apparently this problem was never fixed... Weird, though. It worked when I was running just off Intel HD 3000, but now that I've upgraded to a GTX 780 - and removed all traces of the integrated card from my system - it refuses to pass that check. I can't stand the decreased texture quality that -dontForceMinReqs leaves you with, so if another fix is possible, that would be great.

Do you have any GPU switching software like Lucid Virtu installed? This can screw up the game's ability to determine the active GPU.

I've nothing of the sort according to Windows' Programs and Features list... Mind you, most of that list is Games and other various media devices...

I did a bit of digging into my Appdata folder, and found this file under, "Local\The Witcher\Logs." It reads as though it's seeing my GPU...

Short of uninstalling the game wiping the registry then reinstalling .

There is a mod on the Nexus that should give you high settings textures .
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/649/?

Well it seems that the script edit on the link provided got the textures up to snuff - even if the game doesn't think so - and I can force AA in the Nvidia Control Panel without too much issue. Thanks a tonne for the help!

I've just resolved my problem yesterday after 3 days of fight, I'm finally able to play without the "-dontforceminreqs" and with high quality graphics :)
I'm with Win7 64bits, DirectX11 and NVIDIA GT 640.
The "regedit" stuff (EmulationOnly et SoftwareOnly) didn't work for me, and my drivers were up to date.

I think my last "successful" modifications were :
- In my BIOS, I change the "Video parameter" to make sure he would use my graphic card (choose PCI) where there are 2 devices available.
- AND I checked in my "Devices manager" >> "Video cards" : there was of course my "nvidia gt 640"... but there was also some leftover of the software LogMeIn, some "virtual graphic card" named "LogMeIn mirror driver". And I uninstalled it. I think this was in conflict with my actual graphic card.

I am now a happy gamer and I hope these tips could help someone :)

I've just resolved my problem yesterday after 3 days of fight, I'm finally able to play without the "-dontforceminreqs" and with high quality graphics :)
I'm with Win7 64bits, DirectX11 and NVIDIA GT 640.
The "regedit" stuff (EmulationOnly et SoftwareOnly) didn't work for me, and my drivers were up to date.

I think my last "successful" modifications were :
- In my BIOS, I change the "Video parameter" to make sure he would use my graphic card (choose PCI) where there are 2 devices available.
- AND I checked in my "Devices manager" >> "Video cards" : there was of course my "nvidia gt 640"... but there was also some leftover of the software LogMeIn, some "virtual graphic card" named "LogMeIn mirror driver". And I uninstalled it. I think this was in conflict with my actual graphic card.

I am now a happy gamer and I hope these tips could help someone :)

Good find; it was most likely the LogMeIn virtual device. This is troublesome in many other applications, from other games to video players to Photoshop.

I have this problem as well, it tells me that i dont met the minumum requeriments.
I have fx 8350
14g of ram
and amd hd 7950 3gb
Windows 7 64bit
i tried everything the -dontforceminreqs and tried to do the software only but there is not such file in there, I tried also the one you have to use a mod didn't solve my problem.
I don't understand this problem is mainly use of integrated card, I don't even have an integrated card, my motherboard doesn't have one, so i can't see a problem for me to use the game with a 7950, I tried all the solutions possible. what should I do I want to play the game and the graphics looks so bad and I can't change the texture and the anti aliasing.

any suggetion I'm kinda desperate. pd: sorry for my english :)

I have this problem as well, it tells me that i dont met the minumum requeriments.
I have fx 8350
14g of ram
and amd hd 7950 3gb
Windows 7 64bit
i tried everything the -dontforceminreqs and tried to do the software only but there is not such file in there, I tried also the one you have to use a mod didn't solve my problem.
I don't understand this problem is mainly use of integrated card, I don't even have an integrated card, my motherboard doesn't have one, so i can't see a problem for me to use the game with a 7950, I tried all the solutions possible. what should I do I want to play the game and the graphics looks so bad and I can't change the texture and the anti aliasing.

any suggetion I'm kinda desperate. pd: sorry for my english :)
The -dontForceMinReqs only works with the Witcher exe which you can find in your game directory . Navigate to your Witcher/System folder and locate the witcher exe and right click and send to desktop . Then right click the new shortcut , select properties and in the shortcut tab add the -dontForceMinreqs to the right and outside the quotation mark in the target line . Then click OK . Afterward you should be able to add the mod and all should work fine .

The -dontForceMinReqs only works with the Witcher exe which you can find in your game directory . Navigate to your Witcher/System folder and locate the witcher exe and right click and send to desktop . Then right click the new shortcut , select properties and in the shortcut tab add the -dontForceMinreqs to the right and outside the quotation mark in the target line . Then click OK . Afterward you should be able to add the mod and all should work fine .

I did it and when I try to open the shortcut or the witcher.exe I get : steam error- Aplication load error 5:0000065434.
what should I do? I get that message every time I try. for the recorded I was getting that message before doing what you said me to do.

I did it and when I try to open the shortcut or the witcher.exe I get : steam error- Aplication load error 5:0000065434.
what should I do? I get that message every time I try. for the recorded I was getting that message before doing what you said me to do.
Hmm that`s strange . I open my Steam>steamapps>common>TWEE>System folder and launch the witcher exe and the game starts like it`s supposed to .
Tell you what you can do is claim your witcher backup copy from GOG using your Steam key .
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Hmm that`s strange . I open my Steam>steamapps>common>TWEE>System folder and launch the witcher exe and the game starts like it`s supposed to .
Tell you what you can do is claim your witcher backup copy from GOG using your Steam key .
http://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

I tried that now there is no error but I still can't change the textures and the antialiasing. I give up, I'm gonna play the game anyways but this is a terrible flaw that the game has, and I paid for it and I want to work properly. It's not like the game is too old and has some flaws to work well now. there is no excuse.
thanks anyways for the replies trying to help, appreciate it.

I don`t know what is with the Steam version and mods but some or I might go so far as to say most mods don`t work at all with the Steam version . Which is why I linked to the free backup copy from GOG . All mods work with it .

Guest 3657072

According to the Dxdiag your DDraw status is disabled .

Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\Drivers and change the SoftwareOnly from 1 to 0

Then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw and change the EmulationOnly to 0

Then restart computer and retry

Or you can do it Microsoft`s way .
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

I love you man <3 :D this is big help for me and worked. My game has bad resolution and only max 1440*900 when i have to use -dontForceMinReqs. But i did what you say here and i can make all settings max. now.

Fixed the problem in an optimus notebook.
I have an ASUS G750JZ, I went to BIOS and in graphics options changed the DVMT memory from 64 to 512, now The Witcher loads without -dontForceMinReqs and runs on Nvidia discrete card with AA and High Textures.
Hope it helps and report if it works :)
(Remember to force The Witcher to start with discrete graphics cards in the Nvidia Control Panel, just in case)

Last edited:
Hello everyone !

I came because...guess what, i've got the problem too.
I play with a box version of the game (the enhanced version, with patch 1.5) and my computer is a laptop, a MSI GE60 2PE, with Windows 8.1 and a Nvidia GTX860M. It also have an intel chipset (HD graphic 4600) but it's not supposed to interfere.
I've tried several version but no one work :
-the regedit version, but i can't run dxdiag in 32 bit to check if directdraw is disabled and i can't find the EmulatorOnly line in the regedit.
-the patch version (with http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/649/?) but i don't have an "Override" file and if i create it manually it doesn't seem to work. And i havn't understand if i still need to launch the game with the command line or not (but it doesn't work if i don't use the command line...)
-the BIOS version, to disable the chipset, but i can't find it in the BIOS menu.

AAaaaargh ! Please help, if you can :D

Top Bottom